Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Council assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Reading about Deano and the boot thing reminded me during the trauma of admin when we asked for the council to help - we were told it could only be limited and the bulls received some assistance because of their work in the community.

Since then BCFC have become more involved in the community and had more publicity - but what assistance is the council now making to help us back on to our feet and to be able to move forward.

Is any one party to any info - of what they are doing or any proposals?

Are any of the supporters groups working with the councils or putting pressure on to get further assistance?

Cheers

G
there's a few down at VP with Inflated ego's and opinions - one more reason why I did not apply for the Commercial Manager vacancy readvertised - I prefer to stay a supporter and be able to have some freedom of speech .
Long time no see SFB - get yourself down to the next Kirklees Bantams meeting - planned for early In the season - too many holidays at the moment to organise anything.

May 20, 2005
Superfatbantam said:
You love him really, Dave!

:D :D

He's actually a quite nice dude Mark. He did his stand up (lol) at a Shippers Meeting and came across very well and was decent enough to give up his time. Personally I am sceptical about how much of it is genuine support and how much is political agenda with him and the timing of his original "do feck all in the community" remarks were ill made and made at a frighteningly dangerous time, which given your role at the time you must agree with??

TSSB

C&B Member
Jun 6, 2005
South Shields
The council's view in bradford on sport is dismal, from what i've seen and heard is appaling from a city the size of bradford, we have one profesional football club and a rugby team that plays in a reformed rubbish dump, what sort of vision do bradford council have for sport

Superfatbantam

Former Modfather
C&B Member
Jul 8, 2005
In exile
www.webteams.co.uk
ChuckleBantam said:
Personally I am sceptical about how much of it is genuine support and how much is political agenda with him and the timing of his original "do feck all in the community" remarks were ill made and made at a frighteningly dangerous time, which given your role at the time you must agree with??
Yes I do agree and did at the time, however, credit where it's due I believe Mr Ward did take action and didn't just stand back and sling mud which would have been the easy thing to do. Personally even if there is a political swing I think what he is and has been doing since rolling his sleeves up and getting his hands dirty is admirable - I am sure he played a part in the Yorkshire First sponsorship.

Re the council's overall approach to the Club, IMHO nothing major will happen overnight and I am pretty certain it has been a big part of the new Board's agenda. It is likely to happen slowly and I think the Club should look atr influencing the Bradford Vision agenda and be a hub of the much talked about redevelopment of Manningham. I can see the Council having some involvement in the long term but not immediately - the best way for them to be involved and the best way to get them involved would be through any sort of community schemes in keeping with their targets re children's health, reduction in crime etc. Maybe this will pan out through the supporters' groups which must be having an effect on the bringing together of communities. I cannot see the Council throwing any money at the Club unless it is through a joint scheme which benefits them as well.

May 20, 2005
I agree to you to some degree. I'm going to watch with interest the Councillor's involvment now another unsuccessful General Election has come and gone for him.

Vis a Vis the community thing, to try fill VP or at least make it more full I think the club has to target folk who have already been to VP in the past. It's no use going out and fruitlessly trying to involve people or organisations that have shown no previous interest. The Premier League Fly By Nights would be my first targets. At least they have shown an interest to a point. Better than banging heads against a wall trying to involve folk who have never been interested on some pc vote winning crusade when it just aint going to happen.

In reaching out to the community to try and encourage more people to attend games, the club should look after their existing and loyalest customers first and foremost then target GENUINLEY potential customers with initiatives to get them through the gates on Matchdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.