Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best FA cup final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Talksport a survey asking for fans to vote for their favourite final.

Last I heard the 1987/88 final was winning & rightly so IMO.

Coventry 3 Tottenham 2 (Keith Houchen diving header final!)

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Liverpool 3 - Everton 2

McCall came off the bench to score twice for everton only for Rush to come of the bench and score 2 for liverpool.

In recent history the Liverpool turn round where Owen scored twice to beat Arsenal 2 - 1.

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
1972-1973 Sunderland won and for some reason I cannot remember why I was so happy that day, it was as if we had won it. Cannot remember the losers tho', who were they?

All I can remember about that game is the near miss for L**ds, when the ball hit the woodwork & rebounded.

The late Billy Bremner was lying on the floor & stuck his leg out hoping to knock the ball into the goal, but fortunately for non L**ds fans , he missed it!

Pmsl

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
I know its bad and as a Catholic I should not have such thoughts ( ok Father I'll take three Hail Mary's if that okay) but I loved it, I really loved it and my mum said its not City why are you so excited. Mums !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
Man City against (I think) Birmingham, Man City goalie Bert Troutman broke his neck in the first few minutes and played on right through the game – Nobody took prisoners in those days, there was some tough guys about

Status
Not open for further replies.