Atmosphere

Discussion in 'City Talk' started by Bradfordian, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Bradfordian

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 91 / -67
    Favourite Player:
    James Hanson
    First Game:
    Keep seeing similiar posts not only on here but on twitter aswell and i couldnt agree more. The atmosphere on match days home and away is getting worse, with those actually making an effort to create atmosphere looked at like they are scum and classed as 'pi***d idiots' or 'been on the colombian marching powder' etc.

I understand that there are more families attending especially with our fantastic ticket structure, but it just seems to of dropped off completley. Even last season we were louder and sang much more. Its just a shame and it adds so much to the match day experience and gives the lads a boost more than we know.

All we seem to cycle at the minute it seems are; Take me home, I am a city fan, everywhere we go (which seems to of died a death really, which im pleased about as it grates cos we sing it too often) and just cant get enough. Theres the odd marshall, Cullen and Darby chants, but its repetitive.

Unfortunatley wont be travelling to shrewsbury, but the next home game against the 'orrible lot from down south which is always a tasty affair. And we should make a concerted effort to sing our hearts out and create an electric atmosphere with the 16k plus we average every week.

I think we need to freshen it up a bit with the chants aswell, seems apart from the cullen chant we have nowt new of recent. Any suggestions would be good.

Can already read the negative comments following this post, but its a positive post to try and improve the match day atmosphere at a great time for this club. We are in the best position both financially and on the pitch we have been in well over a decade and we should be reflecting that in the stands on matchday.

Hope we can make this happen against millwall and hopefully word of mouth, the k block lads and social media can help promote it and create the match day experience we all love.

Ps. Exciting transfer window, with the signing of jones and some more good news coming this week, such a good time to be a city fan. Stay with the lads!!

• Agree x 9
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Face Palm x 1
  2. SimplyMorris

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Favourite Player:
    Josh Morris
    First Game:
    Agreed so much, i sit in the upper kop and i've also noticed many if the familes frowning upton the drum and calling him a '****' if he beats it to try create an atmosphere, I agree also that it seems to be dropping off more and its a shame really because when its at full pelt and the whole ground is going its a class atmosphere and intimidating for the opposition. Partly think the second half vs Chesterfield didn't help as it was boring and the game was basically wrapped up already.

3. Clayton

Ratings:
    +14,454 / 270 / -657
    Favourite Player:
    McCall
    First Game:
    The football is too 'nice' for atmosphere. Need a physical battle, a bit of controversy and an underdog mentality to get an atmosphere going.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Balanced Bantam

Balanced Bantam I will always be City, at least til the World Ends
    C&B Full Member

Own a Transport Company
    Ratings:
    +370 / 34 / -70
    Favourite Player:
    Stuart M
    First Game:
    Ssssshhhhhhh

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. BD13_Bantam

C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 106 / -143
    Favourite Player:
    Wayne Jacobs
    First Game:
    1994 - Bradford City 2 - Leyton Orient 0
    Northampton was possibly the worst away game (atmosphere wise) I've experienced in a long long time following City.
    We bang on about taking 1,000+ to away games but what's the point of it if we aren't going to make it count in the stands getting behind the Team?
    I remember the days when we used to take 500 and the atmosphere was non-stop, what's changed other than greater numbers? Surely, greater numbers "should" mean better atmosphere's?!

Same for Saturday too, it was a strange atmosphere!
    Yes, I agree that the opposition didn't help matters but we are at home, in the play off places, everything at the moment is rosy best we've had it in years and at times it was like the dark old days of League2 all over again.

6. City loyal

C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +3,466 / 112 / -205
    Favourite Player:
    Reece Burke
    First Game:
    It's pretty simple we need new songs, people are bored of reciting the same old rubbish.

When I was one of the 'singers' in the kop in the 80's there used to be 3/4 lads who used to think up the songs and drill em in to us. I thought that this was the kind of topic the supporters group would have picked up but alas that's gone by the wayside.

Daft as it seems I reckon the owners and Mason would welcome a supporters group to look so this , it's kinda their style.

We're still pretty vocal away

7. PGB

PGB
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +6,870 / 328 / -645
    Favourite Player:
    Stuart mccall
    First Game:
    mansfield 82
    The away games used to be lads going away getting ratarsed and having fun. Now it's full of geriatrics and families from the main stand who clap on their knees.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. half man half biscuit

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +759 / 43 / -108
    At last, a joy division thread

• Funny Funny x 8
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Rosemary Howard

C&B Full Member

Party Organiser
    Ratings:
    +6,221 / 435 / -1,124
    Favourite Player:
    James hanson
    First Game:
    Liverpool
    The songs are rubbish and not catchy at all, Sheff Wed are probably top in my opinion for quality songs, Also standing needs to be brought back, All in all the good old days have long gone unfortunately. Too many pointys now aswell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Edin the clouds

C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +1,940 / 175 / -194
    Favourite Player:
    Ron Futcher
    First Game:
    Hull 83/84
    Most of the songs are now cheesy well worn chants. Cringeworthy at times

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. City loyal

C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +3,466 / 112 / -205
    Favourite Player:
    Reece Burke
    First Game:
    I shudder when we sing... can't hear the xxxxx sing

I've no problem with

Take me home
    Cullen's song
    I owe CITY , CITY i owe
    I am a city fan
    Nicky laws got no hair ( however we don't sing it often )
    Nah nah nah na na naaaah na na na naaah city

12. WilsdenBantam

WilsdenBantam #RahicUnited
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +2,027 / 39 / -31
    Favourite Player:
    Lee Mills, McCall.
    First Game:
    Blackpool (H) 96
    The atmosphere is bad this season, but it's going that way all across the country. Most games I watch on TV now seem poor atmospheres. Even Plymouth who took over 8000 weren't the best.

With regards to our away support, many clubs fans still stand away ours always sit down at kick off. Look at when Sheffield United came all stood up and created some great noise. Our songs are bad as well I have to say, usually the upper Kop start the songs and they resonate around but they even seem quite this season.

Agree with the OP but in general I just think it's modern football, doesn't help with half the fans at grounds across the country are sat staring at their phone for the full game and talking about Man U equalising on their accas.

13. Bradfordian

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 91 / -67
    Favourite Player:
    James Hanson
    First Game:
    I agree there needs to be some new songs, shame we dont have a will grigg. Have to say that chant was class in the euros!

14. Bradfordian81

C&B Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 13 / -61
    Favourite Player:
    Mccall
    First Game:
    The great days of i was born under the bradford end , welcome to the valley , were all mad round the bend , yr gonna get yer f*in head kicked in are a thing of the past and it will only get worse with the generic family songs , every club will be like Crystal Palace soon

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nick_W_

C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +4,235 / 201 / -264
    Favourite Player:
    Stuart McCall
    First Game:
    City v Torquay 1976 City 3 Torquay 1
    Agree, the Plymouth fans were singing about Anfield being a library. It's not exclusive to city.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. WilsdenBantam

WilsdenBantam #RahicUnited
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +2,027 / 39 / -31
    Favourite Player:
    Lee Mills, McCall.
    First Game:
    Blackpool (H) 96
    I used to like City till I die and City we love you. But they've gone out of fashion in recent years, also hate clapping to songs instead of just singing them.

17. Bantam147

Bantam147 Usual Biscuits
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +11,968 / 293 / -586
    Favourite Player:
    Peter Beagrie
    First Game:
    And a bit more of a goal threat....

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Bantam147

Bantam147 Usual Biscuits
    C&B Full Member

Ratings:
    +11,968 / 293 / -586
    Favourite Player:
    Peter Beagrie
    First Game:
    I think the pre match music and goal music does a lot to kill the atmosphere tbh

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Clayton

Ratings:
    +14,454 / 270 / -657
    Favourite Player:
    McCall
    First Game:
    Maybe. We never really had much goal threat under Parky but the atmosphere was miles better than this season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Bobby Bacon

Bobby Bacon We're not on our way
    C&B Full Member

Sciolist
    Ratings:
    +6,511 / 319 / -293
    Favourite Player:
    Stuart McCall
    First Game:
    Bristol Rovers 1983