Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Andy Cooke

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2005
I think its time the supporters get behind him, when he came on the pitch against Bournemouth the crowd hardly made a noise, if it was Deano coming on the roof would come off.

Its not all about goals, and Cookie has been one of our better players this season, but you can see his head drops at the lack of goals. Get on your feet and chant the lads name he always gives 100% so he deserves it.

Andy Cooke, Andy Cooke
Andy, Andy Cooke
He gets the ball, sets up a goal
Andy, Andy Cooke.

:cool:

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I've never once got on the back of Andy Cooke, I can see his team play is fantastic and OK he may not score goals but he doesn't half create a few.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Cooke is a great asset for the team and does far more than claridge and cadders does and his workrate is just astounding. he needs to get a goal from anywhere ,off his knee or something and then the goals will start coming and he'll be just as undropable as bower and weathers.

May 20, 2005
It's obvious to me what sort of player he is;

When Cooke plays with Windass we win, When a n other plays with Windass we don't.

Bring Back Cooke!

G

Same way its always worked. When we have some fairly big and strong to hold the ball up and lay it off to Windass we create the chances. When we dont Windass always ends up outmarked and in no mans land.

The Claridge and Windass partnership may well end up a failure just like the Windass and Cadders one if Claridge struggles to hold up the ball.

I think the only real reason Windass did so little in the Championship a couple of years back is because we had Michael sodding Branch up front with him.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
how about handy andy , handy andy cooke?
or is that just crap?. Ive a feeling it is cos i'm crap at chants

G

Apparently Methuselah gets to start tonight alongside Coco with Cooke on the bench.

Chesterfield are dog poo and if we don't beat them tonight I can see the knives being sharpened.:(

Aug 25, 2005
A posh town called Harrogate!!
I don't think anybody has got on Cooke's back have they?

Did anybody else feel that the whole ground wanted him to score against the Dons?After Muirhead he was the best player that game and I so wanted him to score!!

Anybody influential in the chant starting that could get it going?!

Please Toddy bring him back.

THE TEAM NEEDS HIM!!

HGTEB31!!

May 18, 2005
beerbantam said:
We are a better team with Cookey in it!!

Catchy chant, though i think he would prefur 'scores a goal'!:D
I know but i thought under the circumstances my version was a little more accurate.

Problem is we dont chant at all any more except the odd "DEANO" chant. Might have a few beers before the game and try to get the cooke song going alongside my MBW one.

(to the tune of brown girl in the ring by Boney M)

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson Tra la la la la
Marc Bridge-Wilkinson Tra la la la la la

etc....

Zonnebloem

C&B Member
May 25, 2005
Belgian Flanders
Kop Kred said:
Apparently Methuselah gets to start tonight alongside Coco with Cooke on the bench.

Chesterfield are dog poo and if we don't beat them tonight I can see the knives being sharpened.:(
Claridge certainly was a baffling signing.

I don't think Chesterfield are that bad and Paul Hall was excellent last season for Tranmere with 12 goals from midfield and 2 already this season for Chesterfield.

It looks like I'll miss the Internet commentary as there's a beer festival on the Grand' Place in Brussels tonight and over the weekend. Blue sky and Belgian beer could just tear me away from my PC in Vlaanderen for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.