Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Big Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChuckleBantam said:
To Gladys the Tea Lady for picking and coaching the team tonight! Cheers Gladys!
Well she could have done a better job, sounded like we rode our luck but I'll wait to see what those who actually attended the game say before opening my big mouth eh?:rolleyes:

May 20, 2005
Parrot said:
Well she could have done a better job, sounded like we rode our luck but I'll wait to see what those who actually attended the game say before opening my big mouth eh?:rolleyes:

Wether we rode our luck or played em off the park is irrelevant, all that can be seen as concrete is that we are now another three points away from the relegation spot that this squad and our circumstances dictate we should finish in.

May 20, 2005
Alrite Mr Smarty Pants. You mock with ease.So giive me an argument that says we are good enough to be genuine promotion contenders in League One and why we are underachieving in the position we are. I'll even let you do it stellaless tomorrow if you like.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Come the end of the season the only stat that will be noticed about tonights game will be Bristol 0 - Bradford 1 and 3 points for Bradford. Not how many corners we won, how many shots we saved, how many tackles were made, etc, etc.

You don't get any more points for playing a team off the park or any less for nicking it at the death.

If we are sat in a play-off place come may it will be because we won games regardless of how we played.

G

White wine and Strong Cider tonight big boy.

But to make you happy...

"the relegation spot that this squad and our circumstances dictate we should finish in."

Circumstances? What circumstances? No worse off than last year, or the year before, ad nauseum.

This squad? If I recall at the beginning of the season you said we would finish in, and you would be happy with it if we did, a similar league position.

Now you're banging on about relegation? Once again you don't disappoint with the nonsense.

I (as others do) disagree, I think we have a 1st 13 or so capable of pushing for a play-off place.

See the other thread for the teams that have produced the best 4 performances of the last 2 seasons.

Admittedly injuries, suspensions, loss of form take there toll.

But the nucleus of those teams is the same.

I for one have never called for the managers head, in fact I find it totally counter-productive.

But I will criticise the management of this club if I feel fit, I will criticise performances I can ill afford to witness.

ChuckleBantam said:
Alrite Mr Smarty Pants. You mock with ease.So giive me an argument that says we are good enough to be genuine promotion contenders in League One and why we are underachieving in the position we are. I'll even let you do it stellaless tomorrow if you like.
How about Brentford, Colchester, Chesterfield, Bournemouth for a start, all teams with lower gates than us, in or near Admin., & all have lower wage budgets than us but are currently higher than us in the league.:mad:

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
I wrote about the need for an immediate improvement starting with the Barnsley game - seems we have had that and tonight , well 3 points anyway they get them away from home is welcome .
What matters now is sorting the home form out as that will be the key to where we finish this season .

May 20, 2005
Parrot said:
How about Brentford, Colchester, Chesterfield, Bournemouth for a start, all teams with lower gates than us, in or near Admin., & all have lower wage budgets than us but are currently higher than us in the league.:mad:
But that's just speculation. unless you of course are a freelance accountant and see their books regularly. I'll bet me bottom dollar that there aint that many if any clubs in the bottom two divisions with a lower wage budget than us. When Yeovil Played Liverpool in the Cup a year or two back there was aplayer on Yeovils bench on 3K a week. I'd be surprised out of Wethers who deferred his wages over a longer period if our highest payed player was on much more than half of that now.

komakino said:
White wine and Strong Cider tonight big boy.

But to make you happy...

"the relegation spot that this squad and our circumstances dictate we should finish in."

Circumstances? What circumstances? No worse off than last year, or the year before, ad nauseum.

This squad? If I recall at the beginning of the season you said we would finish in, and you would be happy with it if we did, a similar league position.

Now you're banging on about relegation? Once again you don't disappoint with the nonsense.

I (as others do) disagree, I think we have a 1st 13 or so capable of pushing for a play-off place.

See the other thread for the teams that have produced the best 4 performances of the last 2 seasons.

Admittedly injuries, suspensions, loss of form take there toll.

But the nucleus of those teams is the same.

I for one have never called for the managers head, in fact I find it totally counter-productive.

But I will criticise the management of this club if I feel fit, I will criticise performances I can ill afford to witness.
I said I'd be happy with a mid table finish. I still would be. Removing Todd will make that less likely. The dull uninspiring performances are what is keeping us there. That's why I am talking relegation, cos I think that without the manager we have, we'd be looking at relegation, because we DON'T have a squad or a "first 13" owt like capable enough of finishing higher without somebody who knows how to play to their strengths etc

You say that we are no worse off than the year before, were not and it was only Todds brand of management that kept this squad up and around the top six then too.

I don't think Todd will get us up ever. I admit that. But more importantly, I don't think he'll take us down either. And whilst things are so bad with how the business is run, the poor squad we have, then we must hang onto Todd because until circumstances improve, safety is ALL we can ask for.

G
This thread stinks of contradiction and hypocrisy.

You'll flame to the proverbial, anyone who comes on here after a loss with a 'Todd Out' thread, yet you do something very similar after a win. (A win in which we played very poorly, May I add)

Status
Not open for further replies.