Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CTs new striker.......revealed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This may stop certain posters on here who wont be happy till we sign a striker from the land of the giants! :D

We need a striker who can HOLD the ball up, doesn't mean he has to be 7ft, a small powerfull guy could well be the answer to our problems!

We do have a problem holding the ball up against so-called bigger centre halfs, still doesn't mean we need a fricking giant!

Mark Leonard used to hold the ball up superbly by using his big ar/se to put space between him & his marker, yet he wasn't 6ft 7" or whatever.

G
In what way are they perfect?

Two are powerful strikers neither of which can be described as good at scoring with their head from crosses and one is a small dumpy quick striker with glass legs :D

May 18, 2005
Perhaps your glass is half empty and mine is half full, i prefer to remain positive and quite frankly the level of moaning already on all the City message boards is starting to worry me. I think people are writing Cooke off way too early as far as goal scoring is concerned. Also Deano got 28 goals last season and i dont care how he scores them, off his knee chest or ass they all count and if he gets anywhere near 20-25 ill be happy if cooke and cadders weigh in with 10 each which i think they will you are on to a winner. Dont forget you have Wethers and Bower to come up for set pieces.

I may be wrong but i dont remember Hull, Luton or Wendy having tall strikers and they did ok last season.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Striker

Was it Howard for Luton - he looked over 6 foot?

Anyway Benitez is obvously in the "tall camp" - he has signed Crouch.

I just think a taller striker who is useful with his head and can hold the ball up will give us options -tatically, more likely to get flick ons for the other striker and midfield to run on to, at cormers and free kicks for us will mean we are not as predictable in aimimg for wethers. defensively it helps too against there big defenders in the box. I always though Quinn and Phillips combo caused us all sorts of problems at VP.

Whether we can find or afford a striker like that I doubt.

May 18, 2005
Bantam Of The Opera said:
I may be wrong but i dont remember Hull, Luton or Wendy having tall strikers and they did ok last season.
Thank god i put that, your right Briggus he was 6' 3", but my point still stands i think the three we have are good enough to get us up. I see the point about a "hitman" offering us different options but if we get on well enough without one, we dont need one.

May 21, 2005
Dbantx said:
In what way are they perfect?

Two are powerful strikers neither of which can be described as good at scoring with their head from crosses and one is a small dumpy quick striker with glass legs :D
Have you forgotten the numerous times Summerbee crossed for Windass to score (with his head)?

Status
Not open for further replies.