Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

False optimism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neddy

C&B Member
May 31, 2005
I would love to share it but i don't. take the goalkeeper We are worse there than last season.We are still going to have Holloway at full back enough said.We will have to see about the new left back.Central defence Wethers is another year older and could get injured all we have in reserve is a lad who has never played in a proper league. Midfield is looking competitive.But up front Windass is ageing and i don't think he plays target man well. but he will start with Caddy in my opinion it will not work. If we finish around the same position as last year we will be doing well.

G
Lets see... Donovan Ricketts... I think we're as strong if not more so than last year there. :) Can't argue with the Holloway point, but he may do alright, you never know! ;) Plus, we have no idea what formation Todd will play. If and when we sign a left back, I trust Todd's judgment that they will be good enough to match our ambitions, which are of course promotion. Quick pop quiz, how often has Wethers been injured since we signed him? not much I'd call the answer, considering how many years hes been with us now, He's still one of the better central defenders at this level. Windass is ageing, but I bet you said the same this time last season and he knocked in 28 goals, another 20 isn't beyond him. I also think Cooke is the perfect foil for Windass, and so will start alongside him, Cadders either to wing, or a 3 man attack?

I don't think play off's are beyond us, by any stretch.

Chasser

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Brighton
On the + side; looks like we have a strong midfield with good wide
players & a strong forward line up. We should do well,but time will tell.

Superfatbantam

Former Modfather
C&B Member
Jul 8, 2005
In exile
www.webteams.co.uk
I just want to see some good football at Valley Parade. it was hard work at times last year and to be able to sit back, relax and enjoy seeing us play and play well will do me wherever we may finish as long as it's not in the bottom four.

I'd also like to see some of the younger players on an upward curve so that we can at least feel confident we are going in the right direction. Long-term projections must be the goal and we shouldn't be looking at immediate, poorly-planned rises from the ashes. A promotion unless it is planned might do more harm than good. Cup run, now that would be a novel and exciting phenomenon! Bring on Rochdale!

BTW, hi guys and thanks to baldbantam for steering me this way!

Superfatbantam

Former Modfather
C&B Member
Jul 8, 2005
In exile
www.webteams.co.uk
I'm only a YTS Trainee! Will have to change that.

Cheers, BOTO. Has everyone changed their usernames or will I see old faces on here? :eek:

May 18, 2005
If you have a look at the top there is a option called Members list, you can see who is on here. Quite a good micture of both Old and New faces.

BTW you were the 150th member so weldone :)

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
beerbantam said:
Neddy said:
I would love to share it but i don't. take the goalkeeper We are worse there than last season.We are still going to have Holloway at full back enough said.We will have to see about the new left back.Central defence Wethers is another year older and could get injured all we have in reserve is a lad who has never played in a proper league. Midfield is looking competitive.But up front Windass is ageing and i don't think he plays target man well. but he will start with Caddy in my opinion it will not work. If we finish around the same position as last year we will be doing well.
pmsl :D

sunwinman

C&B Member
May 29, 2005
:) I'm VERY optomistic about next season, With reguard to the keeper, he has to prove he is good enough to win his chance, don't forget that last year, Hendo was very nervous at the begining,dodgy when coming for crosses took nim a while to settle in, but we have a stronger squad than last year, Kearny's back,we 've got width with Petta poss Wilko,Tesco, strength up front with Caddy Deano, and its CT team, not one he inherited.

Status
Not open for further replies.