Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Does this mean Spurs will go for Owen????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
With only Mido and Keane to support Defoe now will Owen talks be back on????:D

Sevilla have signed Tottenham striker Fredi Kanoute for £4.4 million

The Spanish side have moved to bring the Mali international to La Liga on a four-year deal.

Sevilla have been searching for a new striker to replace Julio Baptista and they feel Kanoute will be an ideal replacement for the Brazilian.

Kanoute's future has been the subject of intense speculation all summer with the likes of West Ham and Newcastle linked with his services.

The former Lyon ace had claimed that Spurs were trying to offload him against his will and now Sevilla have moved to tie up a deal for his services.

Kanoute will form a formidable forward line with Javier Saviola for Sevilla next term.

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
beerbantam said:
If you were an England striker, would you play for Spurs??

No, nor would i!!

Spurs are like Man City - a graveyard of good players!!
When did you change your name to BeerBantam, Chuckles...

Rooney played for Everton
Owen sat on the bench at Real Madrid
Johnson played at Palace
Crouch at Southampton
Heskey at brum
Vassel at Villa

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Barmy said:
Heard somewhere Newcastle had made a last ditch effort to sign him...

Obviously didnt work out for then.
I read Houllier is trying to get him at Lyon.. Would be a good buy and its not like Lyon are short of a few bob now...:D

Think he would choose Prem over French league though...:D :D

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
beerbantam said:
MORIENTES: OWEN WOULD BE PERFECT
Liverpool striker Fernando Morientes is hoping Michael Owen returns to Anfield after suffering a familiar frustrating spell at Real Madrid.

Morientes, 29, impressed in the Champions League while on loan with Monaco two seasons ago but could not hold down a first-team place at the Bernabeu and moved away from Spain earlier this year.

Owen has been linked with a return to Liverpool after leaving Anfield last season but finding himself fifth-choice striker at Real - and Morientes would welcome the 25-year-old's return.

"It's very difficult for any player when you find yourself on the bench," Morientes told The Sun. "Owen knows his situation at Real and what he has to do.

"I imagine he feels the same as I do. That he really wants to play. And when you are not in the team then you have to pack your bags and go to another club.

"If a player is going to sign for us, who would be better than Owen - and we're all waiting to see if he does come.

"I hope Liverpool get him and if he does sign again for us I will be the first one to be happy because he is a great player that would definitely benefit the club.

"Owen knows everything about Liverpool because he was a great player for the club before he left."

Morientes added: "I know from personal experience what a good player he is because we played a few games alongside each other for Real Madrid. It worked well and we both scored in the games we played together."
Benitez has stated hes not in for him....:D

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
Rafa Benitez has once again rejected rumours he is planning to bring Michael Owen back to Liverpool as the Reds boss considers offers for Milan Baros.

Former Liverpool favourite Owen is being strongly linked with a return to Anfield after being granted permission to speak to other clubs.

Newcastle United want to sign the England ace, while reports in Spain persist that Liverpool are in the hunt.

Benitez has frequently denied speculation he is chasing Owen and has reiterated his stance that he does not require a new striker.

"I was waiting for [a question about] Baros, maybe another one about Owen and maybe about Cisse," said Benitez.

"Baros we don't have news on. We have a good offer from Olympique Lyon and another one from Aston Villa.

"We must analyse both and while we analyse he will be playing for us.

"About Owen and Cisse there is no news. Cisse is our player and I can assure you we are looking for a centre back, not a centre forward.

"When I read the Spanish press I smile as we have not made an offer [for Owen] and are only thinking about the centre back position."

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
tony d said:
With only Mido and Keane to support Defoe now will Owen talks be back on????:D
Probably not if this happens...

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has revealed that he is keen to play under Martin Jol at Tottenham.

The Dutch hot-shot is highly regarded after proving prolific at De Kuip and both Liverpool and Lyon are believed to be admirers.

However, it is ambitious Tottenham who appear to be in pole position should they move for the 25-year-old - due to the Dutch connection at White Hart Lane.

Jol has already brought in compatriot Edgar Davids over the summer and told Sky Sports News on Thursday that he was a keen admirer of Kuyt.

After scoring 69 goals in three seasons in De Eredivisie Kuyt is keen to take his skills onto a new stage, and has now admitted he is attracted by the prospect of continuing his development under Jol in North London.

"I want to play in The Premiership," Kuyt is quoted as saying in the News of the World.

"Spurs are a very big club and the most important thing for me is that Martin Jol is their coach. I respect him very much."

Status
Not open for further replies.