Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Barnsley back in for Windass for the umpteenth time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
We're in a no win situation with Windass. Barnsley know that. We sell him, we sour a long relationship with Deano. We also lose a top striker and if Cadders, Cooke, Symes and Brown don't score heavily then the sale will be called into question.

If we don't sell Windass we lose too. If he doesn't bag another 10 goals this season then "we should have taken the money when we could", or if he bangs in 10-15 more goals and we miss the playoffs it will be "he's too old and getting in the way of the youngsters, shoulda taken the cash".

The only way we can win is if he fires us all the way to the play offs.

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
Now what would I do?

If Barnsley offer us 200k then I'd be inclined to take the money. However good and loyal Deano has been you have to look at common sense. We have Symes, Cadders, Cooke, Brown, Sanasy and Forrest. I'm sure they can start knocking in the goals if given our support.

If it's anything less than 200k they offer us then sod em. Keep the old man for ourselves.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
Having seen the other players I;d say only Claridge looks as though he could match Windass for goals , the rest would not get 20 between them in a season .
Sell Windass and the seasons over , the new contract he signed was a waste of time , who do you replace him with , the questions would go on and on.
May Windass stay with us until the end of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.