Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Convincing performance tonight like it or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
Like it or not it was a convincing performance tonight. A good team performance and a fair few chances.

Walsall were closed down and restricted extremely well....did they have a proper shot on goal all game bar a mix up between our own players and Ricketts?

Cadders played well but MOM definitely has to go to Bridge Wilkinson Smythe who looks like he's getting match fit and back to his best.

Petta did decent enough to warrant another start, Kearney werent too bad either. On the evidence of todays game i'd play the same team against Scunthorpe.

Unless of course we have any new signing by then...no doubt Todd will be looking to add to the squad in January (please be Chopra and Piper) and if he makes two quality signings then it will turn the entire season around.

Lets not play down todays game, we outplayed Walsall and made them look sh*t....up yours Paul Merson :D

Poulton

C&B Member
Aug 25, 2005
Bradford
Good performance, i personally thought Petta played like he usually does. What are the chances of Todd making 2 quality signings? The chances are he wont.
I dont think we will see Chopra here, He improve most championship sides.

Good to be winning again, hopefully it will last more than one game!

Like It or not, I ALWAYS wan't City to win, it makes me :D !
Only scenario I'd cheer an opponents goal/s is if it sent L**ds or H*dders down:D
CTs still shite, just probably take another few games to get rid!:mad:

G
At the end of the day as ive said before its always up and down with Todd, we are never going to lose 5 league games on the bounce to get him sacked, we'll win/draw a couple and lose a couple, it will be enough to keep him here whilst at least the end of the season.

If he turns it around with a couple of good signings and we make the playoffs then ill back him, if we carry on going win, draw, loss, loss, draw, loss, loss, win all year then i'd want to respectfully want to get rid.

G
Todd said today after the match that to bring in new faces in January he'll have to get rid of a couple of players.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
'Like it or not it was a convincing performance tonight. A good team performance and a fair few chances.'

What game were you watching dbx? The second half was the most mind numbingly boring, miserable, 45 minutes of football I have seen at VP this season. Can you remember us having a shot at goal??? because I can't. Honestly, I bet the top six are bricking it! :(

G
Solid performance, but I can't get too excited about it 'cos Walsall were abject.

2 good goals, Bridge-Wilko forced 1 save in the 2nd half and that's about it.

G
'What game were you watching dbx? The second half was the most mind numbingly boring, miserable, 45 minutes of football I have seen at VP this season. Can you remember us having a shot at goal??? because I can't. Honestly, I bet the top six are bricking it!'

Were you sloshed watching the second half Loyalish, which game were you watching more like?

I remember a few chances in the second half, there was Cadamarteri's shot for starters that trickled wide, Bridge Wilkinsons shot that span over the bar, Bridge Wilkinsons shot early in the second half that forced the keeper to make a fantastic save, there was one from Petta where the keeper had to make a save, there was another couple of long range efforts...

That entire game was like watching Brazil compared to 99% of the sh*t we've seen at Valley Parade this season. Only MK Dons was better!

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well I didn't go, but I trust my man's assessment of the game.............

better performance, Cadders was MOM, Petta did ok, Kearney showing signs he is getting back to his best, likewise MBW. Like Loyalish says, second half we didn't do enough, no signs of us giving a team a good pasting, and we were in prime position to do that in the second half. Not enough people eager to get in the box. Windass played well, put in some superb passes, couldn't hit a barn door from ten paces at the moment.

Came home with a smile on his face, and that hasn't happened in a long time.

May 21, 2005
Loyalish2 said:
'Like it or not it was a convincing performance tonight. A good team performance and a fair few chances.'

What game were you watching dbx? The second half was the most mind numbingly boring, miserable, 45 minutes of football I have seen at VP this season. Can you remember us having a shot at goal??? because I can't. Honestly, I bet the top six are bricking it! :(
Just how much did you drink during half time Loyal? Yes the second half wasn't brilliant but would you rather we kept it solid and still making the odd venture forward, or keep on attacking and get caught to two counter attacking goals. Sheesh...some people... :mad:

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
some on here are off their trolleys , sounded dire in the 2nd half and Walsall were poorer than poor , Merson was spot on when he said City did not have to play well to beat his non performing outfit.
Top 6 lol ! , yeah whatever , we'll see what happens against Brentford first.

May 21, 2005
Hate Todd as much as you like but he WILL NOT take us down, no matter how bad it gets we will not go down with him in charge, £50 quid says he won't get us relegated...

You sound just like the prat sat just behind me in the upper of the KOP, before his goal everytime Petta got the ball it was "come on do something you tosser" "come on then you wanker do something". Then when Petta scored it was "ooohhhh look at that...magic". Then when his bum boy Muirhead came on with five minutes to go he was all smiles.

It seems some people can't appreciate flair players, Petta is never going to be someone who chases the ball and puts in a full blooded challenge, but he is someone who with the right motivation can change games with his skill (see Summerbee last season with his crossing, who incidentally wasn't liked because he too didn't run all over the pitch, we'll overlook he created about 15 goals for Windass shall we). I'd much rather have Petta on the field than the headless chicken that is Muirhead who quite frankly can only dream as being as good.

May 21, 2005
You not accepting the bet then? Thats strange...

What a load of bollocks, I can compare who the hell I like. Lets see: both wingers, both take/took a lot of abuse from the crowd for not putting in the effort, neither of them look like their bothered, both flair players as opposed to running round like a wanker not doing anything (see Muirhead)

They are almost identical in their styles albeit Summerbee was an awesome crosser whilst Petta has far more in his locker skill wise. The fact you cannot stand Petta (and I seem to remember you were one of the Summerbee haters too) reflects your expectations of football. Lets have a team of muirheads running round shall we, that'll make for a successful team :rolleyes:

Ok here's my two peneth for what it's worth;)

City won't get relegated under CT, like Dbantex say's, we'll stutter through the season in mid-table:mad:
If that's the ambition's of this club & their supporters then fair enough but i'd like to think we had aspiration's as a club, higher than that?

Petta Is either World class(Walsall) or a complete waster(Oldham) to compare him with Summerbee is a joke!
Summerbee worked harder than most people give him credit for, supplied a constant supply of quality crosses(mainly for Deano) & probably had a "Off" game every 4 games or so where as Petta as a "Good" game in every 4!!!
BTW BAP, BeerBantam was a supporter of Summerbee I think you'll find;)

Last night we beat a Walsall team who like us at Oldham (first half) didn't turn up or play for their manager!

BAP, If your so confident of CTs ability, I'll wage you a £50 bet that CT doesn't ever take us up;)

May 21, 2005
Thats not what I said, I've never said Todd will take us up, because I don't think he will. Theres no way he'll get us relegated however, which is why I offered Beerbantam to put his money where his mouth is as he seems so sure we will. Strangely enough I've had no response. :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

(btw...Petta...World Class?? Now thats a joke! :D)

I think even Beerbantam realises Todd wont take us down this season, maybe he's referring to next?:confused:

RE; Petta, he's the most frustrating player City have had in years, he's got bucket loads of skill, can beat 3 or 4 men easily but he seldom "turn's up" for games!:mad:
I said when we signed him in the summer that he could be the player to get us out off this division, another Beagrie, but he really makes my blood boil with some of the lazy, un-interested displays he's put in this season.
Then again, maybe another manager could get him & the rest of the team to "turn up" more often?;)

May 21, 2005
"Big up this result up as much as you like Dbantex but it is only prolonging the inevitable(Todd has to be sacked or he will take us down)" :rolleyes:

This season or next Todd will not take us down, he more than likely won't take us up either however.

£50 quid...Todd won't take us down this season or next...I won't be expecting an acceptance any time soon :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
beerbantam said:
i may be mistaken but our league position before yesterdays game was the lowest in 15 years was it not?? You happy with that?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Worth logging in just to read that ffs... That stat is one of the most bone ive ever read to try make a point...

Todd with all his failings is still racking up enough points to hit the play offs or just miss em...

That is with al the under performing that has gone on... We will be there or there abouts again this season of that i am in no doubt whatsoever....

As you lot have been wishing the doom gods down on us weekly i have said all along its a marathon not a sprint and the key is to keep in touch..We are and have done that without the rub of the green...

The season is still there for the taking as is the Play offs... Whether Todd is the man for the next tier is another thing altogether, but i reckon he is the man to get us out of this one....

Lets see whos right cometh the end of the season......:D

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
Does being in the forces make it easy for you to be a smarmy smart arse? :)

I'm not sure where we will be come the end of the season with CT in charge - he's got JR twisted round his little finger with a fixed contract that has 4 years or so left - why the need to reward this manager with a deal of that length ?

It's all bollocks at VP anyway - with lots of little chiefs running the show - let's hope Etherington gets the ok to take a yard broom to them !

Dr Wisey said:
It's all bollocks at VP anyway - with lots of little chiefs running the show - let's hope Etherington gets the ok to take a yard broom to them !
Well he's made a good start with them dancing babe's:D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.