Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

England V Jamaica

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2005
The Calverley Bantam said:
This will be the only time i'm not going to be suporting england:eek:
For Gods sake why??

Personally I shudder at the thought Rooney, Stevie G, Lamps or Owen getting crocked by a Nomark Donkey like "Stewpeas"

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
For Gods sake why??
because they have city players
beacsue they are the underdogs
is it really going to harm england if they lose? no...if anything the opposite

Come on mate, thats like saying you'd want Halifax to beat City in the FA cup cos they have ex City players in their side:mad:
Im not having it! Sort ya sen out!:D

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Sod that...Although i hope Big D has a tidy game i would never support another team which played England .. Even if Crouchy starts lol.:D

3-0 England with Donovon pulling out top draw saves along the way..

May 20, 2005
FFS MAN! LISTEN TO YERSEN!!

Scotland had City's greatest ever player and greatest ever legend playing against us in Euro96 and I spent the match baying for his blood, not hoping he'd be a winner!

Gerra grip. I hope the Don gets back ache from picking the ball out of the net and Stewpeas gets sent off after 30 seconds...they are in the enemy camp for this game and I wish them nothing but bad luck.

G

Im with Calverley on this one, i put club above country and ill be hoping not that England lose, but that we see an entertaining draw with

1) Donovan making some good saves and getting up to his usual antics

2) Stewpeas decks Rooney.....whilst i think he's an excellent footballer Rooney is also a d*ckhead and who better to give him a good crack than one of our own players? Saying that Rooney looks quite handy in a fight so maybe it should be Donovan doing the Rooney bashing instead? Rooney needs a good pasting to take him down a notch or a dozen.

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
Dbantx said:
2) Stewpeas decks Rooney.....whilst i think he's an excellent footballer Rooney is also a d*ckhead and who better to give him a good crack than one of our own players?

Yeah Dbantx, lets hope he breaks rooneys jaw and then goes two footed on owen and puts him out the world cup. thata would be quality now wouldn't it? :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wayne Rooney is our single biggest hope of winning the world cup but you let your single minded hatred for man utd blind you to the fact. :rolleyes:

G

Oh stop been such a ninny queensbury. I thought Rooney was a prat even when he was at Everton. If he's a real man like the Don he'd carry on playing even if he had no legs. (Donovan looked in real pain against Brentford at one point, what you didnt know is that he'd snapped his hamstrings in the 2nd minute and continued to play through the pain)

:)

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
Tomorrow might you be a Leeds, TB or possibly a Burnley fan instead of City for whatever reasons???
whoah, i'd never go there

england need a kick up the arse to get some of them in shape, dealt with properly a loss could do wonders for our hopes. Dealt with badly (and i really hope it isn't) and it would kill their confidence

so, i'm probably going to take back my word and hope for a entertaining draw though i wouldn't be gutted if jamaica wond

ffs they arn't anway are they??

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
I want England ton win but would love the 2 City lads to aquit themselves well against top opposition .
Chucks you are a touch unfair on Stewpeas , he may not be the most elegant player but he'll do for me - I like his no nonsense "kick 'em over the f'ing stand roof if needed" approach :)

May 20, 2005
Dr Wisey said:
Chucks you are a touch unfair on Stewpeas , he may not be the most elegant player but he'll do for me - I like his no nonsense "kick 'em over the f'ing stand roof if needed" approach :)
see if you're still willing to post the same message in his defence if Rooney is carted off with a broken leg courtesy of his "kick 'em over the f'ing stand roof if needed" approach.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
queensbury bantam said:
Wayne Rooney is our single biggest hope of winning the world cup :rolleyes:
Bollox.

Rooney is far down my list of players required to get our hands on the WC..Owen if fit is still the big game player who hits the onion bag... Rooney for me is behind

Owen, Lamps, Stevie G, Becks, Terry, Robinson, Campbell all more influential and consistent both at club and international level...

Young Rooney may be a good player but he isnt THAT good...

May 20, 2005
Rooney on form for us will have the same influence as Diego had for the Argies back in 86. Big difference being, Rooney has a world class supporting cast, wheras Diego back then, literally was the proverbial one man team.

Rooneys doubtless talent and Big game mentality lifts him above the rest, however, sadly his temprement brings him back down again.

If somebody asked me the one player I'd want to guarantee stays injury free for Germany, Rooney is that one player.

G
tony d}Young Rooney may be a good player but he isnt THAT good...[/QUOTE said:
I would have to say he is, seeing him in the flesh versus Croatia at Euro 2004 was a real eye-opener.

Not the vision for Scholes goal, not his 2 top quality goals, but the movement off the ball, the way he directed players 10-years his senior around the park.

It was football of a kind you don't necessarily pick up on the TV.

I came out of the stadium that night convinced we were the Euro champions. Most of the other English fans in Lisbon that night were the same, wandering around, wide eyed, with huge smiles on our faces.

I still believe we would have won it if Andrade hadn't stomped on his foot (and how Meier gave a free-kick against Rooney I'll never know).

All in all the players you mention above can only increase our chances in Deutschland, BUT Rooney is the man-boy who gives us that edge, that pushes us from a good team to, possibly, a GREAT team.

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
tony d said:
Bollox.

Rooney is far down my list of players required to get our hands on the WC..Owen if fit is still the big game player who hits the onion bag... Rooney for me is behind

Owen, Lamps, Stevie G, Becks, Terry, Robinson, Campbell all more influential and consistent both at club and international level...

Young Rooney may be a good player but he isnt THAT good...

"Sol Campbell has a bigger influence on Englands potential success than Wayne Rooney"

Good one tone, it made me laugh :D ....................... Whats that? Oh, YOU WERE SERIOUS??!!

Sort yer sen out tone!

TSSB

C&B Member
Jun 6, 2005
South Shields
Away from the club v country row. how do you go about getting tickets for the england matches as i have never seen england play live ( well apart from the u21's at valley parade, and the england v albania match at st james park when i worked for newcastle united)

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
Log on to the website, thefa.com, i think. It gives you all the details there plus a hotline number which you can use to book tickets with a credit card. Not sure if you have to be a member any more though, I haven't been since Wembley was knocked down.

I'd put a link on here for you but ive only just worked out how to put a picture on and am not that far advanced! :eek:

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
There'll be some crunching tackles put in by our group opponents - can't wait myself ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.