Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Figurehead needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What our club needs is a figurehead in the boardroom or i fear the club is in for turbulent times again.
Julian Rhodes (bless him) money as kept this club afloat but sadly he hasn't showed the gumption or nous needed to get a grip of the club & has surrounded himself at boardroom level with apparent crooks,thiefs & vagabonds!

What I'd give to have a Geoffrey Richmond type person now at our club, by that I mean someone with ambition,drive,vision & the determination to get this club going places again.
GR had a five year plan to get us in the Prem. but he convinced EVERYONE at the club so much from supporters, tea-ladies, players, managers & boardroom members so much we actualy made it in four years!
Say what you like about the man after our relegation from the Prem. but he was outdone by a series of events even he couldn't have forecast:(
One things for sure GR didn't suffer fools gladly & he would have got rid of CT a long time ago!:D

Yesterday CTs team were out-fought, out-motivated & looked tacticaly inept against a rookie manager who had just taken over a team who'd not won for 17 games:mad: FFS, GR wouldn't have stood such poor form at VP as he realised thats where the BCFC cash cow is milked.
CT has now managed to turn even the most passive fan against him in recent weeks & as even managed to turn players & fans against each other, he's a poison that needs removing before irreplaceable damage is done IMO!

I know there' probably no one like GR out there but JR needs to take a leaf out of GRs book & start sweeping the poison from our club, starting with the manager otherwise our rudderless ship will hit the rocks big time:mad:

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Without seemingly forever sticking up for my dad ....i mean Todd:D

How many times does a team who are managerless or have a new one installed win.... We were the team who were there on the wrong fookin day thats all..

We all expected the same result against Bristol too but it didnt happen did it...

This Derby match was just that ...we got lucky last year in a lot of em...

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
The Calverley Bantam said:
let me think...i seem to remember seeing one YESTERDAY!
Imagine that the first ever side to be done over by a none winning side in a derby match as well...Amazing..

Norris Mcwhatsit would have sent that trumpet playing loonbal down to record that back in the day eh!!!!!:p

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I'm sure Rhodes is not happy, But to sack Todd now would cost him a packet.

He's on a rolling contract which means it can be reviewed every 12 months and if things aren't going how Rhodes wants he can say, well It won't be rolling this season, here's your P45.

In January he'll have a bit of spare cash to throw at players.

What would you rather have:

1) Some new faces in to give people like Windass a kickup the arse and stop being complacent about there place.

Or

2) have nobody new and the club pay out a nice wedge to Todd hampering next summer's spending on transfers due to the amount of compensation paid out.

bg

C&B Member
May 19, 2005
well don't want to break out a GR war; but the one thing he did do was motivate the whole club to think bigger, and I will give him that. The rest of his antics are best forgotton.

We do need some much needed leadership at Boardroom level; JR doesn't do publicity and he has never hidden this fact. The club's profile need's enhancing big style. However, none of the above matters if you don't put out a hard working well motivated team.

I personally don't think it is a chicken and egg scenario; we have to have a good team end of story. Then we can start to rebuild this club, without it you can forget all the publicity and well meaning initiatives. The ONLY thing that will bring people through that gate is a good hard working side, who look like they want to play for the claret and amber. We don't need big names, or prima dona's, what we need is good young players. I can cope with losing and have on many many occasions; I have stilled walked away from games with a smile on my face when I have seen 11 players putting in their all for the team. Even better when the manager has been brave enough to put on a young un.

The Master

Wannabee Toff with a cheeky smile
C&B Donator
May 20, 2005
BD19
well said BG , this club has not really moved forward from last season , in fact it feels worse in many ways.
JR has backed CT heavily but it has workes against us now .
I've lost the enthusiasm about going to watch home matches now - and the last time i felt like this was in the era of John Docherty ( another who on paper had a good track record with lower profile clubs ).
It may cost JR more in the long term if he does not sort the situation now.

May 19, 2005
In a House, In Thornton-by-the-Sea
What our club needs is a figurehead in the boardroom or i fear the club is in for turbulent times again.
Julian Rhodes (bless him) money as kept this club afloat but sadly he hasn't showed the gumption or nous needed to get a grip of the club & has surrounded himself at boardroom level with apparent crooks,thiefs & vagabonds!

What I'd give to have a Geoffrey Richmond type person now at our club, by that I mean someone with ambition,drive,vision & the determination to get this club going places again.
GR had a five year plan to get us in the Prem. but he convinced EVERYONE at the club so much from supporters, tea-ladies, players, managers & boardroom members so much we actualy made it in four years!
Say what you like about the man after our relegation from the Prem. but he was outdone by a series of events even he couldn't have forecast:(
One things for sure GR didn't suffer fools gladly & he would have got rid of CT a long time ago!:D

Yesterday CTs team were out-fought, out-motivated & looked tacticaly inept against a rookie manager who had just taken over a team who'd not won for 17 games:mad: FFS, GR wouldn't have stood such poor form at VP as he realised thats where the BCFC cash cow is milked.
CT has now managed to turn even the most passive fan against him in recent weeks & as even managed to turn players & fans against each other, he's a poison that needs removing before irreplaceable damage is done IMO!

I know there' probably no one like GR out there but JR needs to take a leaf out of GRs book & start sweeping the poison from our club, starting with the manager otherwise our rudderless ship will hit the rocks big time:mad:
What about Mark Lawn??

Status
Not open for further replies.