Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

8 home defeats so far and counting!!

Sep 12, 2017
Guiseley
This cannot go on.
It is only December.
What is our record number of home defeats in a season?
We have a soft centre and a management team whose priorities are in a state of utter flux.
Do we twist or stick? Cant afford to upset our away form by changing our style at home thinks Stuart.
Can I afford another offensive option at VP?
In the meantime our variation in form between home and away is a conundrum which cannot be allowed
to continue.
Stuart thinks what shall I do? I dont know he says to himself and the owners.
What shall I do?
I know! Ask for more money in Jan and buy a few more forwards that always sounds positive!
What shall I do?

steve1970

C&B Member
Jun 14, 2015
eccleshill
This cannot go on.
It is only December.
We have a soft centre and a management team whose priorities are in a state of utter flux.
Do we twist or stick? Cant afford to upset our away form by changing our style at home thinks Stuart.
In the meantime our variation in form between home and away is a conundrum which cannot be allowed
to continue.
What shall I do?
I know! Ask for more money in Jan and buy a few more forwards that always sounds positive!
What shall I do?
Check in at lynfield Mount is a good option for you.

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
If our home and away form were the other way round would we be having this discussion answer is no. It doesn't matter where the pts come from as long as we pick them up.
I agree to a certain extent but everyone should strive to improve and just ignoring the poor home form just because we are doing well away is complacent at best.

Stuart needs to find the answer and he needs to find it quick because if we don't improve at home we could be in for a huge disappointment come May.

Ricc

C&B Full Member
Oct 8, 2007
Shipley
This cannot go on.
It is only December.
to continue.
What shall I do?
What shall I do?

didn't feel like posting this just after the last home match, when it would probably be met with a more favourable response, no?

Aug 14, 2012
Saying we have lost 8 although is factually true it is very misleading as 3 of them have come in the cups and 2 of them in the Checkatrade where we have played understrength teams against strong league 1 opposition so i wouldn't get too concerned about that.

Bigrod

C&B Member
Jul 8, 2013
Up in the hills and far away
This cannot go on.
It is only December.
to continue.
What shall I do?
What shall I do?
An amazing use of the first and third person.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
If our home and away form were the other way round would we be having this discussion answer is no. It doesn't matter where the pts come from as long as we pick them up.
Yes cannot disagree - but we need to keep the home crowd numbers up and continuing losing at home it is likely to decrease and reduce income if we fail to get promotion.

Fordy117

C&B Member
Aug 18, 2007
What is fortunate for us is ou away form is good and we are still in the mix that's with a poor home.

We've to change a few things in our style of play at home but I believe we can turn it around starting on Saturday.

Inspector

C&B Member
Aug 26, 2012
If we were playing badly at home I'd be more concerned. We matched Blackburn and should've beaten Plymouth. Fleetwood looked worse than it was. The owners set the agenda of going for it and accept defeats will come along the way. Another decent forward and creative midfielder wouldn't go amiss in January.

Bronco

C&B Member
Dec 29, 2012
Wibsey
This cannot go on.
It is only December.
to continue.
What shall I do?
What shall I do?
Get ya sen a large drink and chill out :).

Plastic Bantam

S*it happens when you party naked
C&B Member
May 17, 2013
This cannot go on.
It is only December.
to continue.
What shall I do?
What shall I do?
Does it matter? If the form was the other way round no one would really be complaining... Home or Away as long as we pick up wins does it matter where they're picked up?

Ideally we'd be winning home and away.. however very rarely is football ideal

Bigrod

C&B Member
Jul 8, 2013
Up in the hills and far away
Does it matter? If the form was the other way round no one would really be complaining... Home or Away as long as we pick up wins does it matter where they're picked up?

Ideally we'd be winning home and away.. however very rarely is football ideal
I think it matters as the defeats are being witnessed by the majority of the supporters. We only take 2,000+ to a few away games. The 19,000 see what happens at Valley Parade and with the ‘feel crap’ factor on leaving VP on the back of a defeat, it definitely does impact on morale.

Personally I am not unduly worried at the moment, but the OP @Brackenrigg is, and I guess quite a few others will be as well.

Heaton Bantam

I`ll die before I`m 25, I lived the way I wanted
C&B Member
May 19, 2013
Lives in Wilsden, Heart in Heaton
www.ratemypoo.co.uk
This cannot go on.
It is only December.
to continue.
What shall I do?
What shall I do?
What absolute and utter bollocks.

Two of those defeats are scratch teams in a nothing cup. Three of the league defeats are smash and grab where we have dominated (that includes Fleetwood), one was a very even game (Charlton and the other was against a team that are now really starting to click and have PL players in the team (Blackburn).

We are fifth in the league and have won 11 of 20 games. If the Home/ Away wins were reversed we'd be happy.

Get a grip.

Aug 16, 2013
Aww bless, look at Bronco still following me round like a love sick puppy to give me nonsensical cartoon emojis.

It'd be sweet if you weren't supposedly old enough to know better.
Is there an age limit on giving ratings?

Apr 24, 2013
I think it matters as the defeats are being witnessed by the majority of the supporters. We only take 2,000+ to a few away games. The 19,000 see what happens at Valley Parade and with the ‘feel crap’ factor on leaving VP on the back of a defeat, it definitely does impact on morale.

Personally I am not unduly worried at the moment, but the OP @Brackenrigg is, and I guess quite a few others will be as well.
What do they expect for £149 ????