Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone catch Todd's interview after the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Just wonder what he said, Sounded like Tim was going to lay it on thick and rub his nose in it......

G
Yeh he was saying how there was no passion and commitment going forward. Surley that's his job to get the players ready for the game!?
He said he brought Cooke off because he though Claridge would be able to get us a goal and wanted the pace of Cadders up front!

TODD OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
i head the last half int car on the way back...was appauled at what he was spouting out of his mouth!

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Tim asked him about the chance of bring back Forrest as a right winger and Todd nearly blew a fuse "he's a striker, are you saying he was right midfield when he was here"

He was also asked why no Petta or Morrison on the bench "both injured er well Petta's fitness level is not right" great your the manager what do you do Todd, not Tim or Sticks you you big pudding YOU you lump of lard, two left backs and a striker who will score if given a chance but not from a scared shit left back stuck on as a winger.

"you don't know what your doing" was spot on chant

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
the days of last season and the 5-4 away win at Tranmere seem an age away , and we have a supposedly stronger squad now .
We're on the road to nowhere !

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Dr Wisey said:
the days of last season and the 5-4 away win at Tranmere seem an age away , and we have a supposedly stronger squad now .
We're on the road to nowhere !
perhaps we should ask them ib charge of the music to play that "We're on the road to nowhere" after each defeat!

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
It was dreadful today; hard to say whether it was our worst home performance, because I have seen some crap for the last few seasons, but it certianly up there with them.

No shape, second to ball nearly on every occasion, not enough committment to get forward, players body language said it all really. They looked lacking in confidence and desire.

You are 0-1 down at home, you take off a striker and replace him with an even older striker, you take off a natural right sided midfield player and put on a natural left back in his place......................am I missing something here?????????????????????????????????????????

What the hell was wrong with going for broke?

You go three at the back and put on Claridge on and push up!!!!!!!!!

It was abysmal today, really abysmal.......if you want to know why fans are not turning up Todd, get the video out on Monday, take it to the Chairman's office and play it, just in case you need reminder of how bad we really are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst having a drink today, I was reminiscing about the pre-Richmond era, when you turned up and expected the team to win, or at least put in a 100% performance, and you got one or the other, and more likely both....it was fun, satisfying, and gave you a really good feeling all week-end.... now we having nothing but gloom to anticipate every single time we play at home.

I am really depressed; I want him to pick his cards up and bugger off, yes I know there isn't managers sitting waiting in a queue to manager our club, but you have to have somebody who can motivate players and get them playing to their best ability. That is what is required at the moment. I don't want to listen to his excuses anymore, he is empty out of idea's (that is if he had any in the first place which I doubt) it isn't the fans that are the problem Todd, it is you and your tactics and lack of moral fibre to take responsbility for the team.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Pre Richmond.... Fun, entertaining, 100% each week...

Ive seen some severe shite during those times to BG... Lets not gloss over some of the worst times in Citys history football wise by using the "it was better in my day and we used to leave our doors open stuff"

There was some very dark days pre Richmond... As for the match today i totaly agree with the 3 up routine in fact i think 3-4-3 with or squad should be THE starting formation.......

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
The like for like swap of Claridge for Cooke was a joke, in fact I thought he was taking Taylor off as I must of misread the board and thought we would see us go for it, but reality set it when Cooke started to march over to the touchline, there was a massive and I mean massive boo, aimed at Todd, Cooke then recieved a standing ovation to rub it in further then chants of you don't know what your doing came from the Kop and then from the midland road stand.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
I can only tell you my feelings about the pre-Richmond era, yes of course we had bad performances; but in general the team was proud to wear the shirt, and put in 100%.

You sit and talk to fans in the pub on the way to ground, and there is nothing but gloom about the prospects of a city win at home...........and I personally cannot remember a time when it was as bad as it is at the moment, apart from our Admin trauma's.

Even if were on a bad run, you always felt like the tide would turn, because the players would work their socks off.........and you can ask for nothing more, that isn't the case at the moment; there was a feeling of camaraderie with the players, a real sense of we are all in it together; for whatever the reason that seems to have disappeared; hopefully it will return.....

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Question for you BG...

When was the last time we had a good HOME form...???????

Then prior to promotion to Div one when was it again??????

See when push comes to shove we have to ggo back some to see good consisstent home form... Then further back...

We are a poor team historically with blips of success along the way....

How in hindsight i wish Wethers had missed that header and Wimbledon had beat the Saints.... We would be a far better team now....

I wonder what would have happened....????????

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
I know what you are getting at.....

In many ways it would have been better if we hadn't been promoted to the Prem, and solidified ourselves in div 1; but that is with hindsight at the time, we just enjoyed the ride, but it has spoiled us in many ways.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
All I and every fan who goes to watch city wants is to see the team give 100%, sadly no one conected with the club can say they did so today.

May 22, 2005
If we had more players with Andy Cookes commitment,then we would not be heading for mid-table mediocrity.I listened to Todd give his pathetic aftermatch interview on the radio and coupled with his mid week blast at stay away fans i think he should take a long hard look at his playing staff and their dour attitude.
Football players should not have to be motivated,they are doing a job they love. They get paid good money to provide entertainment to those who seek a release from going to work in a mundane job with a salary nowhere near what they earn in a year.
My advice to the board would be get your matchday priceing policy right and stop ripping the working man off. As for Colin Todd stop makeing lame excuses after every home game it's beginning to wear thin in and around the stands at Valley Parade or suffer the consequences falling gates,and the inevitable extinction.Harsh words but it's a stark reality and will happen if action is not taken now.

Status
Not open for further replies.