Callum Guy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ricky

C&B Member
Aug 24, 2009
barrowford nr burnley
I did think with the change in ownership and management personnel we wouldn’t be last out of the blocks , running a close second and missing targets , I certainly didn’t think we would be hanging out for scraps - when it comes to transfers despite having nominated people nothing’s changed to the lawn era
Give them chance they have only been in the job 18 months and this transfer window isnt over yet judge at end of season to see where we end up not now.

Plastic Bantam

S*it happens when you party naked
C&B Member
May 17, 2013
I did think with the change in ownership and management personnel we wouldn’t be last out of the blocks , running a close second and missing targets , I certainly didn’t think we would be hanging out for scraps - when it comes to transfers despite having nominated people nothing’s changed to the lawn era
Are we hanging out for scraps though?

Plastic Bantam

S*it happens when you party naked
C&B Member
May 17, 2013
Not long.. tougher back then as well. League 1 today is fairly average.
Except for the teams who have £17m to spend and the others owned by billionaires keeping the club afloat ... bit of a falicy that it’s easier now than then..it’s always been hard to gain promotion.. you talk like it’s easy

Apart from not having to crowd fund a scoreboard and decent changing rooms

Aug 16, 2013
Centre mid who plays right back, from Derby...

If he's as good as Nathan Doyle during his first spell at right back, it will be a great signing.

Big ask, like.

Aug 18, 2007
Except for the teams who have £17m to spend and the others owned by billionaires keeping the club afloat ... bit of a falicy that it’s easier now than then..it’s always been hard to gain promotion.. you talk like it’s easy
It is easy but our owners want to cut wages and do it on the cheap.

Take Wigan for example. Top of the league and still spending. They will go up. Sheff Utd did similar last season.

Us, we get a loan squad filler.

You can always spend your way out of trouble.

I'm not convinced the owners want promotion enough. Talk a good game.