Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Your tempting fate, shut up with the final talk ffs!!!

G
If your reffering to my thread Adie then i dont believe in fate and i somewhat scoff at those who do.

Thinking that me pressing my fingers down on a block of attoms to produce symbols comprehensible to the human brain only can influence people kicking a leather ball around a big field of grass 4 months in the future hundreds of miles away is somewhat laughable...forget somewhat laughable it is piss myself laughable, its like saying JF Kennedys death influenced Princess Dianas death.

I am not tempting fate, i am simply imagining, the old wives will begin to say i am tempting fate, let them because they are fools.

Dbantx said:
If your reffering to my thread Adie then i dont believe in fate and i somewhat scoff at those who do.

Thinking that me pressing my fingers down on a block of attoms to produce symbols comprehensible to the human brain only can influence people kicking a leather ball around a big field of grass 4 months in the future hundreds of miles away is somewhat laughable...forget somewhat laughable it is piss myself laughable, its like saying JF Kennedys death influenced Princess Dianas death.

I am not tempting fate, i am simply imagining, the old wives will begin to say i am tempting fate, let them because they are fools.
While I agree with most of that Dbantx, I believe that you cannot stop what Is meant to be!
There is no such thing as "Choice" IMO you were ALWAYS gonna choose whichever "Choice" anyway!:eek:

Whatever "Choice" you make, you were ALWAYS gonna make that choice from the moment ya dads tadpole knocked on ya mums egg & she let him in!;)
FCUK all ya can do about it really, ask Stephen Hawkings;)

G
But saying that choice is pre-determined is just as good as saying that something far in your past made your choice for you.

Whilst i believe that direct psychological impacts on you and your life experiences strongly influence whatever choice you may make saying that everything you do is IMO a fantasy for those weak of heart who cannot face up to the fact that sometimes life deals us a bad hand.

Yes i believe in cause and effect, but a truly determined person can overcome cause and effect and what is meant to happen, e.g cause someone murders your family you are meant to be distraught as the effect, i could just as well throw a poolside party in Manorca and forget it all.

It is comforting to think that everything is meant to be, but IMO it is just not the way the universe works, the universe is random and without cause just as we are. The main fact pointing to my argument is that the human brain loves order and despises chaos, thus we see paterns in everything, including in randomness, eg. seeing faces in wallpaper and random mixes of shapes. It doesnt mean the faces are actually in the wallpaper, we only interpret them that way so our brain can make more sense of things.

Its tempting to believe in fate, but the next step is believing in God, Faeries and unicorns. Yes as you might have guessed i am a strong athiest and skeptical of anything science has not given a chance.

Whatever mate, but from the day me & you were concieved & if you like when the "big bang" happened, me & you were ALWAYS gonna be arguing this on the PC, theres fcuk ya can do about it mate;)
If time travel is possible, then maybe things CAN change, but as of yet, no-one as yet proven it's existence:p ;)

G
'Whatever mate, but from the day me & you were concieved & if you like when the "big bang" happened, me & you were ALWAYS gonna be arguing this on the PC, theres fcuk ya can do about it mate
If time travel is possible, then maybe things CAN change, but as of yet, no-one as yet proven it's existence '

And as far as im concerned mate we are the only beings in the known universe with the ability to change 'fate', we have free will and sentience, all intelligent life can change their 'destiny' and in turn they change others too.

Dbantx said:
'Whatever mate, but from the day me & you were concieved & if you like when the "big bang" happened, me & you were ALWAYS gonna be arguing this on the PC, theres fcuk ya can do about it mate
If time travel is possible, then maybe things CAN change, but as of yet, no-one as yet proven it's existence '

And as far as im concerned mate we are the only beings in the known universe with the ability to change 'fate', we have free will and sentience, all intelligent life can change their 'destiny' and in turn they change others too.
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one mate!;)
No one has prove to back up our arguments so it comes down to a matter of "choice" which one you adhere too!;)

May 18, 2005
I'm with Parrot on this.

There is no such thing as choice in ultimate terms. Cause leads to effect in an entirely predicatable way, and if you were able to know all the causes in the universe you could predict all the effects with total accuracy. If you knew all the influences on a persons decision you could say what that decision would be.

This viewpoint is classically known as determinism.

Of course, I agree that there is no such thing as tempting fate. Whatever we say on here will have no effect on the outcome of the game one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.