Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Claridge knows the secret to our poor home form but Todd doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
Maybe Colin Todd see's the answer is so obvious that he doesn't bother mentioning it, but the only one who has actually pinpointed the reason for our poor home form so far besides the fans has been Steve Claridge:

'At this stage we are probably better set up to play away and hit teams on the counter attack. But that doesn't always work when the opposition sit back and the initiative is on us to break them down.' Said Claridge

It doesnt take a genius to work out why we have been playing rubbish at home and Claridge has highliighted the reason right there, as i say it may be that Todd thinks is so obvious that it isnt worth mentioning....but if so then why is he not changing it?

I also like this quote from Claridge

'Thats their perogative to use any tactics they want'

A mile away from Colin Todd who seems to think teams should not be allowed to go all out to defend when they come to Valley Parade after his outburst at Phil Parkinson after the Colchester home game.

Theres a gem from Colin Todd here 'I know for a fact that you will see a high tempo game'............

I will congratulate him if he turns out to be right but now he cannot blame us for having a go if its a dour boring draw.......

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Everyone who follows City,knows whats wrong.So do the players,but Todd doent know his ass from his elbow.:mad:

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
he probably would get the cold shoulder if he said anything............why can't we just go for it for once.

We know what we are going to get with Gillingham, 10 men behind the ball, long balls, and heavy duty tackling. So what do you do with a team like that..........................?

You attack them with the ball on the floor. You put up two strikers, and a good ball player behind the front two. You go three at the back, and get Crooks to help the defence out when needed. You make sure your who team work their socks off and not allow them to have any ball. Give them the run around, rather than allowing them to dictate how we play them. Everybody has to take on defensive responsibilties, no excuses, the strikers and attacking midfielders have to defend when necessary, it is the price they pay for having the ball at the feet in attack.

Phew I am glad I got that off me chest, lol

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
If ever proof was needed why...:eek:

bg said:
You attack them with the ball on the floor. You put up two strikers, and a good ball player behind the front two. You go three at the back, and get Crooks to help the defence out when needed. You make sure your who team work their socks off and not allow them to have any ball. Give them the run around, rather than allowing them to dictate how we play them. Everybody has to take on defensive responsibilties, no excuses, the strikers and attacking midfielders have to defend when necessary, it is the price they pay for having the ball at the feet in attack.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
ChuckleBantam said:
Won't make any difference Tone, like me, you're on her "I'm sick of em making me look daft" list.
How very wise of someone so foolish in their use of weak minded opinions..

Easier to just talk about inuendo once you are past it....

Ohhhhhhhhh Matrrrrron.:D :D ;)

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
was expecting some replies to this post boys and girls, but no doubt you are all getting ready for the match, we shall see, I am off to shower and get ready, feeling much more optimistic now, you can't beat that excitement before a home match.

It is off the Fighting Cock I think today, then onward to VP;)

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
So we are not on her ignore list otherwise that drivel wouldnt have arrived after her viewing the thread each time we replied...

Once again just a story to tell at the bore table ... How sad.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.