Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Deano has now earned the title legendary in my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
He also has my respect.

There have been times when i have critisized him, like his needless sendings off and backchat to the referee. When he even considered moving to Darlington and i have often doubted his loyalty. Before yesterday i always thought that he could not really be classed as a legend unless he showed proven loyalty towards the club.

However in making the decision to stay it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he does love it here. By giving up his last chance to have another crack of the whip at the Premiership and a hefty salary which would ensure him a very wealthy retirement in order to make his family happy and to carry on playing for this club it shows the kind of commitment i always hoped he had.

So let him play out his last professional football days here and then put him in the hall of fame. Windass is one of those very original players and characters that you rarely get and i dont think we'll get another one like him for a long time.

I think he was a City Legend before this weeks events, but surely now even more!
Lets hope the club dont treat him as badly as they did Jakes when Deano ends his playing career!

G
On the subject of a possible new deal for Windass I have a feeling they have learned their lesson with Stuart McCall after they released him claiming his legs had gone, i think Deano could play at least some part in our squad until he is 39-40 you know.

Aug 23, 2005
Bradford, UK
Dbantx said:
On the subject of a possible new deal for Windass I have a feeling they have learned their lesson with Stuart McCall after they released him claiming his legs had gone, i think Deano could play at least some part in our squad until he is 39-40 you know.
I think he will play untill he can't walk, he loves City. The fans should give him a real good reception at VP tomorrow.

I wouldnt put him in with the Legends anymore, not after the horror tackle against Bournemouth and his remarks about not wanting to play for us in the 4th division.

Still a great player though who i'd certainly welcome back with open arms!

bcfcrt

C&B Member
Feb 15, 2007
windass reckons he will be city manager within the next 2 seasons and tht mccall will retire, his words.

Apr 24, 2007
Rumour doing the rounds is that if Hull get promotion he will be back at City on a Pay as you Play contract with a coaching role attached.

Rumour Rating 6/10

May 19, 2005
In a House, In Thornton-by-the-Sea
Rumour doing the rounds is that if Hull get promotion he will be back at City on a Pay as you Play contract with a coaching role attached.

Rumour Rating 6/10
Why would a player clearly doing the business at the top of the championship drop down to league 2?

i dont know who rates your rumours, but are they dead?

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
Deano comes to most of our home games, when Hull arent playing... so why not have him come back - we should never have got rid of him in the first place imo..

May 21, 2005
Eccleshill
Rumour Rating 6/10
Windass is contracted to Hull until 2009, therefore IF Hull wanted to release Dean, for him to agree to re-join us I imagine he'd expect a proper 12month contract and not pay as you play.

I'm sure Dean feels he has another season in him and he is still regularly turning out at Hull.

Even if he was available Stu may feel he wants a younger man to fill the strikers shirt, however I personally feel Stu would welcome Windass back with open arms.

Rumour rating 1/10

May 20, 2005
however I personally feel Stu would welcome Windass back with open arms.
Given he was sold against his wishes, I'd go along with that.

Interesting point mentioned in the T&A last night. There isn't a promotion clause in the Sell ons from City in the Windass deal. Given that Hull are the form team going into the run in, they are only a point from the automatic places and Deanos goals are helping them along nicely, you have to say, that City once more are looking to be undone by having a Fuckwit Chairman like Julian Rhodes making these kind of decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.