Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

33 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
Those who know your Bantams history will know and hopefully be able to help me here.

To most it will be another insignificant FA Cup match, but 18th November 1972 Bradford City beat Grantham 3-0 at Valey Parade.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with any information on the match, with regards Bradford details.

http://www.thegingerbreads.co.uk/gtfcstats/matchdetails.php?id=1376

If anyone has the Bradford line-up, goalscorers, report or photos then please get in touch as it could be apart of the the Official Grantham Town website.

Thanks alot

Andy Sutton

PS
Why not visit your club page and let me know about some of the former players that have played for both sides.
http://www.thegingerbreads.co.uk/gtfcstats/opponent.php?opp=235

Dmitry

C&B Member
Jun 8, 2005
Line-up

Ritchie; Podd, Cooper, Oates, Cooke, Fretwell, Hall, Brown, Ingram, Gilliver, Johnston.

Goals

Ingram, Oates, Johnston.

Attendence 4, 935

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Where'd you get that info Dmitry? you really do know your stuff to say you live such a long way away.

Btw, i've often wondered. What do your friends / family think of you supporting bradford city? I'd of thought youd get some stick for them being relativly unknown in Russia and everyone probably likes liverpool and Manchester Utd.

Dmitry

C&B Member
Jun 8, 2005
I should to say thank's for Norman Corner who made me great gift sending a Bradford City complete record 1903-1988, I took this information from the edition.
Certainly, my mates jokes sometimes about it. When my dad saw City game against Sheffield United two seasons ago, when we were awful, to be honest, and relegated he said: "I'm sorry for you to support so poor side like it was today". But everyone estimate my passion for City.
And about glory-hunters that "support", but I'd prefer the verb follow, Man Utd, Chelsea or other fashionable clubs - I know that one day I will laugh for them!:p

G
We will return to the Premiership one day within my lifetime, i feel it.

The Champions League beckons :D

May 21, 2005
Wrose
my.ebay.co.uk
As to the match in question....it was my very first game as a 10 year old. My old man took me as he did for many years afterwards. He was still goin up until 2 years ago.
I dont remember anything about the game apart from Gerry Ingrams unkempt blond hair. i wonder where he is now.
Dmitry....I too salute you Sir...but you are still subversive like Russian Mafia!!!!....Mit zolhuy ansft zendua volk steiner?

Status
Not open for further replies.