Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Does Todd hate Swift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe CT wont give Swifty the RB berth, why is the man so reluctant to play the youngster?
I could maybe understand if the kid had been shaky in his appearances for us to date, but whenever I have seen him play, the lad looks the buisness!
He uses the ball well, tackles & likes to overlap his right midfielder when the opportunity arises.
Can you imagine the pace & willigness to get forward of Swift & Taylor down each wing?
Lets look on the brightside, the signing off Edgehill will mean no place for Crooks or Stewart at RB!:D

May 20, 2005
Parrot said:
I cant believe CT wont give Swifty the RB berth, why is the man so reluctant to play the youngster?
I could maybe understand if the kid had been shaky in his appearances for us to date, but whenever I have seen him play, the lad looks the buisness!
He uses the ball well, tackles & likes to overlap his right midfielder when the opportunity arises.
Can you imagine the pace & willigness to get forward of Swift & Taylor down each wing?
Lets look on the brightside, the signing off Edgehill will mean no place for Crooks or Stewart at RB!:D
Maybe he doesn't want to see him fall flat on his face under the weight of misplaced expectation like Danny Forrest has!

Todd see's him every day, we've seen him make a couple of brief cameos. I'll trust his judgement on it. Besides I always thought Edgehill was a decent full back, so fingers crossed that we may have solved the Full back problem for a while, given he can play both sides.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
ChuckleBantam said:
Maybe he doesn't want to see him fall flat on his face under the weight of misplaced expectation like Danny Forrest has!

Todd see's him every day, we've seen him make a couple of brief cameos. I'll trust his judgement on it. Besides I always thought Edgehill was a decent full back, so fingers crossed that we may have solved the Full back problem for a while, given he can play both sides.

Agreed oh worlds worst pundit.....:D

I'd say the way Swifty is been treated mirrors exactly what happened & went wrong with Forrest.

Every manager from Jeffries through to Robson never really give Forrest a decent run in the team, 5 mins here, 10 mins there, maybe that is what kills the lads confidence when they burst on the scene?

I dont know how you can say Forrest has been given a good opportunity, If any of these managers signed Forrest or Swift rather than Inherited them, they would have persisted in them longer! Maybe they would have come good with more games?

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I really feel for SWift, not because hes being overlooked but every fan is building him and when he makes that first miss timed tackle or gives away a goal everybody is going to come down on him like they do Holloway and Todd is probably protecting him from shallow minded fans.

G
But the point is he's not been given the chance to mis-time a tackle or give a goal away. It's alright saying Todd sees him in training, but a proper game is whole different kettle of fish.

How is the lad himself, CT or the fans know if he can handle it if he's never given the chance?

I agree with bringing Edgehill in, but only as back up to give Swift a chance. If he freezes or fecks it up big time, so what? It's happened before and it'll happen again, but at least everyone will know he's been given the chance to do it.

briggus

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Brighouse
Swift

There appears to be no consistency - he is prepared to play a young player from another club - Taylor - albeit he looks decent but from what we have seen from Swift he does too. He does lack a little height compared with Taylor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.