Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Current Finances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I think it's more than a coincidence that this piece appears in the program just a week after a letter with details of a 25 year ticket proposal has been sent out, it looks like it's to put pressure on the 25 year ticket holders to accept the deal on the table, but that is just my conspiracy theory

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
He is just laying out the position for us. The majority of realised that there was no spare cash, and that the club will have to generate more funds. Football is in decline in my view, and therefore will need to find new ways of attracking fans to the stadia.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
http://www.bradfordcityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10266~718752,00.html?

Thats got to be rubbish though Johnny as my mate Jimmy told this MB that he knows everything to do with this and he says we are clear of debt 100%...

JR is obviously lying here... No way would Jimmy make that kinda thing up.. After all he knows everything that goes on behind the scene and even Inspector JP of the yard was tailing him to reveal his identity to the worried owners...

Nah thats rubbish... You didnt lie did you Jimbo... Say it isnt sooooooooooooooo!!!!!!:( :(

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
Maybe that bridgade that keep saying we are debt free and have money to splash about now will go back under the stone. Loosing £1 million is a large to make back and Mr Rhodes is once again bailing the club out with his own money again.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
beerbantam said:
Playing decent football at home would be a step in the right direction!!
you wouldn't get me arguing with that. At the end of the day it is entertainment, and it will need to do that in order to bring back fans, not to mention winning games!!!

G
The Rhodes family are no fools and i get the distinct feeling from that article that we are seeing some grand plan of Julians unfolding.

The free entry for u11's, Bradford City museum, commercial activity, the renting out of office spaces.

I cant recall us doing so much in the community and so much communication with the fans for years.

IF we make the playoffs, regardless of whether we gain promotion or not then i think we will see the boards plan to really get going and the feel good factor will return. However if its another season of midtable i think our finances may suffer once more.

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
I was hoping that soon after exiting administration various local companies etc. might have offered sponsorship deals to the club.

However, a general attitude of indifference and apathy still largely remains towards the club in both business and fan support.

This has perhaps made this first year since administration a little more difficult than Julian and Co would have wished.

It is disappointing, though somewhat understandable taking into account the past few years, and this trend will take a while to change.
As proven in the earlier years of Geoffrey Richmonds stewerdship of the club, the fan base is there, with success on the pitch and a positive progression of the club been the crux of crowd increases and sponsorship deals.

The fortunes of the club both on and off the pitch had certainly hit rock bottom and we are again on the up, albiet just off the floor.

A little like, last year we were in a lifeboat without oars heading towards the rocks, we now have the oars and are struggling against the tide towards the
beach.

I agree to an certain extent with Thorney, that Julians statement
is probably timed with the announcement of the offer to the 25 year brigade, and also was promted by questions of the clubs finances on the OMB.
However, I do believe wholeheartedly that Julians programme notes about our current financial state are 100% true.

In his notes JR also states that the clubs wage budget is "Average" for this division, not "one of the lowest" as some "Doom merchants" on this board have been saying!

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Parrot said:
In his notes JR also states that the clubs wage budget is "Average" for this division, not "one of the lowest" as some "Doom merchants" on this board have been saying!
So something like....

Wages in line with wage cap.

Goal + clean sheet bonus

Top quality car for the better players...

Penthouse accommadation

May 20, 2005
We'll get this every year as long as the boardroom consits of the buffoons, incompetents ond conmen that it does now. Not a football brain or a track record of sucess in the sport between em. Methinks this is nothing more than an indicator that yet another scheme to wrench the shilling from the fans' fingers is just around the corner. Sad thing is, the majority of fans will fall for it, cos Junior can tell us owt he wants knowing that gullibleness is not in short supply in the stands at VP.

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
Thorney said:
I think it's more than a coincidence that this piece appears in the program just a week after a letter with details of a 25 year ticket proposal has been sent out, it looks like it's to put pressure on the 25 year ticket holders to accept the deal on the table, but that is just my conspiracy theory

Sorry to rain on ur parade guys but JR is being truthful ! nothing to do with the 25 year s/t's.

Hope I dont get into bother for sayin that !!

May 18, 2005
This is pretty much confirmation that the company lost all it's debt with the administration scenario last year.

The problem is not historical debt, it is the fact that we are currently still not profitable - that's what 'while some of this relates to previous debts, most of it is a trading issue' means.

I'd like to bet that the 'some of this relates to previous debts' bit is talking about the income lost due to 25 year season ticket holders. That is the only bit of holdover debt the club will have left.

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
ChuckleBantam said:
Well, lets hope Matty Etherington's dad knows his onions, else Junior might make it third time lucky!
Im confident JR has chosen the rite one in PE ! he really seems to know his stuff.

We do however still need to help in any way we can, whether it be by draggin friends along to games,buying pies etc, buying merchandise and all the usual which will help the club !!

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Tonyd emmmmmmmmm.You all said Citys wage bill was the or one of the lowest in the League.Emmmmmm JR says its average,well its in the top seven in this Division.As for JR saying City will lose £1m this year.Well £300000 of that goes to GG,then there is the new contracts and signing on fees,that were struck during pre-season.EMMMMMMMM add to that JR turning £400k down for Windass and then offering him a good 2 year contract.The club might make a loss of £1m this year,but it will be an operating loss,which over all will be recouped from other areas,its called juggling the figures.Hes up to announcing something big.Like maybe in a month or two announcing hes paid GG off and the ground is back in the ownership of BCFC.But i know this we arnt in the shit yet. :rolleyes: .He stated we need crowds of 7500 to break even,then says we will make a loss of £1m this year.So whats changed in 2 months??? Not alot really,because if he didnt think the club could not afford that loss he would have halfed it by getting rid of Windass.:p

May 20, 2005
panther said:
We do however still need to help in any way we can, whether it be by draggin friends along to games,buying pies etc, buying merchandise and all the usual which will help the club !!
Or maybe our Vice Chairman could stump up a bit of tangible investment??

Status
Not open for further replies.