Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Colin Todd Positives And Negatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
As you all know,i am not a fan of Colin Todd and want him sacked.I have had some stick and abuse about my thoughts,so i have decided to find out peoples positives and negatives about Colin Todd.
So if you are a fan of Colin Todd or dont want him sacked,then post what positive achievments hes got or brought to the club.
Below is a list of my negatives,they are non negotionable and can not be undermined,as they are facts and im not wrong. :D
1.two good signings the rest of them garbage.
2.Cannot make decisions on substitutions,leaves it till its too late.
3.When he does make substitutions,he brings the wrong players off.
4.Plays players in unfamiliar posistions.
5.Gives players a shirt even though they have proved each game how bad they are.ie:Holloway in front of Swift,anyone with slight knowledge on footballers,can see Swift is twice the player Holloway is.
6.Was given a good budget and signed players everyone new couldnt or wouldnt play with their hearts,Peta,Morrison.
7.He should have known the problem areas that needed sorting in the team from last year,but alas they remain the same.
8.Teams read us like a book and he hasnt the tactical nouse to sort it out.
9.Tactical knowledge non excistent.
10.He thinks we have one of the best back four in league 1,but if they are how come we have given so many goals away due to school boy defending.
11.He gave up on the play-offs with seven games to go last year.
12 .He cannot motivate his players.
13.He cant get them fired up and willing to get stuck in.
14.Shows total lack of awareness on what certain players strengths and weaknesses are.
15.He hasnt got the strength to make big decisions on certain players who are out of form.
I can not think of any positives hes achieved.Please dont say we were in admin and he kept us up,thats crap.Any half decent manager would have kept us up last year with the players we had,but a good manager wouldnt have given up on the play-offs and would have had the players fighting for every ball till the end.So that cant be used as a positive.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
jimmy said:
As you all know,i am not a fan of Colin Todd and want him sacked. I have had some stick and abuse about my thoughts, so i have decided to find out peoples positives and negatives about Colin Todd.
So if you are a fan of Colin Todd or dont want him sacked, then post what positive achievments hes got or brought to the club.

Below is a list of my negatives,they are non negotionable and can not be undermined,as they are facts and im not wrong. :D

1. Two good signings the rest of them garbage.
2. Cannot make decisions on substitutions, leaves it till its too late.
3. When he does make substitutions,he brings the wrong players off.
4. Plays players in unfamiliar posistions.
5. Gives players a shirt even though they have proved each game how bad they are, ie : Holloway in front of Swift, anyone with slight knowledge on footballers, can see Swift is twice the player Holloway is.
6. Was given a good budget and signed players everyone new couldnt or wouldnt play with their hearts, Peta, Morrison.
7. He should have known the problem areas that needed sorting in the team from last year,but alas they remain the same.
8. Teams read us like a book and he hasnt the tactical nouse to sort it out.
9. Tactical knowledge non excistent.
10. He thinks we have one of the best back four in league 1, but if they are how come we have given so many goals away due to school boy defending.
11. He gave up on the play-offs with seven games to go last year.
12. He cannot motivate his players.
13. He cant get them fired up and willing to get stuck in.
14. Shows total lack of awareness on what certain players strengths and weaknesses are.
15. He hasnt got the strength to make big decisions on certain players who are out of form.

I can not think of any positives hes achieved.Please dont say we were in admin and he kept us up,thats crap.Any half decent manager would have kept us up last year with the players we had,but a good manager wouldnt have given up on the play-offs and would have had the players fighting for every ball till the end.So that cant be used as a positive.
Positives

1. Several good signings include, Bridge-Wilkinson, Cooke, Schumacher, Ricketts, Henderson, etc add to that the loan signings of Adebola and Taylor and you will see it's more than two good signings.
2. Got rid of Jason Gavin and decided to play Mark Bower.
3. Lets get this right Todd has received no budget and has signed players the caliber listed above.
4. Is Wetherhall a bad captain? Motivation should not only come from the Manager but from the Captain would you agree?
5. Jimmy most of your points are the same point repeated over several points.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
May be Thorney,but they all apply in different scenarios.Ricketts good emmm,Cooke runs all over the pitch and works hard,but hes a striker and hasnt scored for 13 games.Shoemaker dont rate him at all in and out of games all the time.Thorney i know Todd was given a good budget,so dont try to tell ya grandma how to suck eggs when it comes to citys finances mate.I know a heel of a lot about citys finances.If you look back on the old message board you will find a thread on the eve of admin written by arrogant boys,that was me and as ive posted on here before JP was ordered to find out who i was,as i new to much and they were getting egg on their faces,as the truth was being revealed.I said last night to Chuckle that i would post the true reasons for the 1st admin,and not one muppet on here can tell me it isnt right,because most of them here stories third hand and had a bit.

G
Positives:
He can dance 'The Hustle'.
He's got nice hair.
He was and Engerland defender.
He took Bloton to the premier soccer league.
He has that quaint georgie-ish accent.
He does a great mannequin impersonation on the touchline.
He knows a bad player when he picks one.
He persuaded Windass to sign up for his pension.
He winds Jimmy up.
He taught his midfield to do the 'moon walk'.
Before he motivated Morrison, Summerbee and Petta they were all cryogenically dead.
Did I mention he has nice hair?

'I'm never wrong fool'

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
jimmy said:
Thorney i know Todd was given a good budget,so dont try to tell ya grandma how to suck eggs when it comes to citys finances mate.I know a heel of a lot about citys finances.If you look back on the old message board you will find a thread on the eve of admin written by arrogant boys,that was me and as ive posted on here before JP was ordered to find out who i was,as i new to much and they were getting egg on their faces,as the truth was being revealed.I said last night to Chuckle that i would post the true reasons for the 1st admin,and not one muppet on here can tell me it isnt right,because most of them here stories third hand and had a bit.
You do blow alot of wind Jimmy i will give you that fella;) ...Stop bigging yourself up without actually proving or saying anything other than "i know this i know that"...

Spit it fookin out or ffs just invest in a dummy mate:D

Get my drift oh boring one... Now shit or get off the pot Jimmy;) :D

G
Positives - generally the back 4 of Edghill , Taylor , Bower and Wethers has looked pretty good and we have only conceeded 9 league goals In 9 games .

Include cup games and It reads 13 In 10 games .

Goals for = 11 from 9 or 17 from 11 If Incuding cup games.

Not relegation form by any means.

Negatives - Love affair with Holloway at the expense of Swift.
Dodgy substitutions.

Fate : has played a part again with us losing Schumacher for a few games - and yes Ed he Is one hell of a midfield player with bags of energy to get up and down the park.
Again In MBW , we have lost our most creative player with this niggly knee Injury.

Overall : No reason to question managers position , we should be aiming at the mid to long term picture as the objective , and yes we need to push for the play offs this season as getting back to the Championship would give finances a big boost , even though we would be among the favourites to come straight back down again.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
KirkleesMafia said:
Positives - generally the back 4 of Edghill , Taylor , Bower and Wethers has looked pretty good and we have only conceeded 9 league goals In 9 games .

Include cup games and It reads 13 In 10 games .

Goals for = 11 from 9 or 17 from 11 If Incuding cup games.

Not relegation form by any means.

Negatives - Love affair with Holloway at the expense of Swift.
Dodgy substitutions.

Fate : has played a part again with us losing Schumacher for a few games - and yes Ed he Is one hell of a midfield player with bags of energy to get up and down the park.
Again In MBW , we have lost our most creative player with this niggly knee Injury.

Overall : No reason to question managers position , we should be aiming at the mid to long term picture as the objective , and yes we need to push for the play offs this season as getting back to the Championship would give finances a big boost , even though we would be among the favourites to come straight back down again.
No good posts only come along every so often and that Kirklees is one of em...;)

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
I GET MY INFORMATION FROM THE HORSES MOUTH NOT THIRD HAND,LIKE THE MUPPETS ON HERE.I THINK EVEN YOU CAN GRASP THE CONCEPT OF NOT GRASSING YOUR SOURCE UP.I am only the messenger and as history has proved the messenger always gets it.I myself dont give two hoots wether you believe or not,but in the end im always proved right.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
jimmy said:
I GET MY INFORMATION FROM THE HORSES MOUTH NOT THIRD HAND,LIKE THE MUPPETS ON HERE.I THINK EVEN YOU CAN GRASP THE CONCEPT OF NOT GRASSING YOUR SOURCE UP.I am only the messenger and as history has proved the messenger always gets it.I myself dont give two hoots wether you believe or not,but in the end im always proved right.
Jimmy, I know who really shot JFK... I do honestly, but im not telling you how i know, who told me or any facts relating to anything im saying i know... But i know alright...

FPMSFL...

Its hard not to be proved right when al you do or say is agreeing with other like minded individuals and ending with "IM RIGHT COS I AM AND I KNOW IT ALL COS I DO"

You are hardly a man full of riveting facts either if your boast is true mate. You know what happend (allegedly) with Richmond and the Administrations... So fookin what ... Move on, its of no relevance whatsoever to the club now. BB posted most of the info over the years ive been on these boards. So its hardly top fookin secret info...

So once again mate either spill the beans to what you think you know that is soooooooo mind bogglingly interesting or please stop going on about absolutely Roger Irrelevant nonsence.

Dont take this as a go at you as its not Jimmy its just that your argument of I know best as i know all the secret secret stuff about the Club is in reality a claim thats worthless...

May 21, 2005
jimmy said:
As you all know,i am not a fan of Colin Todd and want him sacked.I have had some stick and abuse about my thoughts,so i have decided to find out peoples positives and negatives about Colin Todd.
So if you are a fan of Colin Todd or dont want him sacked,then post what positive achievments hes got or brought to the club.
1.two good signings the rest of them garbage.
2.Cannot make decisions on substitutions,leaves it till its too late.
3.When he does make substitutions,he brings the wrong players off.
4.Plays players in unfamiliar posistions.
5.Gives players a shirt even though they have proved each game how bad they are.ie:Holloway in front of Swift,anyone with slight knowledge on footballers,can see Swift is twice the player Holloway is.
6.Was given a good budget and signed players everyone new couldnt or wouldnt play with their hearts,Peta,Morrison.
7.He should have known the problem areas that needed sorting in the team from last year,but alas they remain the same.
8.Teams read us like a book and he hasnt the tactical nouse to sort it out.
9.Tactical knowledge non excistent.
10.He thinks we have one of the best back four in league 1,but if they are how come we have given so many goals away due to school boy defending.
11.He gave up on the play-offs with seven games to go last year.
12 .He cannot motivate his players.
13.He cant get them fired up and willing to get stuck in.
14.Shows total lack of awareness on what certain players strengths and weaknesses are.
15.He hasnt got the strength to make big decisions on certain players who are out of form.
Change the record Jimmy for fooks sake

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Why you bringing th past up queer? You made your point before! :D

ERN

C&B Member
Jan 18, 2007
has our colin started bringing his mates down from the north east to play for us? or is he preparing his squad for the division below us at this moment in time.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Two years on and its got far worse than the Todd lovers could have ever imagined.
I think i have been proved right again.tup:

Que Baldy,who points out the statistics of a mid-table finish and 60 points.

wykie

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
has our colin started bringing his mates down from the north east to play for us? or is he preparing his squad for the division below us at this moment in time.
yep preparing us for division 4. That's where I started is that where I should get off?tdwn:

May 18, 2005
Two years on and its got far worse than the Todd lovers could have ever imagined.
I think i have been proved right again.tup:

Que Baldy,who points out the statistics of a mid-table finish and 60 points.
What exactly have you been proved right on then?

For the bulk of last season you were predicting relegation and Todd being sacked - if anyone has egg on their face based on their predictions it's you. You can't even calculate dates correctly - it's not even 18 months since your initial post, never mind 2 years.

I still think we will stay up, but if we do go down then a large part of the reason will be because the chairman allowed the best players in the team to leave half way through the season, and that's out of Todd's control.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
What exactly have you been proved right on then?

For the bulk of last season you were predicting relegation and Todd being sacked - if anyone has egg on their face based on their predictions it's you. You can't even calculate dates correctly - it's not even 18 months since your initial post, never mind 2 years.

I still think we will stay up, but if we do go down then a large part of the reason will be because the chairman allowed the best players in the team to leave half way through the season, and that's out of Todd's control.
Yes i did predict we would go down under Todd last season and if he hadnt thrown the kids in we might have.However i have always said the only place Todd will take us is down.Best players? Windass was playing awful before he left and i forget the stats but they werent that bad without him.JJ was hit and miss one brilliant game then 3 average games and two players dont make a team.

May 18, 2005
If you keep on repeating the same thing long enough, then you'll probably end up being right at least once eventually. That's the nature of football - most teams suffer relegations at some point and most teams sack their managers at some point.

That doesn't make you some kind of football genius - even a broken clock is right twice a day. The trick is to predict it in the season when it happens, not to predict it every season without fail.

So far, you've been wrong one season and I've been right one season - that's 1-0 to me. If we stay up this season that's 2-0 to me. If we then went down the following season with us both still predicting the same I'd still have beaten you 2-1 in predictions.

Even if we go down this season that's still only 1-1 in terms of accuracy - you aren't any kind of predictive genius, you're just being negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.