Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cadders - done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
Seen on official site its a done deal, welcome back Danny.

I really think he can do a job in this division if he stays fit. big if, that one.

G
he has real quality about him and shows we are serious about having a crack at promotion , lets hope he stays Injury free as you say.

G
Say what you want about his fitness, if he performs at the same level as he did the last time he was here he'll be our trump card. Our front six almost have all bases covered. We just lack that one player with that little bit of extra quality that can light up a game with pace and power. I believe Cadders is that player.

Our promotion campaign starts here for real, GAME ON!

May 18, 2005
This could be the signing of the year if you ask me and everything BL says is true. The fitness issue is always going to arise but im a happy man now.

I still hope we sign another more proven goal scorer, but Danny Cadamarteri is a quality addition to a good squad.

Dmitry

C&B Member
Jun 8, 2005
Danny & Deano up front! It can be real force, hope that Danny will escape his injuries!
At least, he wants to play for us instad this guy that prefered to wait the news from Reading.

G
As BFB say Danny will have a lot of friend making to do, i am certainly not welcoming him back with open arms just yet. The only time he has performed exceptionally was towards the tail end of last season when his future was in doubt, before then he was a waste of space living only off his name and the promise he once showed at Everton. His attitude, behavior and commitment are extremely questionable.

He will have to heal wounds with the fans and club, shaking off the 'greedy' and 'uncommited' stigma people now associate with him.

If he can stay relatively injury free for a season and play 30+ games then he will be a force in this division and as others say may be that quality player that has previously been lacking in our team. Thats a big IF though.

G
Mallorcabantam said:
City now have plenty of guys who can get the ball in the box,
what about getting it into the net?

Windass didn't do such a bad job last season :D

I hope Cadders is on a 'pay for play' deal though. If he is, I wouldn't be suprised if we see an almost injury free season from him!

Go an call me a cynic :)

May 20, 2005
Forget the circumstances in which he left us and forget his injuries. If and I realise that it is a very very very big If, Danny Stays fit and a couple more half decent dignings, we have one foot in the top six. There isn't a single team in this division with a player of the capabilities of a Fit Danny Cadamateri, we have strike force in him and Deano as good as anything outside the Championship.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Don't forget Cooke, what I saw of him last season impressed me, OK he didn't get as many goals as we all would like but this ability to hold up the ball and form a partnership with deano was one of the reasons deano finished up top scorer.

Deano, Cadders and Cooke, the future is bright the futures claret and amber!

G
beerbantam said:
Dead right Chuckle, dont forget a fully fit Kearney will be like another great signing as well!!
Fully agree with that!!!! IMO Kearney has shown glimpses of brilliance and now is the time for TK to stand up and take his place in the First Team (holding role)

May 24, 2005
Great news, Cadders has pace to burn, and should complement the other two strikers perfectly, I said a long time ago, we either needed a striker with pace or physical ability, as our two strikers (as good as they are), dont have much of either, and in some games when its not going for you, you need something different.

Lets hope he can stay injury free, maybe we could have 3 up front with Cadders just behind Cooke? I would love to see the team looking like this personally:

Ricketts
Holloway Wetherall Bower
Kearney
MBW Morrison (On the wings)
Schumacher
Cadders
Deano Cooke

Though im sure we will stick with 4-4-2, 3-1-2-1-1-2 is a bit adventorous!!! :)

JamesG

C&B Member
May 22, 2005
BobMolenaarForever! said:
Great news, Cadders has pace to burn, and should complement the other two strikers perfectly, I said a long time ago, we either needed a striker with pace or physical ability, as our two strikers (as good as they are), dont have much of either, and in some games when its not going for you, you need something different.

Lets hope he can stay injury free, maybe we could have 3 up front with Cadders just behind Cooke? I would love to see the team looking like this personally:

Ricketts
Holloway Wetherall Bower
Kearney
MBW Morrison (On the wings)
Schumacher
Cadders
Deano Cooke

Though im sure we will stick with 4-4-2, 3-1-2-1-1-2 is a bit adventorous!!! :)
Somehow i dont think that we will play 3-1-2-1-1-2. Our manager isnt Mike Basset ;-)

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
ChuckleBantam said:
Forget the circumstances in which he left us and forget his injuries. If and I realise that it is a very very very big If, Danny Stays fit and a couple more half decent dignings, we have one foot in the top six. There isn't a single team in this division with a player of the capabilities of a Fit Danny Cadamateri, we have strike force in him and Deano as good as anything outside the Championship.
beerbantam said:
dont forget a fully fit Kearney will be like another great signing as well!!
Id totally agree with you both. Cadders is a great signing for us and if he stays fit for most of the season could rip this league appart IMO. and a fully fit Kearney for the whole season will give us what we were missing last season when he got injured.

If both can stay fit, we'll be right up there fighting for promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.