Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CTs comments & his failures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made me laugh reading CTs post match comments on the WBA game.
He ranted about the impact Kanu made when he come on after 60 mins, yet he seem reluctant to give our subs a decent run-out in a game where we were been beaten 4-1!
Has anyone ever told him he too can substitute more than one player a game?
By all accounts Holloway had yet another howler yet CT persists in playing his love child whenever the opportunity arises.
Saturday he had a outburst against some of the VP crowd, last night it was Tim Thornton who copped the wrath of Todd, when will he realise the buck stops with him?
His team, his tactics, his signings, HIS FAULT!!!!!
I didn't expect us to beat the Baggies, after all they are a Premiership team, but he's making the same mistakes week after week FFS.
I said after saturdays game if he cant reverse our teams fortunes get out, let someone have a go who will TRY to improve our home performances, instead of someone who's HOPING they will change.
If people blame it on the absence of MBW then it's a rather sorry state of affairs that we rely on one player to win games!
Those who think fan's should be happy to settle for mid table mediocrity or lower, do the board feel the same? I doubt it after turning that 400k down for Deano, it shows me the board want PROMOTION, why else did they turn down Wigan's offer?

G
'Those who think fan's should be happy to settle for mid table mediocrity or lower, do the board feel the same? I doubt it after turning that 400k down for Deano, it shows me the board want PROMOTION, why else did they turn down Wigan's offer?'

Indeed the board want promotion as i remember reading a rather odd report in pre-season. Julian Rhodes said before the start of the season that he was looking forward to a playoff push at least if not more and a push for automatic promotion.

When this was mentioned to Todd before the Hartlepool game he said something along the lines of:

'Well me and Mr. Rhodes are different people...it would be great if we made the playoffs but i would see one point more than last season as an improvement of sorts.'

Whats more odd though is that they are constantly trumpeting how great a manager Todd is and how Julian Rhodes thinks he will be with us until 2008.

We seem to be getting mixed signals from the board, however Julian Rhodes has made clear his ambition to make this club a top 10 Premiership team one day...seems like Julian has desperately been trying to work out some way Todd can bring in 8 players in pre-season by putting in more money of his own (i guess) and scrambling through loose change to give to Todd hoping that the team will at least make or very nearly make the playoffs.

After all the effort which must have gone in to raise this money for extra wages i dont think Julian will take to it too kindly if it has all gone to waste.

My feelings are that while he does back Colin Todd and is praying that he is the one to take us up to the Championship if we finish any lower than last season then the axe will fall. If we finish any lower than last season and the axe does not fall...well i'll have my doubts about renewing my season ticket as im sure 99% of City season ticker holders will.

Finishing lower than last year proves we are going backwards and with players like Wetherall and Windass looking like they might not quite go on for much longer one wonders whether Todd has a managerial ability to bring in adequate replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.