Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are we chasing the wrong players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I've just been looking at what other clubs are doing in the transfer market and we are one of very few clubs I think only Rotherham & MK Dons are the other two not to of signed anyone as yet.

Are we trying to attract the wrong players with the wrong salaries?

G

I dont think were missing out on any signings that will make us better though. But i do feel that for some reason we are not getting our targets. I dont think that we should drop the standard of player we are trying to attract though. Theres still plenty of time...although time is an issue now because of the new window & STUFF!!!!

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
It could just be that we're waiting for the players we are after to return from their holidays, or untill their contracts with clubs their with have expired before we announce any new signings.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I think the club are being trying to save them selves some money on wages, why pay them now when they are on holiday?

May 22, 2005
At the moment all we can do is wait and speculate who will be joining the Bantams, but i am sure Colin and his staff will come up trumps with any new signings.
The club as after all had some close calls financially over the last few years and have learn't the hard way how to be thrifty in the transfer market.
Quality costs money but because so many clubs are experienceing financial difficulties players are being released by their respective clubs in record numbers which means the market is saturated with footballers looking to keep their livelihoods going.
There is no doubt we need to strengthen our squad,but we also need to make sure any money spent on wages is spent wisely.
The club seem to be takeing a firm stance in player negotiations,and i for one applaud them.
Good Luck to Colin and Bobby in their search for natural ability.

DBantam

C&B Member
Feb 18, 2008
I might be wrong but thought it was normally June 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.