Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FM 2006 Big Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
www.theTVproject.com
Not sure if this is the right board for this question but what the hell.

Big Don seems to be pretty crap in FM 2006 (although I'm only 15 games into the season). Howarth is my assistant (Nigel Clough)'s favourite. Thackeray has been dumped into the U18's while Saynor is impressing in the reserves.

My question is thus: Who's our best keeper and are they good enough? I'm thinking of splashing out on a new keeper at the end of the season after raising a bit of capital through getting rid of Petta, Holloway, Crooks and hopefully soon Claridge will leave on his own accord as I'm exiling him!

On another note Wigan and Man City have been offering 700k+ deals for Schumacher. Is he our big thing in this version? I'm turning the offers down flat as he's one of my best players so far along with the highly impressive Morrison, Cadders and Cooke.

Ed

Megalomaniac
Administrator
May 18, 2005
I play Ricketts in goal, he starts the season off pretty pants but his levels shoot up with match play.

The secret weapon in the team is actually playing Crooks, Bower and Wethers in central defense ... I'm yet to conceed a goal since putting those three there and it's 14 games now.

I'm top of my league ... Schumacher got sold and brought in Beagrie :)

Cooke is my leading scorer with 20 and Morrison is my play maker.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Take Fulop on loan! Also if your looking for a striker get Cooper on loan from Man U, im the FM master keep schumacher and also keep sanasy and forrest as they are goal machines, get rid of claridge and windass, keep cooke an cadders, Salius Mikalajunas is a good winger if petta dont cut it!

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
king billy said:
***WAH - GEEK ALERT***
***WAH - GEEK ALERT***
***WAH - GEEK ALERT***

lol - and before anyone says it - yup i have a PSP and i'm playing GTA liberty City storys as we speak....:D
You on the third Island yet?:rolleyes:

G
I dont know why but ive always regarded City as untouchable, i like to let them play our their own destiny without me interfering. Instead i usually start with a team in league 2 and work my way up. I would start in the Conference north but i know i wouldnt stick with it that long if i did.

Bantamtim

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
I prefer to play Howarth on FM, his stats just shoot up after the start - admittedly, there wasn't much they could do with the Don as when the stats for the game were finalised (end of August) we hadn't seen much of him - hopefully there'll be an improvement in the next version. Big tip - sign Henning Hauger, he's a Norweigan AM RC, normally available for around £25-£30k, he's a great player.

May 19, 2005
Yeadon
Im with torquay! Promoted to league 1

Status
Not open for further replies.