Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

City v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
So Gillingham are winless away from home this season which in some ways fills me with fear about tomorrow but one thing that gives me the belief that City will win is the fact Claridge is playing for us and not Gillingham. Our signing of Steve Claridge looks like a master stroke with him already racking up 4 goals which have helped us secure 7points (a fact over looked by the sack Todd brigade).

I think we have started to adjust to a team without Bridge-Wilkinson and to be in seventh without our so called best and most important player makes things look good for when he returns from injury whenever that maybe.

The return of Ricketts gives me more confidence to as I have to say I've been less than impressed with Howarth, his unwillingness to come and collect crosses leaves extra presure on the centre back. Ricketts on the other hand is the complete opposite as he come to collect anything which drops near to the box.

Tomorrow is a time for City to start getting wins at home and getting the fans back to Valley Parade and that will only happen with Victories, With the Barnsley home game on the horizon a run of victories (tomorrow and forest) could see 10,000+ for the next local derby.

Thorney's Forecast for Tomorrow - City 2, Gillingham 0.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I'm a little worried as someone is actually writing some good stuff about us.

Sporting Life said:
Dropping into League One and Bradford look a decent bet at 5/6 to see off Gillingham at Valley Parade.
The Bantams produced a superb performance to win 1-0 at fellow high-flyers Port Vale last week and they will be looking to build on that, back on home soil.
In their last home match they went down 2-1 to leaders Huddersfield, their only defeat in their last eight league matches.
Sitting in seventh, manager Colin Todd will be happy with how his side are playing at the moment, but he will be the first to admit that at home they need to start banking more wins.
In Bobby Petta, Steve Claridge and Dean Windass the Bantams have their own dads army, but make no mistake they are all more than capable of doing at this level of football, indeed it was only in August that Premiership new-boys Wigan tried to get Windass to return to top-flight football! The three veterans have 13 goals between them so far and will be looking to add to that tally when they face a Gillingham side who are currently sitting in the bottom three.

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Thorney said:
So Gillingham are winless away from home this season which in some ways fills me with fear about tomorrow
Same here Thorney.

We all know what usually happens when we play a team with that kind of record..

Im still goin for a city win mind.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
You know what i think,but im going to say 3-0 to City and if we lose or draw then Todds stuck his neck out,so lets hear
chop
if we do lose or draw.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.