Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can anyone tell me how Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Makes his decisions on substitutions???
I think he puts all the players names in a hat and pulls them out.
Well i said a lucky draw for City,but Howarth left 3/4 of his goal wide open and i said bottom corner easy and there it went 1-0.Lucky draw was right with Petta equalising.Still crap at home,when is Todd going to change it???:mad:

May 21, 2005
You can't blame Todd for a shocking piece of goalkeeping by Haworth. Yes Windass should have gone off for Cooke but I didn't have a problem with the Muirhead sub-he did nothing all night. Plus Bower missed a chance identical to the one Petta scored, if he'd scored that we'd more than likely have won.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Whats up with ben saynor?

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I notice you kept the attacking substitution out of that assesment, when Todd threw on an extra striker and took off Edgehill as he wanted to win the game.

G
For F*cks Sake, the only time he got the ball in front of him in the first, he got a free kick and the full back booked!!!!!!

So now, YOU are the manager...

YOU have a pacy winger in the best form of his career. He is facing a donkey who is already on a yellow;

Do YOU...

a) ...tell him to drop deep and collect the ball from YOUR full-back before cutting aimlessy inside...

Do YOU...

b) ...instruct YOUR midfield to totally ignore the ball out to the right, forcing your pacy winger to drop into the centre...

Or do YOU...

c) ...tell him to hug the touchline and instruct the rest of YOUR team to switch the ball quickly to the right at every opportunity, therefore isolating the opposing full-back, and giving YOUR pacy winger the chance to get at him.

If YOU answered a) or b), YOU are the manager of Bradford City FC.

Congratulations.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
'Plus Bower missed a chance identical to the one Petta scored, if he'd scored that we'd more than likely have won.'

I suppose that would excuse another miserable home performance would it?

It was pitiful hearing Todd blame Colchester manager Parkinson for our piss poor performance. CT is getting more like Law and Robson with every game. The bloke's turning into a fookin' scaredy cat frightened to death of taking chances. The team as it is at the moment carries no threat whatsoever, and if we don't get a lucky break we have zero attacking options.

The three commandments according to Todd are, thou shall not run with the ball unless you are Ben Muirhead, thou shall not take on a defender, and thou shall not attempt a defence splitting pass.

I'd say get rid of the miserable boring bassa but whoever we get will be exactly the same. I don't give a flying one what they show in training, if Owen Morrison and Danny Cadamateri couldn't do better with a few games under their belts I'll show my arse in t'Town Hall Square! Just how many games will it take with us playing piss poorly before our manager realises that safety first and being negative isn't working and he takes a chance on the flair players? I'm sure if Cadders and Owen had had as much faith put in them as Petta, Holloway and Crooks they would have come up trumps.

P.S. And just what is the love affair with Windass??? That's the second time he's been a crock of sheeite and stayed on the pitch ahead of his superior playing partner. Nevermind that there's a long way to go, on what we've seen so far this season we are no better than last season, and with the players at Todds disposal that's an absolute feckin' disgrace! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Like you said Komakino, the present City manger would choose A or B!
But WTF do we know?
We should just be happy to "Have a Club":rolleyes:, dont ya know!;)

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Loyalish2,well put mate if id have put that i would have got some right shit off the Facts and Stato boys.:D

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Alright then Fellas, if Todd isn't the manager to take us up who is?
It's all good and well calling for Todds head but who would replace him?

G
Who knows ? , CT has a nice 4 year contract or so I heard - the miserable home form and safety first tactics continue - the mutterings of discontent get louder .
His outburst on the radio about Colchesters gameplay was a Joke - who can blame a small club like them for grinding out results , they showed more commitment than most of our players did . I was thinking of going to Donny on Saturday but £23 In for me an the young 'un and fuel / or coach costs / food & drink , hmmmmmmm a day at the coast eating fish & chips In Whitby sounds a less stressful option.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
beerbantam said:
You really are like a broken record Thorney - have you any idea???
I still want Todd as manager and I'm not banging on about sacking him, therefore I don't need to come up with a replacement as I don't think we need one, all those wanting him sacked should point to a better manager that is realistically availible than Todd otherwise their argument is floored.

Sack Todd, what really is that going to achieve if no one can come up with a replacement.

G
Okay , what about Davison ?
Terry Dolan ? , Cllr Ward ? , Me ? , Richard Bacon ? , Des & Mel ? , Richard & Judy ?
Paul O'Grady ? , Ian Botham ? , Nigel Mansell ? , Norman Corner ? , PrawnKing ? , Ron Futcher ? , Stan Ternent ? , Elvis Costello ? , Tony D ? , Adie ? , Pat Nevin ? ... The list Is endless , over to you

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
KirkleesMafia said:
Okay , what about Davison ?
Terry Dolan ? , Cllr Ward ? , Me ? , Richard Bacon ? , Des & Mel ? , Richard & Judy ?
Paul O'Grady ? , Ian Botham ? , Nigel Mansell ? , Norman Corner ? , PrawnKing ? , Ron Futcher ? , Stan Ternent ? , Elvis Costello ? , Tony D ? , Adie ? , Pat Nevin ? ... The list Is endless , over to you
Fact is Kirkleesmafia, some people on here are shouting get rid of Todd but what does that solve? We will just end up with no manager and no one as yet has been able to provide the name of someone who could do a better job on the same resources. It's all well and good ranting and raving but what does that solve? nothing thats what and when you ask who they have in mind no one can put a stong arguement together to back up why sacking Todd is a good idea or put a name forward who would want to take the job and do a better one than Todd.
Daft answers are the sign of having no idea why sacking Todd would change things for the better, so I still ask who is availible who would do a better job than Todd with the same team and the same finances?

May 21, 2005
Wrose
my.ebay.co.uk
Fuck that.......leave me out of this ffs!!!........the last thing I would want is those bassa's on The Top Table moaning about me every week!!
Besides I'd have to suck up to Windy-ass cos he'll remember me taking the piss out of him at the Shippers meeting.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Difficult to name a new manager, as we do not know who would be available. Who would want to work with the salary on offer, and the players that we have. No doubt there would be applicants, difficult to draw up a short list.

So although, I am running out of patience, and anybody who watched that last night will know why, plus the pathetic excuses that are now being trundled out; I do not know who I would have as a manager, but if we get relegated this season, you can bet your botton dollar it will cost us more than finding some money to replace him, and playing like we did, relegation is also in the reckoning, no matter what place we are in at the moment.

What puzzles me even more, is that he can't see what we all can see from the stand, very worrying.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
So were on the verge of relegation now, this talk will look stupid come Saturday when we beat Doncaster with Marc Bridge-Wilkinson returning to the line up. Last night we would of ground out a one nil win and taken 3 points whilst not playing well against a team that didn't want to cross the halfway line if it wasn't for a goalkeeping error. We also wouldn't of seen the over reaction that we have seen on here today.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Thorney said:
So were on the verge of relegation now, this talk will look stupid come Saturday when we beat Doncaster with Marc Bridge-Wilkinson returning to the line up. Last night we would of ground out a one nil win and taken 3 points whilst not playing well against a team that didn't want to cross the halfway line if it wasn't for a goalkeeping error. We also wouldn't of seen the over reaction that we have seen on here today.
I don't agree Thorney, it has nothing to do with the goalkeeping error. They happen, it was our overall performance. I was surprised that we managed a draw. It had nil nil all over it, with neither team prepared to get forward, we as usual managed to let another team dictate our game. If we had one that it would have been highway robbery.

Bantamtim

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
We weren't great last night, but there were a few of positives.
1) Petta played well on both wings, caused lots of problems.
2) The centre back partnership held together well.
3) Some of the City teams of the past would've folded when we conceded the goal. This team didn't, Todd changed a few things, and although the subs were strange, it worked - we got the equaliser.
4) We're unbeaten in 5 league games now - that isn't relegation form, nor is it manager-sacking form.

Status
Not open for further replies.