Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Beckett & Ugarte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both can be crossed off our wish list, doubt if they ever were on CTs!

The Blades have turned down an offer of 150k from Oldham for Beckett, which put's him approximately 150k out of our price range! lol

Ugarte has turned down the chance to join Barnsley claiming he is in talks with a number of Championship teams! Another one bites the dust!

G
There are plenty more strikers out there and if it comes to it there are always loans. The likes of Ugarte, Beckett and Parkin will be taken by lower Championship clubs, the strikers we should really be worrying about next season are the ones that are coming down with the clubs relegated from the Championship.

I think in this case Todd has got it right, he is trying to sign proven Championship strikers. We just have to be patient. Although many of Todds short term signings have been poor at least this time he is aiming to sign only proven players for the essential must improve areas.

He may not be the best at signing players out there, but atleast he does not shift blame and he is a bloody good organiser of teams, every player knows what they are doing at any given time.

If we get in the right players, Todd will get it right.

I wonder if were still after a "Striker" or was Cadders the forward CT was after?

Maybe CT sees Cadders playing more on the wing than upfront this season?

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Sheff Utd will price Beckett out of the market this summer, and next summer he'll go free because nobody wants to pay cash these days.

Symes said:
Sheff Utd will price Beckett out of the market this summer, and next summer he'll go free because nobody wants to pay cash these days.
That doesn't make sense Ed!

Why would they price him out of the market & risk losing him for fcuk all next season?

I think he will be used as a makeweight in yet another Warnock striker transfer!

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
This is Warnock who said Cadders was the man to get them up, £50k to leeds and we get him for free.

G
beerbantam said:
In todays Bradistan times CT is said to have stepped up his hunt for a left midfielder having said that it is pointless having Cadders and playing him anywhere other than upfront!!!

Every time i read that paper we've 'stepped up' our hunt for somebody!!

May 18, 2005
I would still like Todd to sign a Striker as much as I rate Cooke and Cadamarteri I don’t think either of them are "goal scorers" I think Cooke will get into double figures but doubt Cadds will get more the 5-6 (hope im wrong). When we signed Cadds I thought give him a free roll where he can dominate the pitch, I just don’t see him as a striker. Hopefully windass will get 30 goals again which will mean Cookes 10, Cadds 5 and MBW 10, schueys 5-6 will be enough!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.