Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Figo for Newcastle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
Sky Sports News understand Newcastle are in talks to sign Real Madrid star Luis Figo.

Figo looks set to leave Real Madrid this summer as he does not appear to be in coach Wanderley Luxemburgo's first-team plans.

The Portuguese ace lost his place in the side at the back end of last season with Michael Owen squeezing him out of the side.

Figo still has 12 months left on his contract at Real, but he has indicated he will not be happy if he is forced to sit on the bench.

The news has alerted a number of clubs across Europe with Liverpool, Bolton and Valencia all linked with the skilful winger.

It is believed that Figo has instructed his advisors to help find a new club and it appears England could be his destination.

Figo has never hidden his desire to try his luck in The Premiership and Newcastle could be ready to offer him that opportunity.

Magpies boss Graeme Souness is keen to bring in high-profile signings after a disappointing campaign last term and it is believed he is in negotiations with Figo.

Souness will be hoping he can persuade the former Barcelona star to make the move to Tyneside and his possible arrival would provide a major lift ahead of the new season.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
He is only 32, yet on every bit of news they say hes old... A player of his class has got at least 3 years left in him at the top level of football...

Hes a year younger than Keane and by far a better player...

I would love to see him at one of the top clubs but as to whether he can shine in the Toon army mid tablers i dont know.....

TSSB

C&B Member
Jun 6, 2005
South Shields
Another lazy tosser turning out in the black & white of the toon, got rid of one lazy player in Robert and due to replace him with somone who gets a minimum of three times roberts salary.TSSB

Status
Not open for further replies.