Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can Someone Please Tell Me How Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
HAS DONE A GOOD JOB???
I think other peoples opinions are blinkered as we nearly went out of excistance last year.
In my opinion,Todd had a half decent side last year and failed to get them playing.He couldnt address the attrocious home form.He could not motivate the players to fight for every ball and give 100%.His tactical nouse was and still is non excistent when it comes to making substitutions.He made this statement after losing at home 2-1 to Hartlepool"We have not got a chance of making the play offs now and need to look to next season to mount a serious challenge".
There were seven games left at this point and if you look back at the results.You will find out that if we had beaten Chesterfield away,which was a bore draw and the players treat the game like a pre-season friendly.Also take the same commitment at Colchester.Then you think hang on a mo,if that negative **** had kicked them players up the ass and told them to give 110%,we can still make the play offs.If we had taken another four points from those games we would have only needed to beat Oldham away and we would have finished in the play offs.But he gave up with seven games to go.Would you see any manager with desire and commiment concede defeat? No every good manager states "We will carry on and fight to the bitter end until its mathematically impossible for us" Oh not Todd.
Look at this season we might have 1 point more than last year,but we havent played a good team yet and our home form is worse than last season alreaady.
TAKE YOUR BLINKERS OFF AND LOOK BEYOND LAST YEAR AND ADMINISTRATION.

May 18, 2005
Thing is, last year and administration are impossible to ignore. They are the elephant in the room, and any judgement that is made has to be done so in light of the fact that we very nearly didn't have a team within the very recent past.

The main problem for Todd is that thus far he has done a better job than could reasonably be expected and he has raised expectations to a higher level than is realistic given our recent history and the lack of resources we have. Last season we over-performed by a long way, and it has given rise to false expectations.

I shall be more than happy if we have similar success to last season again. I'll consider a promotion push to be on the cards only if the directors start putting money in to fuel it above and beyond the current wage budget. Todd has assembled a team on a shoestring budget which is small even by this division's standards, and if we can continue to compete on that wage bill in this division without being in a relegation battle then Todd is doing a fair job.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
BB you are made to believe like many other fans,that our wage budget is miniscule.Infact we are in the top seven payers in this division and i know how much certain players are paid.Take windass,emmmmmmm the club told you all our wage cap was £88000 per year.Do you think Windass would be on that much for the last 2 yrs of his carrer,when many clubs would double that if not triple it.Get real,do you believe everything the club tells you?

May 18, 2005
The club aren't making up the fact that we were in administration less than 18 months ago. There is not money to throw around.

Where do you get that we are in the top 7 payers in this division from?

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
I cant tell you that,but i dont make things up about City believe me.Todd has made his signings and had a good budget to work with.Alas take your admin blinkers off,that was last year and hes had the money to change things and hes made our home form worse than last year.Get real,hes never going to get us promoted,you only have to look at the players attitude,home form,motivation skills,tactical nouse and being able to see what player can give you something.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
You do still realise the following things Jimmy:

Club needs 6500 fans every game to run on an even keel. The most this club could make on that average and this is if everyone was paying £18 is £324,000 per game. Right, around £18,000 goes to the police and all the other costs involed in running a club on matchday will eat up a massive chunk off that. around half of the attendance are paying junior prices and half of them will now will get in for free so that cuts that £324,000 almost in half so say we make around £180,000 which is what i predict we make now.

When you have the following to meet:

£300,000 stadium rent (By god Gibb gets a good whack per year)
Cva Debts to be paid, Operating costs, Non-playing staff wages, Players Wages ....

Doesn't really give much room for playing with.

Jimmy all your arguements are floored as you deal in speculation and do not deal in figures. I've asked people who work in the financial industry about the clubs income and they have even said banking on 6,500 fans to bring home the bacon is a risky business plan.

G
jimmy said:
I cant tell you that,but i dont make things up about City believe me.Todd has made his signings and had a good budget to work with.Alas take your admin blinkers off,that was last year and hes had the money to change things and hes made our home form worse than last year.Get real,hes never going to get us promoted,you only have to look at the players attitude,home form,motivation skills,tactical nouse and being able to see what player can give you something.
Take a chill pill Jimmy dude!
Lets look objectively at what you are saying.

You say Todd is a useless manager who can't motivate players to perform and will never get promotion.

1.) Todd took Michael Bolton to the premier.
2.) What players we talking about here....

Schumaker Levy.........WHO?
Crocks...............WHO?
Mark Ridge-Pilkington.......WHO?
Van Morrison.......WHO?
Cookey...............WHO?
Hawarth..............WHO?
Hellaway............WHO?

All players bought on a shoe string because despite what you say WE ARE SKINT!!

Pitta..............Mercinary? but Todd could only go on what he knows of a players qualities if the holland man doesn't want to play he should f**k off!

Windass.........36 but still scoring.
Claridges........39 but only had a sniff as yet.
The Edge and Tailor.....both doing good.

Then we have legacy players like Booer, Weatherman, Emmanuelle3 and Kricknee.

The players above have a responsibility themselves to perform on the pitch and if they lack the calibre required then that's tough luck because we can't afford better. It is down to them as well as the management to turn around the home form.

But Todd got enough out of the likes of the above last season to get the club on the fringes of the play-offs and NOBODY expected that. So eveyone now expects promotion with practically the same team.??...well maybe we will, but if we don't, it will not be because Todd hasn't tried or that he is a crap manager. It will be because of the situation at the club and resources available.

We are 10 games in and just a few points off the pace.

3.) You say we are one of the highest payers. Bullshit man!
We are monitored by the football league and still have to fulfill some terms of administration.
We owe money...lots of it.

Windass is on appearance and goal scoring bonuses which boost his paypacket although it will have been thin the last couple of weeks.
The rest of the squad receive incentives but the amout depends on turnover at the end of the season.
This is not extraordinary and EVERY club usurps wage caps this way...FACT!

4.) SHould some people get their wish and Todd goes....who would replace him eh?...go on tell me who WILL do a better job with no money, no academy (a la Hudds)...go on give us a name!!

'Shake down!'

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
The large debts from the CVA were paid, however the smaller fish weren't paid in that £900,000 bank transfer.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I don't know them by name, but don't believe everything is paid off because Michael Wood says so.

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
Of course we still in debt!!
We will be treading water for the next few years.

Believe me a CVA only writes a percentage of debt off.
We had no financial institutes to loan us cash to pay off other institues like Gerling! It's all been covered by the likes of Roades house etc..
And we are currently paying off several creditors by installments

May 25, 2005
Belgian Flanders
bradfordcitywebmaster

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:09 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are still paying creditors a percentage of the amount agreed at the CVA.

I am not able to comment on anybody's wage.

Why doesnt anyone ask Jim Brown, Im sure you'll get a good honest answer from the man!:rolleyes:

I bet no-one but JR knows the truth about "Our debt", but I along with others were led to believe we were debt free after the last admin. fiasco!
JR even said he didnt want the same situation to arise this time like it did after the first admin. I presumed that meant we were now "totally debt free"!
The only debts now are general running costs of the club plus 300k a season ground rent to Mr Gibb, unless anyone can prove otherwise?

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
Sorry Beerbantam, however Michael is just a City fan that runs an unofficial City site (albiet an excellant one), the infomation and views aired on there are his and his co writers and are not the official word.

I assure you we are still in debt, albiet a manageable one, however it will restrict our expenditure for the a few years to come.

G
beerbantam said:
Bottom line though lads!!!

The 'no money, lucky to have a club card' doesnt wash anymore!!

And Fact - we are nowhere near the worst off club in this division or have anywhere near the lowest wagebill!

And Tony, Sven Erikson!! Pmsl!
The bottom line jive turkey, is that now you concede we are not in a fit financial state, getting back to the point, 'Has Todd done a good job'...well yeah he has!....Todd has done well with very limited resources, taken prem or chump reserves, lower league cast offs and old war horses and got him a team which is on the fringes of the play-off places but that fact is totally purile and academic when we are barely 10 games into the season.

You are lucky you don't support Bristol or Forest.

anyways keep spouting bullshit...I know you wanna keep your post count up!;)

'It's either you or the boss!'

Johnny Yen said:
I assure you we are still in debt, albiet a manageable one, however it will restrict our expenditure for the a few years to come.
So why could we afford not to sell Deano to Wigan then?
If the board are as un-ambitious as some of the posters on here & promotion isn't our aim, why not sell?

G
Parrot said:
So why could we afford not to sell Deano to Wigan then?
If the board are as un-ambitious as some of the posters on here & promotion isn't our aim, why not sell?
Point me to the post(s) that say that Tweety!

G
beerbantam said:
No punk, i dont concede - You argue without any proof!!
You really sound like one of our boards more well known posters-who also knows nothing about football.....:D:D

Your proof is an old BFB article dude...not proof at all...I got mine from JP.

And as far as knowing nothing about football, that's your expertise board monkey!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.