Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A Hard Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
by the sounds of it, no real idea yet as I wasn't there. But from the sound of it, we made hard work of this game as well. Apparently Vale were poor; which always brings out the worst in us.

Anyway a win is a win, just hope we can build on that.

G
Build on it? You are joking right? We all know we'll play pish poor against Gillingham and hand them the three points on a plate :D

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Doesnt matter really, it was a win against a top six side bang in form...

People can take as much gloss off this win as much as they want (and they will), but after just missing out against arguably the best side in the League on Monday followed by this result for me its a massive win...

I look forward to our usual doom and gloomers versions whilst at the same time awaiting their "we will get hammered by Gillingham" rants...

I also await the Todd didnt get them motivated, it was a lucky win, we were poor, blah blah fookin blah....

7th place in the last 9 matches only beaten by a prem side and a near dead cert promotion team...

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:mad:

First one in already;) Typically boring ........:mad:

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
A deserved win it sounded, could of been more than the 1 if some of them could finish..

1st home defeat for port vale i heard mentioned somewhere aswell and a clean sheet with big Don back in goal..

Back up to 7th which is where abouts we have been most of the season..

Bring on Gillingham.. :D

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
tony d said:
Doesnt matter really, it was a win against a top six side bang in form...

People can take as much gloss off this win as much as they want (and they will), but after just missing out against arguably the best side in the League on Monday followed by this result for me its a massive win...

I look forward to our usual doom and gloomers versions whilst at the same time awaiting their "we will get hammered by Gillingham" rants...

I also await the Todd didnt get them motivated, it was a lucky win, we were poor, blah blah fookin blah....

7th place in the last 9 matches only beaten by a prem side and a near dead cert promotion team...

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:mad:

First one in already;) Typically boring ........:mad:
Your right there Tony but you missed out the poor subs

Theres alway them that have a half empty glass and them that have one half full

G
I'm the first to congratulate Todd when he deserves it, once again his defensive tactics away from home are spot on......but i'll eat my hat if we go out attacking against Gillingham.......you all know deep down that it will be another shabby display against Gillingham culminating in a defeat or a lucky draw.

I would have no complaints with Todd if he would just change his bleedin home tactics.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
It must reeeeeeeaaaaly hurt some on here when we win.....

Moaning set of sad fookin gits........

I pay my money blah blah blah...

Todd out blah blah blah...

Players are shite blah blah blah...

No wonder the Huddersfield fans out sung us.. Probably half our fans were too busy booing the lads from the warm up...

bööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööööö your selves..

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Tony D cheering the team on from where?

Bloody easy is it not spud man.

citygirl

Mum ~ Granny Bantam
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Keighley
www.facebook.com
these matches are the ones we need to win, every bit as much as the ones at home...they're all every bit as valid.

if the crowd had been better, more forgiving....and windass and mbw had been in for huddersfield, then we'd have sailed through it..just as we did last year...it wasn't to be...but it would have made things look a lot different now.

we're still not halfway through yet, and we're already relegated, depending on who you listen to...they won today...they turned a boring nil nil draw into 3 points...

but anybody'd think we were losing every match and getting a hiding into the bargain.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
We were slightly above average against a very, very, very poor Port Vale team - its 3 points which is fantastic but the performance if i'm being perfectly honest didn't warrant 3 points!! Yet again Todd tried his best to feck it up by his bizarre subs - if Petta was injured (?) then fair play on the Emmanuel sub - but Holloway on for Edghill? WTF's that all about?....

Bonus' to take from the game? The facilities at Vale Park - yet again an enjoyable day out at the "wembley of the north" :)D) plastic bottled beer (why don't we sell that - hardly any queue's) Steve Claridge and his finishing and Big Donovan Ricketts.....he made all the difference, he commanded his area much better than the piss poor Howarth!! Apart from that - not much, if we play like we did yesterday every game - we'll be lower-mid table come May next year.....:(

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
king billy said:
We were slightly above average against a very, very, very poor Port Vale team - its 3 points which is fantastic but the performance if i'm being perfectly honest didn't warrant 3 points!! Yet again Todd tried his best to feck it up by his bizarre subs - if Petta was injured (?) then fair play on the Emmanuel sub - but Holloway on for Edghill? WTF's that all about?....

Bonus' to take from the game? The facilities at Vale Park - yet again an enjoyable day out at the "wembley of the north" :)D) plastic bottled beer (why don't we sell that - hardly any queue's) Steve Claridge and his finishing and Big Donovan Ricketts.....he made all the difference, he commanded his area much better than the piss poor Howarth!! Apart from that - not much, if we play like we did yesterday every game - we'll be lower-mid table come May next year.....:(
Thanks KB, Sticks and Tim did a good job commentating on the match, because that is what it sounded like. The three points are very welcome, but I don't think we should hide from the fact, that we are struggling.

Shaz we will have to see if the much needed return of MBW will make all the difference; great to see Ricketts back between the sticks, and it looks like he put in a good performance yesterday.

May 21, 2005
Its the sign of a good team if you win and don't play well isn't it? I'm still reasonably optimistic this season as we've yet to get going IMO and when (if) we get going we should easily make the play-offs

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Bantams_AnD_Proud said:
Its the sign of a good team if you win and don't play well isn't it? I'm still reasonably optimistic this season as we've yet to get going IMO and when (if) we get going we should easily make the play-offs
Dont waste your time BaP , if you dont join in the slating its not worth it...

Struggling against a side who were one of the form teams going into the weekend, a teaam that had won 4 drawn 2 and only lost one at home up until our visit means nowt...

Already the doom and gloomers have us down for a loss against the Gills, who are one of the hardest teams to beat when they are on their travels. Only one loss, with draws against 3 of the top six teams in their 4 draws one loss record...

But as i keep saying, dont let facts get in the way of A BAD MOAN AND GROAN from the usual suspects...

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
WTF's Port Vale's recent form got to do with anything? They were absolute shite yesterday - the worst team weve played this season.....

Believe what you want from your "friends who go to the games" Tony, but the God's honest truth is that we won yesterday IN SPITE of Colin Todd - not because of him.....

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
king billy said:
WTF's Port Vale's recent form got to do with anything? They were absolute shite yesterday - the worst team weve played this season.....

Believe what you want from your "friends who go to the games" Tony, but the God's honest truth is that we won yesterday IN SPITE of Colin Todd - not because of him.....
Well better to listen to my mate then to read the same shite every week ...

Prior to match "we will get hammered Todds Shite"
City win "we were lucky Nowt to do with Todd"
City lose "Todd out we are shite"
City Draw "Todd out he shite we are shite"
Blah blah blah...

Relegation fodder, mid table drivel....Shite players shite manager, no fookin chance...PMSFL......

Keep up the "you dont go" rubbish too Wrosemary.... Doesnt wash with me, might wind Chuckles up but you must try harder .....Just stick to crying in your soup on the way home...

May 20, 2005
That's the odd thing. When City Lose The Top Table cry "It's Down to Todd!!" But when City Win they cry "Nowt to Do with Todd"

Very Strange. I think you can watch too much football, because it's the ones that never miss a minute, that talk the most gash on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.