Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cows Arse and a Banjo! - Who is City's worst striker in recent History?

Who's City's worst Striker in recent history?

• John Taylor

Votes: 39 100.0%
  • John McGinley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ashley Ward

• Jorge Cadette

• Eric Regtop

• Bruno Rodriguez

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Please vote for the worse, as it is quite hard to pick one way or the other you may vote for more than one "Striker".

If I've missed any let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Costello

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Its unfair to label John Taylor our worst striker, he took some time to settle at the club but his excellent build up play allowed Jagger to grab a boatload of goals in the early part of the 94/95 season. He never gave up even when the fans were on his back, and he had a purple patch in December and January of that season. He would have got better, but was alledgedly moved on by the Ayatollah for some, erm, "outspoken views" was the term that was used at the time.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Am I right in thinking we signed John Taylor from Bristol City at the same time Marcus Stewart was playing for them, our scout picked the wrong guy out in my opinion.

G

cibasteve said:
Don't think we can really vote on Cadette or Bruno Rod..what's his name as they were only at VP for a short time.
My vote goes to that waste of space McGinley.
McGinley wasn't here long was he?

G

Yeah I know, we paid something like £600,000 for him. But he wasn't here for long as far as I can remember.

May 20, 2005
Ward is the worse we've ever had, full stop. Not prolific or any good as a footballer. All that holds the ball up well, good back to the goal striker shit was just that; Shit! similar excuses trotted out for Carthorse Conlon week in week out.

Conlon is and never has been a footballer either, even at this level he looks about ten leagues out of his depth. Sadly, ten leagues out of their depth is all that Rhodes and Lawn will pay for, hence the deteriation in our league position every season since Rhodes got his hands on the club.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
Chuck - Conlons career stats don't back up what you feel about Conlon - he's on nearly 100 goals now from around 350 appearances - he's at his maximum level ability wise maybe - but he's made a decent living i bet - not bad really.

Feb 23, 2007
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
How about Mick Mchugh? He scored a couple of goals but his body strength make David Brown look like a heavyweight boxer.

For me the worst 2 were Ashley Ward and John Mcginley. I think both just came to VP to take the piss. Looking back i can see why they signed Ward, he was a regular goal scorer and had a good reputation (remember the hat-trick he scored for Norwich against us in the coca cola cup) it was just he played poorly for us for one reason or another (the rest of the team was totally sh*te too). John Mcginley was a major mistake, at the time i couldn't believe we paid so much for a near 34 year old, i think Bolton did us big time. He was blatantly unfit and just didn't put the effort in. One of my best mates in a Bolton fan and can't understand why i hated him so much because to him Mcginley had hero status, but he was a totally different player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.