Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Barnsley game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
At least the difference is only by 1 hour but I think it is sad we have to move a game due to a meaningless friendly international. If the game still had a 3pm kick-off I'd of stayed back and watched the England game in the bantams bar but will probably go else where if I watch it at all.

ChuckleBantam said:
On the run up to the World Cup, there is no such thing as a meaningless friendly.
Is this the same Chuckle who said freindlies were "meaningless games" when he was defending Sven earlier this season???;)

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
The way Sven has been using friendlies I'd say they are nothing more than meaningless, but if Sven uses them to try out new players, tactics, etc then you won't hear a bad word from me even if we lose 10-0. Get things right before the world cup and try out whatever he wants, the results mean nothing, just don't keep things the same then change to untried tactics and players in the world cup.

I'd like to see the fringe players used alot more in the run up to the world cup like Kirkland, Richardson, King, Carrick, etc so if we suffer injuries we can call up replacements with some experience rather than throwing them in at the deep end.

May 20, 2005
Parrot said:
Is this the same Chuckle who said freindlies were "meaningless games" when he was defending Sven earlier this season???;)
It's when I use the words "on the run up to the World Cup" that should give away the point I'm trying to make.

At no point did I use the words, "ridiculous friendly four days after the Premier League kicked off when the players were desperate to avoid injury", which is what the Denmark game was.

You haven't sent your CV to NASA regarding the Rocket Scientist position yet have you??

ChuckleBantam said:
You haven't sent your CV to NASA regarding the Rocket Scientist position yet have you??
I did a few years back but some fecker in a wheelchair called Hawkings or sommat beat me to it!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.