Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

City to air TV channel on matchdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2005
That is a very good idea if you ask me, hopefully more people will go straight to the ground to drink beer rather than the pub and take in all the info.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Its a good idea as long as they dont have that muppet commentating or talking on it.You know who i mean that idiot whos voice drives ya mad on the Video highlights.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Now although there more chance of Ronaldo signing for us or Chelsea showing off their newest aquisition and stating " hes the greatest right back of his generation ... i give you our new sensation Peter Atherton"

But thats a great idea SB...

G

Stuttgart Bundesbantam said:
It would be really good if they could stream it for Bantams World and us expats.
Yup would be nice...

Listening to the Pulse via the web doesn't quite have the same effect! ;)

baldbantam

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
How viable is that technology wise, and how good a connection would you need to get a reasonable picture? Just at the minute the odd streaming video bit I've seen isn't worth watching for something like football.

It would be worth signing up to Bantams World just to get the away matches.

I'm sure we'll be at that point at some time in the not too distant future, but I'll bet the cost would be more in line with Sky pay per view than the current Bantams World cost.

Dmitry

C&B Member
Jun 8, 2005
I believe that in the near future, maybe in five-six years it will be possible to see football by Internet.
For me, leaving in St-Petersburg, it could be great to see Bantams week in and week out, but Idon't believe that it's possible right now.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Dmitry said:
I believe that in the near future, maybe in five-six years it will be possible to see football by Internet.
For me, leaving in St-Petersburg, it could be great to see Bantams week in and week out, but Idon't believe that it's possible right now.
I think it is possible to broadcast games via the internet, but there are many other factors in this ever happening. TV rights being the biggest stumbling block, after sky pay millions of pounds per year they reply on subscription to their channels and if people could watch the games via the internet then they would lose large amounts of money therefore I believe they have numerous terms written into their contract to prevent this. The technology is there but it's not in the TV companies interest to use it.

May 18, 2005
Thorney said:
I think it is possible to broadcast games via the internet, but there are many other factors in this ever happening. TV rights being the biggest stumbling block, after sky pay millions of pounds per year they reply on subscription to their channels and if people could watch the games via the internet then they would lose large amounts of money therefore I believe they have numerous terms written into their contract to prevent this. The technology is there but it's not in the TV companies interest to use it.
Nothing to prevent sky being the ones you pay to get it via the internet. They could still own the rights and profit from them, just the means of delivery that would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.