Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Atmosphere

Clayton

Jan 8, 2010
All this talk of standing is fine even though it won't happen. It doesn't quite answer why it was better over the previous four years when all the people in the same demographics sat in exactly the same stands.

Iceman

C&B Member
Jun 26, 2013
Interesting topic this. Atmosphere at away games in the 12/13 season was immense but this season it's nothing like that. I think the fact we had a great run to get in the PO's that season made the atmosphere even better, can remember Chesterfield away I think it was and there was a constant chant (Bradford Barmy Army) I think and it went on for a good 40 minutes!

A good point was raised earlier in this thread as well, playing style can really determine the atmosphere and although I much prefer our current playing style compared to the old regime it isn't as combative and physical which can really get the crowd going.

I feel if we have something to play for then the Run in of away games towards the end of the season then the atmosphere will be much better.

Bantam75

C&B Member
Oct 25, 2014
All this talk of standing is fine even though it won't happen. It doesn't quite answer why it was better over the previous four years when all the people in the same demographics sat in exactly the same stands.
Possibly because the standard of football was poor over the last few years and the supporters would feel more encouraged to push on the players to help improve the teams performance

Clayton

Jan 8, 2010
Possibly because the standard of football was poor over the last few years and the supporters would feel more encouraged to push on the players to help improve the teams performance
Possibly.

The atmosphere against Bury must have been crackling then?

Plastic Bantam

S*it happens when you party naked
C&B Member
May 17, 2013
The sooner a standing section is introduced the better for English football. Take a couple of blocks (the kop seems the obvious place) and make them safe standing. Surely with German owners this would be a logical thing to introduce!
North West corner seems like the best and easiest place to do it imo

BCAFC ISWT

C&B Full Member
Aug 30, 2016
Bradford
The lack of atmosphere is down to numerous factors ... Old songs that are way past there best ... Style of play is fairly slow this year which can lead to a dull atmosphere. There only seems to be noise pre-match and at corners which isn't like Valley Parade at all.

The top of the North West Corner would definitely be the best place for the 'singing section' the acoustics would make it the loudest part of the ground ... the only problem with that is it brings a lot of the idiots into that section which apart from the odd smoker seems to have a decent bunch at the moment.

Last edited: