Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fao; ALL THE USUAL SUSPECTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Right then where to start,

After watching the Hudders match i came to the following conclusion on the nights proceedings....

Howarth dodgy keeper who has talent but gives the ball away too often in his distribution. He also does not seem to command his area. The first goal was his fault as his positioning was awful ....

Edghill Looks the part as far as i saw one of the better right backs ive seen for a while. Great signing for Todd and the club.

Bower and Wethers Both solid, got caught out a couple of time with the over the top ball..Usually one covered the others mistakes

Taylor oh how i wish LE had this lads talent...Very good prospect for Boro and a good signing by Todd.

Petta Saw both sides of him in one match and understand why people have a pop.. Still, he showed more in that one match to prove his worth then Summerbee ever did... WHAT A PEARLER OF A GOAL....

Kearney Another who seemed hit and miss in the game....

Crooks He looked a miles better player than the last time i saw him.. Covers the gaps well and fookin tackles... Thought he had a very good game.

Muirhead All i saw was the Ben of old, head down and motor.. A couple of times he seemed to think about it and produced the goods....

Cooke This fella soooooooo needs a goal.....

Claridge Although he looked knackered at the end he had a very good game... He knows how to hold that ball up well and should get Cookey to watch the tape of the match....

Subs???
Cadders Didnt see the explosion of pace i expected from a man who wants to cement a place in the first team

Lewis Hardly saw him when he came on...

Shuey Same really....

Overall i thought it was a decent performance... They as much as it pains me to write looked a very good passing side and at times passed us off the park...

They did look most likely to edge it. Saying that i thought we could have at times if luck had being on our side got a result...Another day and all that!!!!

On that showing alone i will say if Ricketts MBW and Deano had played last night i think the result would have been different...

B_i_N

C&B Member
May 20, 2005
Oslo
You forgot to mention Todd. I'm sure people on here are waiting with baited breathe to hear your views about him :D

Otherwise I'd say that was a fair assessment of the game I saw on Sky as well.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
That Was The Best Game This Season At Home For Us,but You Didnt Mention Those Wonderful Substitutions.:d

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Righto,

This is quite simple really as you can only rate the manager on a couple of points really

1. The overall performance of the team.. To which i though we played really really well against a very (it hurts writing this) very good well organised side.

2. Their substitutions.

Shuey for Kearney was a correct sub looking at the bench.. He was first choiceearlier in the season and like to attack.. Thats what we needed.

Claridge although slowing was the correct man to keep on in my mind as Cookey wasnt going to score to be honest was he...

So bringing Cadders on in theory was the right choice. 20 mins to shine if he had been bothered.

Lewis for Muirhead was a fair one in the context of Muirhead wasnt doing anything decent. If owt about 10 mins too late for me...

Overall MY and this is ME, My only change would have been to give Sanasy a go for the last ten mins... So the Lewis sub for me should have put Sanasy on.

Thus playing a 4-3-3 to push on for a win or disaster....But thats me...

3. Motivation.. The team was up for it through out.. But so were Udders and their better team on the night pulled off the result.

My opinion of Todd is that he put out a team that was available that was up for the game but Udders were a good match for us across the park..
I think he did a good job. Still want him to stay ... There you go fellas..:)

tony d said:
Overall MY and this is ME, My only change would have been to give Sanasy a go for the last ten mins... So the Lewis sub for me should have put Sanasy on.
Thus playing a 4-3-3 to push on for a win or disaster....But thats me....
No T, Its not just you it's what anyone who wanted to rescue the game would have done, that or push Wetherall upfront for the last 5 mins, or both?

No CT though, the guys so DEFENSIVE it's untrue:mad:

Barmy

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Leicester
beerbantam said:
but i think a lot will be disapointed though when Ricketts returns in goal - he really did look like an accident waiting to happen early season!
That maybe so but the players looked to have more confidence with him behind them than they do with Howarth..

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Strange that when someone with an unblinkered perspective airs their views that the usual doom and gloom merchants ddont have a leg to stand on....:D

All it tookwas to watch one match...pmsfl......:D :D

Sterling Archer

C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Bantams_AnD_Proud said:
Hmmm one match which was arguably our best performance of the season...
Great come back..Wow never expected that one :rolleyes:

Btw my mates have said that the monkey hanger game and the MK Dons one were the best performances .. :D ;)

With elements of the Donny and Swindon games also being quality showings... (as well as lows like):(

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
True BOB but Todd wont see it and if he does he will bring his love child back Hollaway.Instead of an up and coming lad in Swifty.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.