Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BfB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee

Michael Flynn's Lovechild
C&B Member
Jul 5, 2005
I've just read it and, according to the front page, it may be getting removed due to mass complaints from Southend fans. Although I haven't always agreed with it, it's probably the best City fansite on the web, and in it's defence it does offer a place for all points of view on the spectrum of an issue. It usually talks a lot of sense too. What happened to freedom of speech?

B_i_N

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Oslo
I think the fact that some Southend fans are reacting is good. But there is over reaction. If BFB is removed, the article will just generate more interest and create more publicity for BFB and the Rickets' case. So they are shooting themselves in the foot there.

Well Im afraid that it seems as much as i like Don Ricketts, he's made a reet prick of himself by gesturing back to the crowd, played the "race card" to try & get out of it & now it seems to have back fired!
As a professional he shouldn't react to ANY verbal abuse from the terraces, physical of course, everyone as a right to defend themself when physicaly attacked.
I was at the Tranmere away game earlier this season & their keeper, Achterberg was been crucified by the City fans because of his LARGE ears, but he didn't turn round once to retaliate, that proffesionalism earned him my respect that night, sommat the Don should learn if he wants to go any further in League football!

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
You'd be suprised how easily those Southend fans could get BfB pulled. It's a shame really but they could have the site pulled very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.