Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Claridge's "Gazza" piece of skill and Penford!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Did you all see Stevo's piece of skill - ala Gazza against Scotland, a cracking chip over the defender followed by a great volley - pity their keeper saved it!! Penford was magnificent today when he came on!! Pity we didn't start playing till the last 15 minutes - 75 minutes of the usual shite followed by a cracking last 15 - Swansea showed today what a crap division this is - if only we had a decent manager and coaching staff, we'd piss the playoff's instead of hovering around midtable.....:(

If Penford don't start the next game - Todd is a disgrace!!

May 21, 2005
You've got no idea how many games I've been to BB, I've been to more than most, more than you? Perhaps not, I don't really care but I'm perfectly qualified to give my opinion like it or not.

May 21, 2005
king billy said:
Why's that then? On our day (ala Barnsley away FA Cup) we can give anyone a game.....are you honestly saying that teams like Chesterfield are better than us?.....

Your talking bollox matey.....:confused:
Exactly, on our day, any team can. Burton can give Manchester a game 'on their day' they'd get mullered any other. Chesterfield have proved that they are consistently better than us this season. Our squad is full of too many wasters, Petta, Muirhead, Holloway etc are simply not good enough. Yes Todd signed those players but if you're talking about a different management team with that squad they wouldn't do much better IMO.

May 24, 2005
Between the devil and deep blue sea!
Bantams_AnD_Proud said:
Exactly, on our day, any team can. Burton can give Manchester a game 'on their day' they'd get mullered any other. Chesterfield have proved that they are consistently better than us this season. Our squad is full of too many wasters, Petta, Muirhead, Holloway etc are simply not good enough. Yes Todd signed those players but if you're talking about a different management team with that squad they wouldn't do much better IMO.
Your right - Todd signed em and Todd coaches em - if the players you mention are shite (which they are) then its up to him to get rid!! Our best team is a match for anyone, if we don't perform week in week out with a degree of consistancy then you look towards the management team, he's not even had many injury and suspensions to blame like most City managers have had in the past, i'm not saying were top two candidates (although i've seen nowt from the top 2/3 to fear) but were much, much better ability wise than teams like Chesterfield!! This squad has the ability to finish in the top six, that aint a fancyfull dream but fact - we are VASTLY underperforming this season and the buck stops with the main man i'm afraid!!!

May 21, 2005
I agree with most of that KB (nice change to have a reasonable argument cough Beer cough) :rolleyes: but I'm really not sure we have the squad at the moment to get in the top 6. With a couple of additions we could manage it but at the moment I think top ten is more realistic. I also agree that Todd has been poor for the majority of the season but that he deserves credit for his changes today. I hope he learns from the impact his changes had.

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
i agree kb, this league is incredibly poor and even a slightly above average side could walk the playoffs easy (ala chesterfield, colchester)

With our correct team we'd be laughing all the way to auto promotion

Shame todd doesn't play the right team :(

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
Methinks that's a bit harsh on Colchester ABS, good bad or indifferent Colchester have won nine out of their last ten, home and away.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.