Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Another game

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2005
Another T&A man of the match for Lee Crooks. He seems to be singled out for Praise quite a lot this season, given he's supposed to be shite and a donkey.

I'm sure the Crooks knockers will happily poo poo professional Sports Journalist and his opinions, but it seems to be confirmed by glowing reports from Tim and Sticks and Derm and Hendrie, Abbo etc in their commentaries game by game.

It looks like King Billy may have to go back to his, "Crooks is the best signing we have made in years" opinion of the first half of last season, before conforming to the incorrect "Top Table of Bantams Bar" summary of, "He's Shite"

Keep it Up Lee Lad, I shudder to think what the performances will be like if Kearney gets back into the side.

May 21, 2005
Wrose
my.ebay.co.uk
All that may be true David old boy,but the "Top Table" does contain the most knowledgable and well imformed of all City fans.....in short the "Lifeblooders".....does it not?

BTW its now known as the Court of King Billy.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
TBH Crooks played well last night - as he did at Tranmere - he's still well, well below the standard of a fully fit and in form MBW, Schuey or Kearney - he's a back up player who's playing out of his skin to keep his place - as soon as the others are back in form though he won't get a sniff!! Dave - stop being a childish antagonistic fekker - when you make your 1st appearance of the season (at our biggest home game of the season) i'll listen to what you have to say mate......

Holloway was absolutely abysmal last night - even David fookin Airey was slagging him off......:D

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
king billy said:
TBH Crooks played well last night - as he did at Tranmere - he's still well, well below the standard of a fully fit and in form MBW, Schuey or Kearney - he's a back up player who's playing out of his skin to keep his place - as soon as the others are back in form though he won't get a sniff!! Dave - stop being a childish antagonistic fekker - when you make your 1st appearance of the season (at our biggest home game of the season) i'll listen to what you have to say mate......

Holloway was absolutely abysmal last night - even David fookin Airey was slagging him off......:D

So Derm and John Hendie then just talk shite is your answer Wrosemary...

Dont believe Hendrie wtf would he know about football eh.. :eek:

May 24, 2005
I don't know why i bother going if thats the case Tony - i might aswell sit at home and listen to Sticks, Tim Thornton and the gang and read the T&A eh? In fact that probably explains our crap attendances - the match reports and opinions of the reporters are keeping the fans away.......blimey!!

I'd rather attend the game and have an opinion that might not be favourable to some - than sit at home and get my opinion third hand.....:rolleyes:

May 20, 2005
Ooops, Matt falls back on the, "You didn't go, so you know feck all" chestnut. I'd rather form my opinion from the reports of professional sports journalists, than some blokes in the pub.

Given that the Puppies Cup Final match is on the Telly, If I can't get a seat in the BB for the Ciba Pushovers I won't be attending that fixture either. At this moment in time, coughing up 60 quid a month to fund Jim Bowens latest scams and pay a prick like Jon Pollard to take piss out of young fans is well down my list of priorities. I cannot remember in 27 years of attending VP ever getting to October without seeing a game and I cannot believe how little I'm missing it. So you'll have to find another angle to beat Chuckle with there Matty.

Kearney is the overated one in this midfield equation Matty, Schuey isn't as good as some say either. That's why I can't go with this, one of the best squads in the division bowlox when trying to justify yet another top table pile of twaddle like Todd should go. Aside from BMW we haven't got a midfielder of any quality. At least Crooks is making the effort to try win a place on merit.

May 24, 2005
The bantams bar has sold out already David - so you best get a seat booked in the boozer!!

The thing is - you and Tone keep doing what your doing - and i'll do what i'm doing, we all seem happy enough....

The whiff of Chucklebantam hypocrisy is yet again stinking the messageboard out at the moment though - namely criticising someone who has similar opinions to someone else, whilst at the same time getting ALL of my own views and opinions from a newspaper.....

If i was a neutral looking in though i wonder who's opinions i'd value the most.....

A) someone who's attended 100% of the games in person...
or
B) someone who hasn't been once to see the team he has such gobshite opinions on...

Mmmmm :rolleyes:

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
king billy said:
I don't know why i bother going if thats the case Tony - i might aswell sit at home and listen to Sticks, Tim Thornton and the gang and read the T&A eh? In fact that probably explains our crap attendances - the match reports and opinions of the reporters are keeping the fans away.......blimey!!

I'd rather attend the game and have an opinion that might not be favourable to some - than sit at home and get my opinion third hand.....:rolleyes:
Wrosemary youre so fookin predictable its unreal m8...:(

If Crooks scored a hatrick in the next three games, deputised for Howarth and saved two penalties etc etc You would still slate him for being helpless as some deflected goal went in...

You are to football opinion what the monster Raving Looney Party is to Politcs.. Ie a laughing stock...;)

Bring it on Lardy...;)

May 20, 2005
Gobshite opinions are;

Todd Out

Kearney is better than Crooks

and the funniest of the lot;

We should replace an England manager with a fantastic results record for Alan Curbishley or Sam Allardyce nine months before the actual tournement begins.

FPMSAROTFLMFAO!! :D

Who said last season, "Crooks is the best signing we have made in years. He reminds me of Whackitt from Mike Basset England Manager"

A; Colin Todd
B; Ed
C; King Billy.

Answers on a post card.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
king billy said:
If i was a neutral looking in though i wonder who's opinions i'd value the most.....

A) someone who's attended 100% of the games in person...:
Who has biased view...

king billy said:
B) someone who hasn't been once to see the team he has such gobshite opinions on...
This season only Wrosemary...

Plus, its not hard to understand who is talking bollux on here..

I read the guys posts who are not the gobshites on here... These seem to go to the same games as you Wrosemary but come up with a different outlook... How does that happen???...

These people have dare i say even been to more games than you ever have (although unlike you wouldnt use that against someone to badly try to make a point:D )

If a blind deaf mute handicapped guy went to 100% of the games would you believe him when he wrote Crooks was a Donkey... No you wouldnt so why would you expect me to take notice of yours:p

May 24, 2005
The thing is Tone at least Chuckle can talk to other City fans in his everyday life about the team - you rely on this messageboard, a messageboard which folk like myself use to let off steam, a messageboard which is used to let out frustration at having spent cold hard cash on watching something which you find unnaceptable......if i was in your position i'd do exactly what you do - ie, pretend i'm a big expert and try my best to pick holes in what others type on here!! But i aint you, the opinions in general of folk on here aren't important to me neither really is the MB as a source of info because at the end of the day i can have a pint, a laugh and share opinion in "real life" about the club.....so carry on with yer "cyber opinion" and i'll stick to real life mate....

BTW mate - the comment about me being so predictable was unintentionally one of the funniest things you've ever posted........"predicatable"....lol.....coming from you.....lol....

May 20, 2005
king billy said:
The thing is Tone at least Chuckle can talk to other City fans in his everyday life about the team - you rely on this messageboard, a messageboard which folk like myself use to let off steam, a messageboard which is used to let out frustration at having spent cold hard cash on watching something which you find unnaceptable
Well take a leaf out of my book and spend it on something acceptable instead, that you get value for money out of!

May 24, 2005
I'm not making out i'm a "uber fan" as Chuckle will no doubt claim BTW - i've missed seasons myself - namely when i was in the RAF - i missed the best part of 2 years!! BUT i wasn't gobbing off whilst i wasn't attending.....

When you and Dave attend regularly and form YOUR OWN opinions (whether i agree or not) i'll respect you both and listen with interest - until then i'll shrug you both off like most people on here do.....;)

I'll leave you to quote bits and pieces of what i've posted all evening Tone....good luck mate, don't get too frustrated when i don't respond - i'm leaving work in a mo and don't have a PC at home at the mo.....so i'll catch you later mate!!.....:D

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
king billy said:
The thing is Tone at least Chuckle can talk to other City fans in his everyday life about the team - you rely on this messageboard, ..
Come come Wrosemary... Now that little piece of drivel is very funny for many reasons mainly that its dogshit and you know it....

I keep forgetting that i actually am part of a Purely Yorkshire firm of about 650 in our Unit and 2000+ within the Garrison.. Out of that i would say about 150- 200 are City fans ...

To that end in my every day arena i mix with folk from Bradford... Ahhh yes sorry I work in Germany so that means everyone over here is German...

On top of that we too have these wierd German only things called PUBS... Now in these places we watch and talk about football. Some of the people actually tell tales about their far flung journeys to a place called Valley Parade and what goes on there..Some including myself have ventured further to stranger places to see this fableistic team they love.

Unbelieveable stories of good times and bad...

But you live in England and wouldnt understand such things... I myself have passed on some tales, when, on coming to England and watching this mythical team i saw scenes of great endevour..

Get real ... Wrosemary you are clutching at very small straws as usual..

You talk shite and you know it... Im a Rangers fan when they are winning but when they lose i dont really suport them in that sence... You change your point of view more times than the drum spins during the spinning cycle of a washing machine fella..

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
ChuckleBantam said:
Ooops, Matt falls back on the, "You didn't go, so you know feck all" chestnut. I'd rather form my opinion from the reports of professional sports journalists, than some blokes in the pub.

Given that the Puppies Cup Final match is on the Telly, If I can't get a seat in the BB for the Ciba Pushovers I won't be attending that fixture either. At this moment in time, coughing up 60 quid a month to fund Jim Bowens latest scams and pay a prick like Jon Pollard to take piss out of young fans is well down my list of priorities. I cannot remember in 27 years of attending VP ever getting to October without seeing a game and I cannot believe how little I'm missing it. So you'll have to find another angle to beat Chuckle with there Matty.

Kearney is the overated one in this midfield equation Matty, Schuey isn't as good as some say either. That's why I can't go with this, one of the best squads in the division bowlox when trying to justify yet another top table pile of twaddle like Todd should go. Aside from BMW we haven't got a midfielder of any quality. At least Crooks is making the effort to try win a place on merit.

Ciba Pushovers!!!!

you have got to be kidding. The club will take all the money the udders can bring in order to keep this club going, and not even blink an eye doing it. It has given over the whole ground to Midland Road season ticket holders to be given priority in order to ease their inconvenience. Now do you think that I am going to lose sleep over those that didn't choose to buy a season ticket for whatever reason...........I don't think so somehow;) Hard Luck, if you are a city fan and can attend, suggest you buy a ticket as normal and sit elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.