Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Andy Cooke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Andy Cooke in my eyes is becoming a very usefull player, I was very pleased with his performance today and think he fits the discription of a team player.

He is very unselfish and can hold the ball up we, he is aware of movement around him and off him and is strong and powerfull. He may not score many goals but he helps create many and is a handfull for defenders.

It's taken a few months for him to really settle but as it stands he will prove to be a major player this season not for goal scoring but for goal creating and relieving pressure from our defence by holding up the ball.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Agree - he did very well today - just wished he could have capped it with a goal - hopefully one will come and who knows it could be the start of many. My concern is if one of our strikers picks up an injury - CT did though state on the Radio after the match - he is still looking for another striker - but finding it difficult.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Thought Cooke was excellent today, only thing missin that performance was a goal but its coming...

Held the ball up every time it came to him almost and brought others into the game when he layed it off

May 24, 2005
I agree about Cooke, one thing i never realised he was so good at is his turns on the ball.

I feel sorry for Cadders though, hes looked really good both games hes come on in, and linked up with Murihead excellently when he came on.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
BobMolenaarForever! said:
I agree about Cooke, one thing i never realised he was so good at is his turns on the ball.

I feel sorry for Cadders though, hes looked really good both games hes come on in, and linked up with Murihead excellently when he came on.
That can only be good for the team though.. Cadders just about aat 100% ... Options of good quality are what we need so if we swap and change or lose one striker we have a more than adequate replacement...

Great news....:D

gaza75

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
i don't know we should be happy Cookes playing well Windass is scoring for fun and finally Cadders is chomping at the bit we played well today very well.Yes i know we were up against 10 men but how many times have we seen teams go down to 10 and raise there game we ripped them apart
well done boys

May 24, 2005
tony d said:
That can only be good for the team though.. Cadders just about aat 100% ... Options of good quality are what we need so if we swap and change or lose one striker we have a more than adequate replacement...

100% agreed :D.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
tony d said:

Agreed..

May 18, 2005
Cheers fellas i was so worried that i was going to come home after my post match booze up to find Cookie slagged off so i salute you all. IMPO Cooke was second in line for man of the match after Muirhead who was fantastic today. Great game and a great result.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Bantam Of The Opera said:
Cheers fellas i was so worried that i was going to come home after my post match booze up to find Cookie slagged off so i salute you all. IMPO Cooke was second in line for man of the match after Muirhead who was fantastic today. Great game and a great result.
The few games i saw him in last term proved his worth to me...

Hes a worker a great hold up man and if lady luck shines a bit harder those nearlys will become certs....

The great thing is he is always in the right place... He will get the rub of the green... But hes also a great foil for Deano and thats worth its weight for the club....

:D

May 18, 2005
Spot on Tony mate, today i would say that Cooke was head and shoulders above Windass except for the goals. Must say that when windass does quit Cadders and Cooke could be a great partnership for us. Deano even stole a sure fire goal off of Cookies head.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Bantam Of The Opera said:
IMPO Cooke was second in line for man of the match after Muirhead who was fantastic today. Great game and a great result.
Same BOTO mate, he was class today...

just needs a goal to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.