Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Deja Vous????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling with City that we've "been in this season before!"
In fact I'd even say "96" was a vintage year in the history of BCFC.
A lot of people knock Lennie Lawrence, & rightly so but theres no doubting he brought the players to the club that were the foundation of the great Wembley win!
In the same way i think CT has assembled a squad that is worthy of promotion, unfortunately he doesn't appear to be the man who can get the best out of our squad.
I bet someone with the motivational skills of Chris Kamara or Trevor Cherry could take this set of players & mould them into a Promotion winning squad.
I said on here weeks ago that CT has lost "The dressing room", IMO the players need a good kick up the ars/e by a "motivator" type of manager, not CT!
Come on JR, have the balls to bring in a guy who will "Lead" us to promotion!!!

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
What about the fact that Colchester are now un-beaten in six and even got a 1-1 with Turd Town at the weekend?

I do admit I was sat at the bottom of the sunwin stand almost falling asleep last night tho.

G
Parrot said:
A lot of people knock Lennie Lawrence, & rightly so but theres no doubting he brought the players to the club that were the foundation of the great Wembley win!
In the same way i think CT has assembled a squad that is worthy of promotion, unfortunately he doesn't appear to be the man who can get the best out of our squad.
I bet someone with the motivational skills of Chris Kamara or Trevor Cherry could take this set of players & mould them into a Promotion winning squad.
I said on here weeks ago that CT has lost "The dressing room", IMO the players need a good kick up the ars/e by a "motivator" type of manager, not CT!

OK then!...WHO??

Pray tell us who JR could employ in the current state of finances and the leaugue we are in.

Some will be saying McCall but there is no chance of that and he isn't experienced enough.
Some might say Wetherall with maybe Windass. I watched Wetheres last night and to be honest I don't think he makes a good captain nevermind manager, he just claps his hands now and then and says "Come on chaps, let's give it to these U's fellows, they are bounders".
There is no-one associated with the club who could do it.

Out of all the out-of-work managers most are failures or too old and I can't see any half decent ones really wanting to manage here when the likes of Bristol City or Swindon can't attract them.

You couldn't have a word with Sir Bobby Robson could you Parrot?

No, I'm afraid we must stick with Todd and struggle in the top half of the table for a little longer.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
Parrot said:

That is a very good analysis. The other half has been saying that all season, these players should be able to put a good promotional push togther, but for some reason they are not. That is down to the manager.

I listened to him on the Radio last night on the way home. He was 'dissapointed' that Colchester came with such a negative attitude. My thoughts were, well get used to is Toddie because nobody is going to give us an easy ride. We are also far too predicatable. Every manager who comes here knows that we are defensive and CT will not push the boat out until we are losing, and even then he doesn't. Last night with ten minutes or so to go, he decided to have a go at this team, too little too late. What finished should have been put on at half time, when he could see which way the wind was blowing. To get promotion, you have to have skill, work ethic, luck, and that ablity to take some risks when you are up against it.

I personally think that is why we win away, most teams at home take on and attack teams who come to their ground, this leave us space and the ability to play. Toddie doesn't appear to have the ability to change tack, before, during or in the analysis after the match, 'lets blame the other side for not coming here and playing football' What he should be doing is saying right, next home match, I am going to play two forwards, one just behind them, four across midfiled, and three at the back. Now this maybe an old fashioned view, but the best form of defence is attack, lets just have some confidence in our defence, yes I know we have a problem with our goalie at the moment, but we will just have to get on with it. That is the team that I would like to see us play udders with, take it too them, yes we might concede, but I think the players would respond, and we score more.

This slow defence boring game that we play at home, is turning me right off, we need to break teams down like that, not play their game. Tactics come into this game, and you need to out think your opponents, before, and during the game.

Crooks had a decent game, but that is because we were playing a defencesive game, he is not a attacking midfielder and he does protect the back four, no argument on that. But if I have to watch this type of football, I will be bringing a book to the home matches in future. The goalie made an absolute clanger, not in the right position, in any event, and he could have caught a bloody taxi and still got to that ball, it had no pace on it, straight ball!!! Petta had one of his better matches, he got invovled. However, he needs to be looking for the ball much more, he was wandering back, when the goalie was looking to throw the ball out onto the wing, he was no where near, Beagrie would have been out there looking for it!! Schuey needs to up his game. Windass still has Wigan hangover, Claridge did ok, Cooke is playing well this season without scoring.

Not sure whether I can be bothered to go to Doncaster......

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
kevin keegan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.