Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

5-0 but no petta today

Status
Not open for further replies.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Well done to the lads today at Stockport - Windy and Cooke both bagging goals - keep it up and who knows.

Petta must still be carrying his injury - hopefully it will be cleared up for Hartlepool?

G
'Sounds like three of the goals were headers, damn them short strikers '

The County website says we were gifted all of the headed goals, when the going gets tough i still insist our strikers are too short to tussle away for headers and to head the ball on. Dont get me wrong, Windass is good at them when he can get to them but if he has to challenge to get his head to the ball he just is not tall enough.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Goals

Yes but some of the time you have to have pace to get in the box to catch up the wide man - to meet the cross (with the head or another legal part of the body). Something we were guilty of on many occssions last season - no one or not the numbers in the box. Cadders and MBW might just make a difference on this front this season.

May 24, 2005
I atteneded todays game (One hell of a journey by bus and train!), and was very impressed with the lads.

The players who particularly stood out for me were Richard Edghill, and Lee Crooks.

Edghill looked confident, assured and comfortable on the ball, where as Crooks looked like a different player, leaner and fitter, he never gave the ball away, created time and space for himself and played the perfect pass just about every time.

I think 3 (?), goals were headers, the 1st one was a real beauty, a MBW cross and Deano nodded in at the near post. Cant really remember many about the others... LOL, except the second one Deano nicked the ball of the keeper when the fumbled, and tapped in, and both of Cookes goals were close range (One was a tap in, the other a header, great to see him on the scoresheet, also showed some pace today!). Bowers was a powerful header from a MBW corner.

Deano was also magic today, one cross field ball particauly was awesome. Cadders didnt really convince me, though he did get better as the match went on. Ben has the same problem as ever on the left, he cant cross with his left foot, when he swapped over onto the right he was much better. Kearney,Schumacher and the defence were solid, Wethers a towering giant as ever, and Donovan seemed to be really enjoying himself, screaming at the players no end, and with a couple of 'interesting' clearances when he rushed out the box.

The subs during the game were - Bentham,Wright,Swift,Cooke,Kearney, Morrison and Forrest. Am still trying to get used to the new numbers, seems strange seeing Hollers at 4, Kearney at 15, Ben at 7 etc etc.

Overall very pleased, a very small crowd, but the City fans made occasional noise, particularly when arguing with the Stockport section about Owen! The ground was better than I expected having never been there before, though there was a pillar in the way. I would expect a crowd of less than 500.

Hope thats a good review!

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
BobMolenaarForever! said:
I atteneded todays game (One hell of a journey by bus and train!), and was very impressed with the lads.

The players who particularly stood out for me were Richard Edghill, and Lee Crooks.

Edghill looked confident, assured and comfortable on the ball, where as Crooks looked like a different player, leaner and fitter, he never gave the ball away, created time and space for himself and played the perfect pass just about every time.

I think 3 (?), goals were headers, the 1st one was a real beauty, a MBW cross and Deano nodded in at the near post. Cant really remember many about the others... LOL, except the second one Deano nicked the ball of the keeper when the fumbled, and tapped in, and both of Cookes goals were close range (One was a tap in, the other a header, great to see him on the scoresheet, also showed some pace today!). Bowers was a powerful header from a MBW corner.

Deano was also magic today, one cross field ball particauly was awesome. Cadders didnt really convince me, though he did get better as the match went on. Ben has the same problem as ever on the left, he cant cross with his left foot, when he swapped over onto the right he was much better. Kearney,Schumacher and the defence were solid, Wethers a towering giant as ever, and Donovan seemed to be really enjoying himself, screaming at the players no end, and with a couple of 'interesting' clearances when he rushed out the box.

The subs during the game were - Bentham,Wright,Swift,Cooke,Kearney, Morrison and Forrest. Am still trying to get used to the new numbers, seems strange seeing Hollers at 4, Kearney at 15, Ben at 7 etc etc.

Overall very pleased, a very small crowd, but the City fans made occasional noise, particularly when arguing with the Stockport section about Owen! The ground was better than I expected having never been there before, though there was a pillar in the way. I would expect a crowd of less than 500.

Hope thats a good review!
Aye, cheers BMF.

May 18, 2005
Great report that Bob, its nice to hear positive comments about Crooks who i think had a hard time last season. I remember the TBs game at home when wethers was off injured, Crooksy stepped back into the space and filled the skippers boots well. Perhaps Crooks could make a good defender, if he can stop his mistimed challenges he could do that.

May 24, 2005
I thought Crooks was a bit harshly done by last season.

In the games at the end of the season (Where we played MBW and Schuey in the centre), we were attacking with freedom and that was ok.

But earlier in the season in tight games, he definitly did a job, and we missed him when he wasnt in the team. He is excellent backup for the 1st choice two in the centre. I am a bit surpised to see Crooks given number 8 (Is it number 8), and Kearney given 15, does that indicate anything?

Chasser

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Brighton
Thanks for a good account of the match Bob, waiting for a report from the
"official site" is like waiting for paint to dry on a cold rainy day.

How about a career move into journalism?

1 2 3 4 5 6 days & counting ******

Status
Not open for further replies.