Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Checkatrade 3rd Round

giveusani

C&B Member
Oct 21, 2014
Didn't realise. We're 6/1 favourites to win it, at the bookies.
If we do win it, it will be a shame for all them checkatrade trophy boycotters to miss it.
Add to that if we sign a certain striker all those boycotting for that reason too, we will be lifting the trophy in front of about 4K

SelbyFan

C&B Member
Jan 9, 2013
If we do win it, it will be a shame for all them checkatrade trophy boycotters to miss it.
Add to that if we sign a certain striker all those boycotting for that reason too, we will be lifting the trophy in front of about 4K
Yes and that's only a very good television worth.

giveusani

C&B Member
Oct 21, 2014
77 Leicester fans there in a 1,028 attendance.

Maybe, with 9 teams remaining , 6 being in league 2 , 1 under 23 club and 2 league 1 teams ( BCFC & Coventry) that BCFC may take this competition seriously as Wembley becomes a reality.

Plus 40k of prize money if we qualify next week is realistically a loan player to the end of the season , allowing 11 weeks at approximately 3.5k a week.
I think Oxford are still in it too.

Aug 14, 2012
I think Oxford are still in it too.
Yes they are, the teams left are:

Wycombe
Swansea U21
Yeovil
Cheltenham/City
Coventry
Luton
Mansfield
Oxford

A very southern last 8 so if we get through a home draw is very much needed or a long trip is very likely. If we are to qualify we will need to buck the trend of the round as only 1 away team won in this round.

Apr 24, 2013
Yes they are, the teams left are:

Wycombe
Swansea U21
Yeovil
Cheltenham/City
Coventry
Luton
Mansfield
Oxford

A very southern last 8 so if we get through a home draw is very much needed or a long trip is very likely. If we are to qualify we will need to buck the trend of the round as only 1 away team won in this round.
Nothing better than a trip to Yeovil on a winter Tues night.

Ricardo

C&B Member
Feb 6, 2013
Idle
The potential £40k prize would have been something the previous regime would have gone hell for leather for to win. Our whole January transfer activity would have depended on it.

Fortunately if theres a good business case I get the feeling the new owners would probably be more willing to spend that amount on a loanees wages without relying on a daft cup win.

Is pretty funny though how theres only 1 academy side left and Luton - who have broken the rules every round, constantly get fined but keep winning - are still in it.

Skyebantam

C&B Full Member
Mar 27, 2007
Geary, Isle of Skye
Anyone that goes to Cheltenham deserves a medal. Absolutely ridiculous fixture for a midweek. I think in the JPT the furthest i travelled from selby when i lived there, was the Kiddiminster game. Which seemed far enough. I'll gloss over carlisle games from up here, they were great :rolleyes: Oh well, a winnable game, just slightly ridiculous. But then again, they have made an absolute farce of it with this new format.