Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

City P.O.T.S so far?

P.O.T.S?

• Emanuel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taylor

• Bower

• Wetherall

• Kearney

• Bridge-Wilko

• Windass

• Cooke

• Cadamarteri

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think is the City Player Of The Season so far if you had to vote for one?
Ricketts?
Emanuel?
Taylor?
Bower?
Wetherall?
Kearney?
Bridge-Wilkinson?
Windass?
Cooke?
Cadamarteri?

I cant think of anyone else worth a mention, but looking at the list shows what an average season we've had up to now:rolleyes: , with no outstanding players!
If pushed i think i'd plump for Taylor as at least he was consistent while he was here, all the others have had shaky spells or been sidelined with injuries!:(

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
I think your list shows a lot about Todd's selection policy.
Ricketts, Bower, Wethers and Windass. The only 4 players with a regular spot and/or position. No wonder the team has been so inconsistent. Mixing and matching as much as he has and dropping poeple willy nilly without good cause whilst not dropping off form players....
And with the latest batch of injuries I can't see this changing any time soon.
It's like he's got 20 players on a dartboard and is picking the team from 11 darts.

As for my vote... can't really comment as it's all based on reading and not seeing. Though I'd probably go for someone like Ricketts as his stats compared to Howarth tell a good story.

Lofty

Bloody good shot sir!
C&B Member
Dec 1, 2005
Huddersfield
Wetherall. Leader on the pitch and gives 100% every match and we'll miss him when he's gone.

He's got less pace than most peoples grandmas but he doesn't need it cos not much gets passed him!!

Hearing him on the Pulse last week he sounds a knowledgeable bloke and future manager perhaps??

At least he didn't mention Colin's 3 favourite things.....

....GUILE......TEMPO......&.......COHESION!!!! Aaaaaaarrrrggghhh!!!!!

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
I wasnt sure about ricketts but he has come on leaps and bounds even though his kicking is garbage.
Dutchbantam how could you have voted Emanual? He is absolutley crap full stop,he tins tackles and doesnt know how to posistion himself and when other players are looking for the over lap he is running back to his penalty area i have never seen a more negative clueless player for years and to think i thought he was a tremendous prospect at City.

Thats what makes me laugh about his critisism of our wingers in this weeks press, sometimes they will have a bad game where they dont get the ball, maybe thats not their fault so he should play them in the next game, they might come good with a run of games?
Horrorway has consistently played sh/te from one week to the next this season but Turd continued to play him regardless:mad:
Im not suprised Morrison or Muirhead dont give it their all, they dont know if they are coming or going from one week to the next!

May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
Eggbutnobacon said:
Dutchbantam how could you have voted Emanual? He is absolutley crap full stop,he tins tackles and doesnt know how to posistion himself and when other players are looking for the over lap he is running back to his penalty area i have never seen a more negative clueless player for years and to think i thought he was a tremendous prospect at City.
Felt sorry for him :D

And my two cats are named after him. :rolleyes:

Still think he'll come good eventually... if he's given the support and backing of a decent manager & coach. It's no wonder he's gone backwards having been given the Todd/Morrison treatment ever since he burst onto the scene.

DutchBantam said:
Hell yeah. They are a right pair.

Maybe I should give Todd a ring. Get rid of Holloway and Emanuel and stick in Louis and Manu (aka Lewis and Emanuel).
Fooking hell Dutchy, I'd rather play my Gran than Horrorway & she's been dead for 20 years:eek: ;) :D

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I think it sums up our season when I say I can't pick a player who has been worth a mention for player of the year.

Bridge-Wilkinson started off well but has dissapeared since injury.
Cadders works well like Cooke but 2 to 3 goals between them, it's not good enough.
Deano, well it's not really his fault as he hasn't had many chances but regardless of that he is well below his performances last season.

Thinking of it I think Ricketts is probably the best of a bad bunch.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
Sorry, I'd like to vote but I can't see Owen Morrisons name.

Last seasons assist stats

Player--League-- Cup-- Total

Nicky Summerbee 10 0 10
Owen Morrison 6 0 6
Ben Muirhead 4 0 4
Steven Schumacher 4 0 4
Dean Windass 4 0 4
Dele Adebola 4 0 4
David Wetherall 3 0 3
Marc Bridge-Wilkinson 2 0 2
Andrew Cooke 2 0 2
Tom Kearney 1 0 1
Mark Bower 1 0 1
Lee Crooks 1 0 1
Darren Holloway 1 0 1

Not bad for a player who only spent 18 minutes on the pitch! For all his faults some fans still talk about Summerbees assists and crossing ability. Summerbee never missed a game, Morrison hardly played. Summerbee isn't here, Morrison IS!

Mark my words, if CT sticks with his new found adventurous approach and Morrison gets fit and plays, Owen Morrison WILL be a contender for PotY!

If that goes tits up I'll vote for Wethers.

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
Loyalish2 said:
Sorry, I'd like to vote but I can't see Owen Morrisons name.

Last seasons assist stats

Player--League-- Cup-- Total

Nicky Summerbee 10 0 10
Owen Morrison 6 0 6
Ben Muirhead 4 0 4
Steven Schumacher 4 0 4
Dean Windass 4 0 4
Dele Adebola 4 0 4
David Wetherall 3 0 3
Marc Bridge-Wilkinson 2 0 2
Andrew Cooke 2 0 2
Tom Kearney 1 0 1
Mark Bower 1 0 1
Lee Crooks 1 0 1
Darren Holloway 1 0 1

Not bad for a player who only spent 18 minutes on the pitch! For all his faults some fans still talk about Summerbees assists and crossing ability. Summerbee never missed a game, Morrison hardly played. Summerbee isn't here, Morrison IS!

Mark my words, if CT sticks with his new found adventurous approach and Morrison gets fit and plays, Owen Morrison WILL be a contender for PotY!

If that goes tits up I'll vote for Wethers.

Totally agree loyalish but unfortunatley Todd isnt adventurous and Owen wont play. Now that Todd is going to favour 3 5 2 it seems to give morrison even less chance. :(

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
I know Wethers has been steady away all season,but i dont think he's been that out standing to get POTS,where as Ricketts has pulled of some stunning saves and his taking of crosses into the box have taken the pressure off the back 4 at times.If we had Howarth in goal we would have lost a lot more games.Had it not been for Ricketts as an example,Swansea would have been out of sight before we got our equaliser.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
True, it reminds me of the year Paul Heckingbottom won it. Nowt special but the rest of the team were pants.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
i agree with loyalish, if morrison was playing he'd be my man(judged on prior performances and his affect on the team), however he isn't, niether is cooke who i'm sure would be in with a chance

so, ive gone for the big don
better than hendo? yes, a futre legend

Status
Not open for further replies.