Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

City attendances / Jim Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSSB

C&B Member
Jun 6, 2005
South Shields
Even at valley parade crowds are dwindling, if football admission was a little cheaper we would get far more of the stay away supporters.
£10-£15 i would say is a reasnoble amount for entry into grounds, only two or three pounds lower than our admission charge at the minute, but surely with the under 11's getting free admission we could lower the adult admission charge and entice more supporters to come back, we have a ground that holds 25000+ and facilities that many clubs could only dream of we need to utilise them to the max and raise some much needed cash for the club.

Poulton

C&B Member
Aug 25, 2005
Bradford
Peter Etherington has plans to make much needed cash, for example Bradford city will be introducing a lottery system soon. This just one of his thoughts. His experience in marketing should benefit us and earn the club more money sooner rather than later!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
It's a general statement across the board and I think nearly all clubs are included in that, it is not a swipe at the people running the show at VP.

£21 in at Swindon, £21 in at Forest, £22 in at Oldham, etc.
All these grounds have thousands of empty seats each week and with a little bit of creativity they could possibly get more through the gates and reduce the price but they stick with the easy option.
Only the real diehards must turn up at Swindon for £21 a time, bottom of the league getting beaten every week.

I'd like to see city give it ago but all the low profile games have gone now. £10 a head against Yeovil or Gillingham would of swelled the crowd of 7,000 to possibly 10,000. When you take into account there are 4,000 season ticket holders that mean 3,000 paying customers. So half the price but 6,000 paying customers would bring in the same amount of money but you have another 3,000 people in the ground who will spend money whilst they are there. (I know these figures are far from accurate due to children and family tickets but you get the idea).

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
The fact of the matter is - Football's bubble's burst!! Folk can pay less to watch other sports - Cricket, Rugby union and Rugby league are all enjoying record crowds at football's expense!!

I think the ticketing pricing and the way the fans are "abused" is disgracefull (as a fan) - but from a business point of view its how every other (successfull) business in the country is run.....every club know's its hard core fan base - and charges them as much as they can get away with without loosing they're hardcore, they hope then that a good cup run or lofty league position will strengthen they're financial position....its the uncertainty of not knowing how many folk are gonna walk through the turnstiles that causes the clubs to air on the side of caution and charge the hardcore what it feels it needs to maintain its budget!!

May 20, 2005
king billy said:
The fact of the matter is - Football's bubble's burst!! Folk can pay less to watch other sports - Cricket, Rugby union and Rugby league are all enjoying record crowds at football's expense!!

I think the ticketing pricing and the way the fans are "abused" is disgracefull (as a fan) - but from a business point of view its how every other (successfull) business in the country is run.....every club know's its hard core fan base - and charges them as much as they can get away with without loosing they're hardcore, they hope then that a good cup run or lofty league position will strengthen they're financial position....its the uncertainty of not knowing how many folk are gonna walk through the turnstiles that causes the clubs to air on the side of caution and charge the hardcore what it feels it needs to maintain its budget!!

However you dress it Matty, it still equates to the fact that an alleged crook whos put fuck all of his multi million pound fortune into an organisation he used questionable opportunism in order to get his foot in the door, is amongst those bending you over and giving it you up the trumper with every penny they milk out of your pocket into the VP tills. And you let him do it with a smile on your face.

I'll happily endure the Part Timer gags over losing my dignity and principles thank you.The only way this borderline mugging of City fans will stop is when more do the same.

May 24, 2005
I agree wholehartedly with you over Brown - and in fact the rest of the steering committee - the club needs cold hard cash and 4 people have top jobs down at the club for putting fook all cash in.....JR stated that anyone could join the board and have shares for an investment of 250k - doesn't it apply to this crew? The case put forward by the club is that Brown and co are working down at the club unwaged.....something i'm sure any of us would do if we had a million nicka in the bank and didn't need to work...
At the end of the day for some reason JR trusts Jim Bullseye implicitly (so i hear) and see's him as his right hand man - therefore i take some comfort in the fact that at least whilst Longbottom, Ham and Bosumworth are there, whether they contribute financially or not at least they'll (hopefully) keep the shackles on Brown as "proper" fans and business men...
As far as attendance goes its up to the individual - if you want to boycott VP then go for it.....but its in my blood too much and i enjoy watching the team too much to stay away, backroom politics and prices are kept to the back of my mind when i have a beer and cheer the team on - i appreciate this is the crux of the problem - but i also see it as cutting my nose off to spite my face by not attending!!

May 20, 2005
king billy said:
I agree wholehartedly with you over Brown - and in fact the rest of the steering committee - the club needs cold hard cash and 4 people have top jobs down at the club for putting fook all cash in.....JR stated that anyone could join the board and have shares for an investment of 250k - doesn't it apply to this crew? The case put forward by the club is that Brown and co are working down at the club unwaged.....something i'm sure any of us would do if we had a million nicka in the bank and didn't need to work...
At the end of the day for some reason JR trusts Jim Bullseye implicitly (so i hear) and see's him as his right hand man - therefore i take some comfort in the fact that at least whilst Longbottom, Ham and Bosumworth are there, whether they contribute financially or not at least they'll (hopefully) keep the shackles on Brown as "proper" fans and business men...
As far as attendance goes its up to the individual - if you want to boycott VP then go for it.....but its in my blood too much and i enjoy watching the team too much to stay away, backroom politics and prices are kept to the back of my mind when i have a beer and cheer the team on - i appreciate this is the crux of the problem - but i also see it as cutting my nose off to spite my face by not attending!!

Get used to crap footie in a three quarters empty stadium then, because as long as the Keystone Cops are in charge, they won't come up with any grand plan to improve matters as long as they know 7000 "mugs" will keep coughing up.

When I say Mugs btw, that's their perception not mine.

May 20, 2005
We could drum up a few bizarre conspiracy theories to help him on his way. It's worked to drive people out before. I'll start;

Jim Brown is actually Bobby Petta. He puts on a gallon of fake tan,a toupee, takes of the fat suit and insists that Todd picks him every game. In fact..he picks the team full stop! Sack Todd give it Brown..his performances on and off the pitch have got us into the play offs!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
As of yet, Jim Brown hasn't done much wrong.

You probably will find many Halifax town fans with bad things to say about Jim Brown, but it was no different when Richmond took over at City. Ask any Scarborough fan what they thought of him and you will get a negative responce in much the same way Fax fans will comment about Brown.

I don't know anything about his past but if it's as bad a what some are making out, his past will catch up with him, just like it did with Mr Richmond and more recently Mr Reynolds from Darlington.

I was talking to some Man U fans who said they we're going to boycott Old Trafford because of Glazer. I said you'll be a fan long after he has gone, the club will be around long after he has gone and your boycott will of achieved nothing, No one man is bigger than the club!

Come the end of the season if we get a trip to the new Wembley for the play-off final I'm sure anyone who says they are boycotting city because of this man will be attending the play-off final whether Brown is part of the club or not, and they would be right to do so because no one man is bigger than the club.

May 21, 2005
Wrose
my.ebay.co.uk
Wrosey...do you remember what I told you on Sat about Mr Bowen?
I know its fuck all on its own but its maybe just one little part of the bigger picture.
You were hung over so prob wont remember.

May 24, 2005
Bullet - seriously mate i can't remember....lol - email me it - i'm intrigued now....:D

Thorney - were not talking about a few malicious comments by a few Halifax Town fans here - check out company's house - JB's been involved (been a director) in something like 23 different company's - with over 18 of em going into either administration or bankruptcy and liquidation......he's a wealthy fella....but on paper isn't worth out and has a string of failed businesses behind him - wish i could "magic" money out of thin air......:mad: The thing that worry's me is that JR looks up to him and gets advice off him on how to run our club - i'd say looking at the Halifax shenanigans (and there's lots you don't know mate, which has been brushed under the carpet) and the rest of his failed businesses were only gonna head in one direction whilst he's got his feet under the boardroom table.....:(

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
How do we know JR rely's on him to that extent?

I would think he would be extra cautious given his experience of 'contracting out' his family money again.

I agree about Jim Brown, but provided he is not allowed a sniff of a cheque he cannot do much wrong.

The Rhodes family will not be stung again would be my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.