Former Player Billy Knott

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

P Neshead

Sugar tits
C&B Member
Dec 26, 2013
I'm sure I had a burns unit bet with someone on here about the level Billy would be playing in a couple of years.

Looks like he won't be non league anyway so if anyone fancies being honest feel free to make the donation!
Bang on Monkey, he's a decent bloke. Just doesn't seem to have what it takes to make it in the professional ranks. Keeps getting shifted from club to club, each clubs fans saying " there's a good player in there somewhere". Which eventually means they ain't good enough.

simba

C&B Member
Dec 8, 2007
X
I'm sure I had a burns unit bet with someone on here about the level Billy would be playing in a couple of years.

Looks like he won't be non league anyway so if anyone fancies being honest feel free to make the donation!
That was me - I've got the thread bookmarked on my laptop at home so I'll check it at some point this weekend- think it was about what level he'd be playing at at the start of next season (when his contract with Lincoln ran out).

He might be a decent bloke but that's now us, Gillingham and Lincoln where he's failed to cut it - hard to see what will suddenly change.

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
That was me - I've got the thread bookmarked on my laptop at home so I'll check it at some point this weekend- think it was about what level he'd be playing at at the start of next season (when his contract with Lincoln ran out).

He might be a decent bloke but that's now us, Gillingham and Lincoln where he's failed to cut it - hard to see what will suddenly change.
Cheers Simba.

Bring the post back up then if you can and if I end up owing anything I'll post the receipt up on the same thread

As an aside though, it seems strange he's jumped up a division if he's surplus to requirements at Lincoln.

simba

C&B Member
Dec 8, 2007
X
Cheers Simba.

Bring the post back up then if you can and if I end up owing anything I'll post the receipt up on the same thread

As an aside though, it seems strange he's jumped up a division if he's surplus to requirements at Lincoln.
Here we go..

https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/billy-knott.51772/page-2#post-1155341

So, if at the start of next season he's a contracted League one player I shell out £50 to the burns until if he's L2 or conference we both shell out £25, if he's lower than that you pay £50.

I'm actually not too surprised Rochdale are taking a punt on him in their position - from bits of his game I can see why managers/coaches think there's a player in him that they can coax out, I just don't think there is enough of an all round package!