Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fao Chuckle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Could you get you're facts right when slagging me off please.I did not say Edgehill was dropped for Holloway against Hartlepool.I did however say Todd said Edgehill had flu many weeks ago and dropped him for Holloway.I and about sixty other people were told by Deano that Todd said to Edgehill "Darren has been out with injury,but im putting him back in and dropping you".
It was me back in September that said Todd should be sacked and was in the minority of me.Now i would say im in the majority.However after Todd took the step to let the shackle off the team and let them attack at Barnsley,he proved me right on something and that was "If Todd let this team play we would be up there with the best in this division,if not at the top."
At Barnsley we should have been out of site by half time with better finishing.If he resorts back to defensive football in the league then it goes to prove hes a looser alla Cloughies autobiography.If he lets them play to their attacking potential,then i will back him for the rest of the season.
I think Saturdays performance goes to prove you know fcukall about football,as you said Todd had them playing to their best and we didnt have the players the fans thought and we should be happy with the teams posistion and play.
Keep banging ya head mate.

Let the team play and they will come.

panther

C&B Member
May 23, 2005
Saltaire (for now)
Sorry Chuckle but Jimbos is rite. Despite what is written in the T & A, and I can sure tell you that what is said is very rarely written.

I was there, not only for the meeting but for umpteen games -
Dont get me wrong - I want us to turn the corner and be where we shud be which is in,at the very least a play off place!

But I will ask you wot u doing for the (a) Barnsley replay and (b) Rotherham home game !

Joining us ? cmon u no u want to! but u wont! and thats a challenge !

May 21, 2005
jimmy said:
It was me back in September that said Todd should be sacked and was in the minority of me.Now i would say im in the majority.
You may be in the majority on this board Jimmy but not on the whole IMO

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
BAP try theCitygent.com and you will see its the same on there and even the OMB is on a par.

May 21, 2005
Take what you see on the OMB with a pinch of salt, never have I seen such a poor excuse for a message board. The City gent has what 100 max regular users? I'm probably being extremely generous there. Same for this board. Its hardly a fair representation of the majorities view. Practically everyone I know away from this board is for keeping Todd in (and yes I do have a fair few friends before the 'billy no mates' gags come in). I don't doubt there are people wanting Todd out but compare it to the 'Todd in' camp and the 'Todd in camp' would be a fairer representation of the majority IMO

baldbantam

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
The one thing that you can guarantee in football is that if you continually call for a manager's head at some point you will be in the majority and at some point you will get your wish, whatever team is involved. It's a function of patience more than a function of being correct in your initial assessment.

jimmy

C&B Member
May 27, 2005
Ah BB you have the words to turn any disscussion into facts and reallity to back you're views,it works both ways mate.

Any Manager who continually plays Horroway doesn't know WTF they are doing!
Saturdays performance was a breath of fresh air, unfortunately the change in the teams play wasn't engineered by Todd, he stumbled on it & got Lucky!
Lets hope he's learned we can attack teams with the right players at his disposal in the team.
If we play like that at Bristol City we'll probably score 3 or more goals!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.