Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fair Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2005
You are all celebrating getting rid of Crooks, who by the way I rated and am disappointed to see him go. I can however see that we need to sacrifice players to bring others in, so if it has to be Crooks then fair enough. My main problem is that we seem to be looking at a young (untried) loan player from the premier league. How does that improve our squad exactly??? Lets go and bring in another player who could turn out to be another Paul Tierney or one who could become another Andy Taylor which only really benefits the player and his real club.

Reading between the lines we are after another winger, well how about we play the wingers we have in the right place and see how we do first. We have Petta, Morrison, Muirhead, Cadamarteri (8 goals in 82 games, not a striker) and young players like Colbeck and possibly Forrest who can do a good job in that role.

WE NEED A PISSING GOALSCORER FFS. Windass no goals for ages, Cadds no goals for ages, Cooke out of favour, Brown not ready, Claridge good but not for 90 mins.

Now we have lost Crooks do you think people might start looking at the blue eyed boys, and start picking on the people who actually ARE underperforming instead of mindlessly picking on the easiest target.

Just my thoughts like.

{BoTO steps backwards and awaits the verbal attacks to commence}

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
Its ok wanting a goalscorer boto but who exactly is creating chances for the ones we have at the moment? Its easy to slate the strikers for not producing the goods but chances are so few and far between these days that when one comes along they tend to snatch at it. There is no doubt in my mind that IF Windass was given decent service AND played with the correct partner (Cooke), he would soon be back amongst the goals. All we need is for Todd to relase the shackles and let us play some attacking and free football for a change. The attacking options are at the club, Todd just needs to have the balls to use them.

May 18, 2005
You wont find any arguments from me on that one queensbury. Andy Cooke rates as one of my favourite players of all time even though he has only played 42 games. He is everything i expect from a City player, a 100%er who does the job well. I think from the players we have this should be our team.

................................Ricketts

Edghill............Wetherall........Bower.............Emanuel

Cadds...........MBW.............Kearney............Morrison

.................Cooke.............Windass

You can fiddle around with it and change the formation during the game if required as well. However it is clear that Cooke and Morrison are out of favour so that wont happen. We have more than enough wingers so IMO signing another is a waste of money we dont have.

Aug 8, 2005
Queensbury
I would mainly agree with that team boto but i want to see Petta given another chance to prove himself. When the lazy twot can be bothered he has genuine class and can be a match winner. I would also play schuey in front of kearney although to be fair they have both been poor this year.

Mallorcabantam

Torquemada ¿Que Haces?
C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Mallorca, Spain
When the season started I thought we had so many good attacking players that it would not mater who played up front as strikers, they would have so many chances laid on for them --- but this is the problem – all – ALL the attackers are not doing their job so the strikers have no feeds hence no goals

G

Mallorcabantam said:
When the season started I thought we had so many good attacking players that it would not mater who played up front as strikers, they would have so many chances laid on for them --- but this is the problem – all – ALL the attackers are not doing their job so the strikers have no feeds hence no goals

Yeah....you'ld be better off wiv Trigger and Rodney upfront pal!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I think the strikers aren't 100% to blame for the lack of goals, we know from experience if Deano gets chances he puts them away (well he did last year anyway) but this season the midfield has been awful and chances have been at a premium and this isn't the fault of the strikers. Muirhead can't pass or cross, Lewis isn't a winger, Petta is lazy, Crooks won't cross the halfway line, Kearney and Schumacher look ordinary and Morrison isn't liked by the manager. The only midfielder who is worth a mention is Marc Bridge-Wilkinson but he's no Steven Gerrard and can't carry the team on his own and more often that not he is played on the wing rather than through the middle where he is more effective.

Also negative tactics by the manager also contribute to the lack of chances for our forwards. Of our last 7 league goals 6 have been from set plays, which really hits home how poor our midfield is at creating chances if we have to look to the referee for goal attempts over our own players.

G
Todd is right on this one.

I think some people need to get real and realise that our wingers are sh*t. Morrison is sh*t, Muirhead is sh*t, Petta is sh*t

Do they have talent? Yes. Do they perform consistently? Almost never. :rolleyes:

Therefore in my books, they are sh*t. :p

People need to take a step back and reconsider why Todd doesnt like Morrison.....has it ever occured to people that a player who has fallen out with four of his managers and been consistently moved from club to club throughout his career due to disclipinery reasons must be a bit of a prat.

Hell what am i saying, half of the squad needs replacing because half of them are a bunch of lazy prima donnas and boy racers.

IMO If were to get anywhere near the playoffs we definitely need two more wingers and a BIG TARGETMAN :rolleyes:

Wahki Nells

Wahki Nells
C&B Member
May 28, 2005
we definitely need two more wingers and a BIG TARGETMAN
adebola esque

and about our wingers, bar morrision, they are all Sh*te. How weve got rid of crroks when he is by miles the best holding midfielder i'll never know.

Cooke shoul play, his attitude is spot on and always has a posotive effect on those around him

Windo is a liability, he was suberp last season but this season has been nothing short of average. Should be claridge (i thought he was a waste of space to, but he taught deano a lesson in how to attack t'other day) and cooke up top with cadds (or penford) and bridgey int centre midfield. Morrison on the right and a load signing on the left would be a great attacking formation.

Superfatbantam

Former Modfather
C&B Member
Jul 8, 2005
In exile
www.webteams.co.uk
Part of me thinks it is the strategy we have, though, and not individual players.

We are NOT attacking-minded.

We set our stall out defensively.

Our full-backs rarely get past the wingers on the overlap, and any crosses they do are coming from just inside the opposition half and are easy to defend.

We are predictable - slow in building up, square-ball maestros (well...maybe not maestros but you get my drify!), always play it wide to go forward, one trick wonders!

As a team we are easy to read, easy to defend against, but thanks mainly to the defensive prowess of Wethers/Bower, hard to score against (Brentford excepted).

Me being a Cloughite and all I should agree with Todd's stance to get a 0-0 draw and then build from there, but unfortunately I am not enjoying that style of football at the moment and I just wish I could applaud 11 players for giving their absolute all, working their nads off and sweating blood for the team...instead of the usual 2 or 3 (Wethers, Bower, Ricketts being the usual targets for my praise/applause).

Rant over. Mange tout, and bonnet de douche.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
'you'd be better off with Trigger and Rodney upfront pal.'

Good shout Del Boy. I've heard he's available for a small fee and some David Bowie LPs. They're trying to trace his agent as we speak, some mush who lives in Shepards Bush apparently.

Loyalish2

C&B Member
Jul 6, 2005
Near Bratfud
'Fraid not Nige. What you see is actually my 'signature'. Signatures I can do, pictures and avatars I can't. I wanted to change my signature earlier this evening but I thought a photograph of a Subaru Forester 4x4 utility vehicle lacked the visual impact and comedy value that the original picture of Rodnaldo brought to the post. So I thought I'd leave it a bit.

Btw, there's two others in the set, Delboy Piero and Uncle Albertini, unfortunately no Trigger though.

May 18, 2005
There's a simple reason why Windass isn't scoring this season, and that's because Summerbee isn't here to provide the crosses.

Biggest mistake Todd has made was falling out with him and letting him go.

baldbantam said:
There's a simple reason why Windass isn't scoring this season, and that's because Summerbee isn't here to provide the crosses.

Biggest mistake Todd has made was falling out with him and letting him go.
While I agree on principal with that statement, it didn't stop Deano scoring for fun at the start of the season.
Maybe he needs Cooky more than CT realises, although IMO Cooke & Windass haven't enough pace to worry defences, teams realised this & began to defend near the halfway line.
I'd like to see Cooky & Deano with Cadders on the left wing & A.N other on the right!

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
and still the invisible man at VP says nowt , he'll be watching the attendance carefully on Saturday - i can smell 3rd div footie in the air ( old 4th div ) - the stench of mediocrity gets stronger .

Status
Not open for further replies.