Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

For what its worth (already posted on OMB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
Right then heres my view for what its worth..... Yes all mine and i was there ner ner ne ner ner... Enjoyed it too BTW...Here goes then..:eek:

Firstly the squad...

Ricketts.. Hardly troubled all night commands his box well..Slightly erratic in his distribution though.. Overall not really tested..

Edghill and Bower... Put together as they had same kind of games in that they were strong at times yet sunday League as well..

Wethers.. was very solid last night... A captains performance both at the back and in their box...

Taylor.... He is a very very good player who will go far for Boro i think.... Few bad touches but nothing bad...

Petta.. What a waster...Down to ten men and this fella thinks its ok to walk around the pitch waiting for the ball then not track back when he loses it...Embarressing. GET RID....

Kearney.. Final ball let him down last night but he kept plugging away..So fair play to the lad...

Crooks.. Dirty tackle ..Two footed and studs up.. 5 Mins into game though i think a yellow would have sufficed... Fair red though even if the No 10 played on it... Stupid cost the game IMHO...

Lewis... Great game...Best player from starting 11....Worked his arse off up and down the pitch...Well done from me...

Danny C.. Never got in the game and looked a shell of the player he could be..

Cookey.. Another good gae and how this fella doesnt score still amazes me...Deserved at least one last night..

Subs..Muirhead piss poor..Chased his own tail never beat a man i dont think...
Schuey For Lewis ...Should never have happened as it left no winger on the side we were dominant on....
Brown Future star.. Great touch.. Strong, Skilful, has desire...No fear....Wont make the bench next game....He looked likely to score most times he got in the right positions...

Officials
As a ref myself i have to say i was embarressed at the standard last night of the Lino on our side first half he gave them the first goal by being an unfit looney who was morebothered about looking at his waxed legs...
He didnt once line up with the second last defender..

The fourth official also sherked his duties by not soring out the thug abusing Joe Brown right in front of him..

The ref was local and it showed...How he missed Wethers being ROCK BOTTOMED in the box i will never know..The most dead on Pen ever ..

Overall..after Crooks went off we were shite for 30 mins..They got a very lucky goal aided by the lino.. They did nothing else.. Cooky was unlucky with two attmpts cadders with one... Poor poor half of football..

Second half we looked better and had a shape for the first time...Brown, Cookey and Lewis were a threat ...The last 25 mins we battered them... They only got a chance on the counter .... 11 men on the pitch and we would have done em....

Gutted we lost as they were and played like a conf side..Nothing special..Crooks take a bow you fat idiot....Todd out...Nahhhh But could he explain why Lewis went off for Shuey?????????

Finally, got to meet Sunwinman and Ciba...Nice chaps thanks for the chat..Made the match more bearable if that was possible...Hope to see you again...

Rick

C&B Member
May 18, 2005
Crooks gave Todd a get out clause last night, The boo boys will be ready and waiting at the Walsall game because we all know it's the home form which is the cause of all the problems. That's if they bother to turn up after the last two home league games.

G
If we dont put in a good performance against Oldham then im seriously considering voting with my feet and missing the Walsall game. Ive never considered intentionally missing a home game before but i dont think im getting value for money. The clubs finances won't suffer as i have a season ticket but if others choose to give the game a miss then the low crowd might act as a wake up call to the board.

At the end of the day its all ifs and buts, a win or draw at Oldham or even a loss where we've put in a very good performance will persuade me to go to the Walsall game. I have doubts that i'd be able to persuade myself not to go to Valley Parade even if we lost to Oldham in dire circumstances.

I think i may just have to lock myself in the house and throw away the key that night and just keep telling myself that its for the good of the club that the board get a wake up call.

Sterling Archer

I really envy those who have never met you.
C&B Member
May 21, 2005
Economic traveling migrant
I can understand why this is slipping away into oblivion and thats because it is a fair appraisal of a match and not a witch hunt....

Anyone else go see anything different last night?????Apart from long periods of the M62:D :eek: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.